4 of the GOP candates said god 'told them' to run...

3 of them have to be wrong. Why would God want 4 different people to run?

Also the bible pretty much says that God doesn't care about our governments down here. A point that usually goes ignored by many.

So 3 of them would have to be wrong because you can't think of a single, solitary reason why God may want multiple people to run despite several people mentioning several reasons in this thread already?

And funny, the Bible I read leads me to suggest that God cares about government quite a bit. Particularly self-government.

"Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s, and unto God the things that are God’s"

Do Mormons believe in the old/new testament, or just the book of Mormon? (serious question-just curious).

Anyone who claims to know the will of God is a liar, the worst kind of liar.

Anyone who claimed that an all powerful God can't share His will with His children is an even bigger liar.
The Gawd of THIS world offered it to JC in The Script. JC refused so he offered it to others. Many took hiM up on it.It's all in The Script.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKWVu0BsFkE]Are they all rock fans? or are they illuminati hand signals? - YouTube[/ame]

Using religion as a political tool is nothing new but you would think people would have learned by now that it is the mark of a charlatan. Technically there is no religious test to run for the presidency but try telling that to republicans, they require even the most ruthless arch capitalist to to go through the motions of faith.

I never understood how one being religious was only bad if they were Republicans.
The issue isn’t being religious per se, it’s acting on it.

Actually they just ignore their own when it comes to religion and politics. Black churches preach from the pulpit in support of Democratic candidates and the left doesn't mind that.
If republicans/conservatives could only do the same, every thing would be fine.

If you truly are you can't help BUT act on it
:eusa_pray:

Wonder how much protest there was when the original GW invoked God's name?

I agree to this extent: if one is a Christian they never have to tell anyone. People will know it by your actions.
Actions that do not involve wagging one's tongue FOR VOTES ONLY.
Big difference. Those that do the wagging NEVER get or deserve my vote.
They are frauds. Christians should not act that way.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCAffMSWSzY]Obama Admits He Is A Muslim - YouTube[/ame]

3 of them have to be wrong. Why would God want 4 different people to run?

Also the bible pretty much says that God doesn't care about our governments down here. A point that usually goes ignored by many.

So 3 of them would have to be wrong because you can't think of a single, solitary reason why God may want multiple people to run despite several people mentioning several reasons in this thread already?

And funny, the Bible I read leads me to suggest that God cares about government quite a bit. Particularly self-government.

"Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s, and unto God the things that are God’s"

Do Mormons believe in the old/new testament, or just the book of Mormon? (serious question-just curious).

One quote, out of context, of Jesus' does not equal "God doesn't care about our governments".

and

Yes.
The book of Mormon is inspired by tablets that were found (supposedly) from Jesus' visit to the American continent.
So it's almost like a NEW New testament to them.
It's one thing to lose scrolls or tablets from 1,000s of years ago but these Mormon tablets were found in the 1800s and they're gone already???
:doubt:

I never understood how one being religious was only bad if they were Republicans.

How many Democrats running for President are saying god wants them to run? Let's talk about them for a little bit, shall we?
Obama prays to be an instrument of God's will.

That's pretty fucked up, if one is prone to think that telling voters they have faith is fucked up.

Denying the God of Heaven and earth merely makes you a fool. Who is man that He can resist God?
Man created god, a product of human fear and ignorance; those who believe otherwise are the fools.

And Obama prays to be "an instrument of God's will".

You’re better than a petty deflection.

Pale Rider…

You’re not.

So Obama stating he wants to be "an instrument" of God's will is ok, but someone saying God told them to run is not? I got that right?

One quote, out of context, of Jesus' does not equal "God doesn't care about our governments".

and

Yes.
The book of Mormon is inspired by tablets that were found (supposedly) from Jesus' visit to the American continent.
It's one thing to lose scrolls or tablets from 1,000s of years ago but these Mormon tablets were found in the 1800s and they're gone already???

Taken out of context? How so? Didn't Jesus say that when someone asked him if they should have to pay taxes to the government? How did I take anything out of context?

edit: I will say I probably did use the wrong language by saying he "doesn't care". But I don't think he essentially said there that let humans run human government-and God will rule those things that are his, himself (heaven for example).

Last edited:

and

Yes.

The book of Mormon is Jesus the Western

and bible thumpers wonder why we are leery of them and don't want them anywhere near the highest position in government...

....as opposed to those in the highest position in government who viev themselves as divine, chosen, and have no need for God.......going so far as to mandate Georgetown U to cover up a crucifix.

Forum List

Back