4 Inconvenient Facts The Right Ignores

"Some Of The Lost History In The Civil Rights Movement

By Robert Rohlfing *October 1, 2011*

Today we are hearing how Republicans and Conservatives are either the party of racists or that they are racists in general, but history proves a different story.*

This rhetoric is being pushed by those on the left and is being used as a tool to divide people.*

The real history is no longer taught to our children and so many adults have fallen prey to this rhetoric without actually doing the research to see if it is actually true.

If you look though the history books that are presented to our children. If you listen to politicians and pundits. If you talk to your neighbors or friends. Most, would not even believe many facts of the lost history in the Civil Rights Movement.*

This is a travesty of truth, and the people that have been most afflicted by this have been the African American community for not really understanding the truth about the Democrat Party and how they have buried the truth about their past.

In the 26 major civil rights votes after 1933, a majority of Democrats opposed civil rights legislation in over 80 percent of the votes.

By contrast, the Republican party favored civil rights in over 96 percent of the votes."

"Were you aware that in order to break the racist ways of Southern Democrats, it was Republican President Eisenhower who sponsored both Civil Rights Act and Voting Rights Act and it was a LBJ lead Senate who fought tooth and nail against them? "

Some Of The Lost History In The Civil Rights Movement

So, republicans are double-talking, double-dealing dirtballs. What else is new?

What have progressive democrats done for me, that I ever wanted in the first place, since Grover Cleveland?

There's less poison in your water and air.

The books at the library are free.

I could name 1000 others -- 100 things that government does for you BEFORE you get to work... but....

Say thank you and pay your taxes.

What "illegal, unconstitutional, and impractical gun control laws"?

Probably the ones that Reagan signed into law..

:badgrin:

Which Reagan?

This Reagan?

z6ZnNny.png

Or this Reagan??

DXEUQQl.png
2vKbtyf.png

ekR2XbD.png
Tk38sNy.png
TAAfxXG.png

Those quotes bear repeating, since the great communicator himself said it.

:D

"The religious right started because"...? What the hell does that mean? The premise is something that a high school kid would think up.

"Son, when I appoint a ****** to the court, I want everyone to know he's a ******." -- Democrat Civil Right "hero" LBJ discussing his appointment of Thurgood Marshall to SCOTUS

The first civil rights act authored by republicans but not supported by democrats;

"Eisenhower, perhaps shocked by the news broadcasts of Little Rock, publicly supported the bill (it was, after all, his Attorney-General who had produced the bill). However, the final act became a much watered done affair due to the lack of support among the Democrats.

The Senate leader, Lyndon Baines Johnson, was a Democrat, and he realised that the bill and its journey through Congress, could tear apart his party as it had right wing Southern senators in it and liberal west coast ones

The 1957 Civil Rights Act

When he was Senate Majority Leader, LBJ referred to it as "The ****** Bill". LBJ would not let it come to a vote and actually set civil right back a whole 7 years. In 1964, LBJ finally passed Ike's Bill, but pretended it was his own

2. NRA used to support gun control.
The NRA still does.

Just not the mindless, ineffective crap put forth by people (like Jillian) that can only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.

the only "emotion" i see on this thread is the meltdown of you rabid righties
That doesn't even challenge, much less refute the validity of what I said.

you're also lying about the NRA's positions...
Incorrect.

I stated that the NRA supports gun control. just not the mindless, ineffective crap put forth by people (like you) that can only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.

This is absolutely true and is proven so each and every day.

Thanks for the help. :eusa_clap:

2. NRA used to support gun control.
The NRA still does.

Just not the mindless, ineffective crap put forth by people (like Jillian) that can only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.
The NRA is owned by the gun manufacturers.
They like more crime and more killings.
It sells more guns.
Thank your helping to prove my point. :eusa_clap:

Nice Cherry picking of Harry J Enten's Article.
Representative William McCoulloch a Conservative Republican stated "The Constitution doesn't say that whites alone shall have our most basic rights, but that we all shall have them," he would say to fellow legislators."
Virginia's Democratic Rep. Howard W. Smith was a staunch segregationist and strongly opposed the Civil Rights Act and tried to kill it's passage.
McCoulloch had a key role in the 1965 Voting Rights Act and the 1968 Fair Housing Act. Where were all the Liberal Democrats hiding?
Where is your source for the the last two paragraphs you added? Sounds like typical delusional liberal speak.
What you might not know about the 1964 Civil Rights Act - CNN.com

Last edited:
You're a douchebag idiot.

So, republicans are double-talking, double-dealing dirtballs. What else is new?

What have progressive democrats done for me, that I ever wanted in the first place, since Grover Cleveland?

i'm not a progressive. i am a liberal.

but that has nothing to do with you ignoring the facts in the o/p.

i have no issue with republicans. i can't abide people who abhor fact-based reality.

you're welcome.

Today we are hearing how Republicans and Conservatives are either the party of racists or that they are racists in general, but history proves a different story.*

This rhetoric is being pushed by those on the left and is being used as a tool to divide people.*

The real history is no longer taught to our children and so many adults have fallen prey to this rhetoric without actually doing the research to see if it is actually true.

If you look though the history books that are presented to our children. If you listen to politicians and pundits. If you talk to your neighbors or friends. Most, would not even believe many facts of the lost history in the Civil Rights Movement.*

This is a travesty of truth, and the people that have been most afflicted by this have been the African American community for not really understanding the truth about the Democrat Party and how they have buried the truth about their past.

In the 26 major civil rights votes after 1933, a majority of Democrats opposed civil rights legislation in over 80 percent of the votes.

By contrast, the Republican party favored civil rights in over 96 percent of the votes."

"Were you aware that in order to break the racist ways of Southern Democrats, it was Republican President Eisenhower who sponsored both Civil Rights Act and Voting Rights Act and it was a LBJ lead Senate who fought tooth and nail against them? "

Bullshit article with bogus quotes. And you right wingers are full of shit.

HERE is what conservatives thought about civil rights in 1957...

William F. Buckley National Review editorial in 1957:

"The central question that emerges — and it is not a parliamentary question or a question that is answered by merely consulting a catalog of the rights of American citizens, born Equal — is whether the White community in the South is entitled to take such measures as are necessary to prevail, politically and culturally, in areas in which it does not predominate numerically? The sobering answer is Yes — the White community is so entitled because, for the time being, it is the advanced race."

For most of the past 70 years or so conservatives have opposed the demands for equal respect and equal rights by blacks, women, and gay people. Then, once any particular battle is over, and the conservative position has been decisively defeated, conservatives accept the new status quo and deny that they were ever on the other side.

Oh, ok. If you say it's not true and the quotes are a lie...yet provide absolutely nothing to verify...well then! There's nothing else to be said..

In other words lame, and you've just proven how ignorant you are. Yet again. As if anyone didn't already know it.

PS..you apply the same strategies that the progressive NAZIS did when they fought to remove basic human rights from people. If it wasn't for PROGRESSIVE nutbags, the Nazis would have just been another weird German political cult. It's not the politics, but the progressive ideology that got the Nazis in trouble. Nobody gives a shit about their politics...it was their devotion to depravity, lying, and genetic engineering that won them their place as one of the most depraved groups ever to exist.

And throughout history it is always the same...the most vile, disgusting pieces of shit who exert the worst punishment on man are ALWAYS those who embrace the values of progressive...lying, murder, and human rights violations for the *good* of the people.

You loons are in fabulous company.

One of the things Nazi progressives liked to do, and still engage in...deny historical fact, and re-write it to accommodate their twisted philosophies.

So when an idiot progressive confronts facts with "that's a lie!" just remember...Nazis still deny the Holocaust as well.

We all know it took place.

But they are confident that they can convince enough weak minded people that it was all a pack of lies concocted by those horrible jews that they will remain a viable force for evil.

The only difference now is that the progressives are demonizing Christians and Republicans. Oh and poor single mothers and their horrible children.

The first civil rights act authored by republicans but not supported by democrats;

"Eisenhower, perhaps shocked by the news broadcasts of Little Rock, publicly supported the bill (it was, after all, his Attorney-General who had produced the bill). However, the final act became a much watered done affair due to the lack of support among the Democrats.

The Senate leader, Lyndon Baines Johnson, was a Democrat, and he realised that the bill and its journey through Congress, could tear apart his party as it had right wing Southern senators in it and liberal west coast ones

The 1957 Civil Rights Act

When he was Senate Majority Leader, LBJ referred to it as "The ****** Bill". LBJ would not let it come to a vote and actually set civil right back a whole 7 years. In 1964, LBJ finally passed Ike's Bill, but pretended it was his own

Yep!
Democrats are still doing the exact same thing today.
Frank and Dodd fought President Bush and the Republicans against reforming Fannie and Freddy and then did their own bill in 2007 and calmed it as the Democrats.
Democrats have been doing this for a very long time.

"The central question that emerges — and it is not a parliamentary question or a question that is answered by merely consulting a catalog of the rights of American citizens, born Equal — is whether the White community in the South is entitled to take such measures as are necessary to prevail, politically and culturally, in areas in which it does not predominate numerically? The sobering answer is Yes — the White community is so entitled because, for the time being, it is the advanced race."

For most of the past 70 years or so conservatives have opposed the demands for equal respect and equal rights by blacks, women, and gay people. Then, once any particular battle is over, and the conservative position has been decisively defeated, conservatives accept the new status quo and deny that they were ever on the other side.

Conservatives like Buckley and Goldwater opposed Civil Right on the Principle that it was unnecessary; the only thing preventing blacks from advancing was the racist, sadistic, vile, descendants of slave owners in the Democrat Party.

Conservatives like Buckley and Goldwater opposed Civil Right on the Principle that it was unnecessary; the only thing preventing blacks from advancing was the racist, sadistic, vile, descendants of slave owners in the Democrat Party.

....who are now all part of the GOP

Oh, ok. If you say it's not true and the quotes are a lie...yet provide absolutely nothing to verify...well then! There's nothing else to be said..

In other words lame, and you've just proven how ignorant you are. Yet again. As if anyone didn't already know it.

One quote was supposedly said to two UNNAMED Senators aboard Air Force One. The other is unsourced.

....who are now all part of the GOP

:thup:

One of the things Nazi progressives liked to do, and still engage in...deny historical fact, and re-write it to accommodate their twisted philosophies.

So when an idiot progressive confronts facts with "that's a lie!" just remember...Nazis still deny the Holocaust as well.

We all know it took place.

But they are confident that they can convince enough weak minded people that it was all a pack of lies concocted by those horrible jews that they will remain a viable force for evil.

The only difference now is that the progressives are demonizing Christians and Republicans. Oh and poor single mothers and their horrible children.

The Nazis were progressives? WOW. Someone should have told Hitler! Maybe then he wouldn't have locked up progressives and won the war...

adolf_hitler_biography_4.jpg

"Today Christians stand at the head of our country. I pledge that I will never tie myself to parties who want to destroy Christianity... We want to fill our culture again with the Christian spirit.... We want to burn out all the recent immoral developments in literature, in the theatre, and in the press - in short, we want to burn out the poison of immorality which has entered into our whole life and culture as a result of liberal excess during the past few years."

Adolf Hitler
The Speeches of Adolph Hitler, 1922-1939, Vol. 1 (London, Oxford University Press, 1942), pg. 871-872.

When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

Then they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
I did not speak out;
I was not a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out for me.
Pastor Martin Niemöller

Forum List

Back