3rd major political party needed

There are approximately 35 political parties in the United States.

If most people wanted a third party with the clout of the dominant two, there would be one.

The fact is few people vote for third party candidates.

They have been brainwashed by the big two into believing that a 3rd party candidate is a vote for "the other person".
Maine votes for Independents from time to time--we have one in the Senate right now, and I remember a governor not that long ago. But usually either a Repub or a Dem wins anyway. Now with Ranked Choice Voting, it will be interesting to see if that makes any difference. People would feel freer, I think, to give their #1 vote to their third party candidate, knowing that it is not an "all or nothing" proposition.

Ranked Choice Voting might be the only thing that will save this country. So the two parties and their minions will fight against it to their dying breath.
That and the end of super pacs. Every candidate should be allowed a certain amount to spend and a certain amount of air time, no going over. It's ridiculous how much money they spend. RIDICULOUS. Give us a few televised debates, some in depth interviews in the paper, call it good. Of course, there will be seasoned manipulators like Trump who just steal airtime with their high jinx, but we should learn from the last election. A certain amount of airtime including the news coverage.

We need government
, but it will always be by it's very nature (human nature) corrupt. It's like when people bitch that Congress voted themselves a pay raise. Of course! We'd all vote ourselves a pay raise. Why would a politician with wealthy donors vote against those donors donating?
I used to believe that fairy tale.

NotPerfect.jpg

I want just one poor guy to be President. Give him 4-8 years. See how it works. He could be the genius who turns this country around.

If most people wanted a third party with the clout of the dominant two, there would be one.

They have been brainwashed by the big two into believing that a 3rd party candidate is a vote for "the other person".

In most cases, it is. That's a fact. Hence the "lesser of two evils" vote pattern.

Now, if a party were to arise that actually approached the constitutional model of government in a more authentic and effective manner than the two dominant parties, we'd be talking.

There's also that little fact that education is the key to good government, because it is filled with would-be P.T. Barnums looking for that next sucker. Compared to even fifty years ago, American citizens are civic morons. That was accomplished with intent.

The biggest problem with the lesser of two evils is that they are still evil
And adding a third ‘evil’ isn’t the answer.

The notion that candidates of a third party would be pure, innocent, humble public servants is as naïve as it is ridiculous.

Everything that’s wrong with American politics, everything Americans hate about politics, and the disdain Americans have for the two-party system is solely the fault of the American people – they have only themselves to blame: their ignorance, their apathy, and their stupidity make every American complicit with what’s wrong with the political process.

In most cases, it is. That's a fact. Hence the "lesser of two evils" vote pattern.

Now, if a party were to arise that actually approached the constitutional model of government in a more authentic and effective manner than the two dominant parties, we'd be talking.

There's also that little fact that education is the key to good government, because it is filled with would-be P.T. Barnums looking for that next sucker. Compared to even fifty years ago, American citizens are civic morons. That was accomplished with intent.

Perhaps, but your 3rd remains impotent.

The big two have been very efficient in their brainwashing.
Nonsense.

The two-party system thrives in this political climate of disinterest and a lack of political involvement – it’s not ‘brainwashing,’ it’s ignorance, apathy, and laziness.

We need government
, but it will always be by it's very nature (human nature) corrupt. It's like when people bitch that Congress voted themselves a pay raise. Of course! We'd all vote ourselves a pay raise. Why would a politician with wealthy donors vote against those donors donating?
I used to believe that fairy tale.

View attachment 229311

We don't NEED government. We WANT government. I'm lazy. I'm not spending my days off at the community center discussing the street cleaning schedule. There are old ladies with nothing else to do to take that bullet for me. And most people are like me. With no government it would be a clusterfuck of me's, and that would end terribly.

We don't NEED government. We WANT government. I'm lazy. I'm not spending my days off at the community center discussing the street cleaning schedule. There are old ladies with nothing else to do to take that bullet for me. And most people are like me. With no government it would be a clusterfuck of me's, and that would end terribly.
I know that's what we've been told by the worshipers of The State....But what if all of that really isn't true?

THOUGHTS FROM AN INDEPENDENT

60% of Americans are not satisfied with either political party, in fact most would support a major 3rd political party. But what would a 3rd party look like? Any thoughts?

Perceived Need for Third Major Party Remains High in U.S.

Most Americans want a third party. The agreement stops there

How much longer can the two-party system hold?
There are 15 or twenty to chose from.
Most likely those 60% have figured out that their participation makes no difference as they are not Tony Stark.

Maine votes for Independents from time to time--we have one in the Senate right now, and I remember a governor not that long ago. But usually either a Repub or a Dem wins anyway. Now with Ranked Choice Voting, it will be interesting to see if that makes any difference. People would feel freer, I think, to give their #1 vote to their third party candidate, knowing that it is not an "all or nothing" proposition.

Ranked Choice Voting might be the only thing that will save this country. So the two parties and their minions will fight against it to their dying breath.
That and the end of super pacs. Every candidate should be allowed a certain amount to spend and a certain amount of air time, no going over. It's ridiculous how much money they spend. RIDICULOUS. Give us a few televised debates, some in depth interviews in the paper, call it good. Of course, there will be seasoned manipulators like Trump who just steal airtime with their high jinx, but we should learn from the last election. A certain amount of airtime including the news coverage.
However ridiculous any such law implementing this would be struck down as un-Constitutional (see Citizens United (2010)).

I know that's what we've been told by the worshipers of The State....But what if all of that really isn't true?

I know me being lazy is pretty true.

THOUGHTS FROM AN INDEPENDENT

60% of Americans are not satisfied with either political party, in fact most would support a major 3rd political party. But what would a 3rd party look like? Any thoughts?

Perceived Need for Third Major Party Remains High in U.S.

Most Americans want a third party. The agreement stops there

How much longer can the two-party system hold?
A Republic Is Public Enemy #1

The elitist Constitution was designed to take that choice away from the people. We little people must always let our betters make our choices for us, or so we are told in school, at work, and at the polls.

And adding a third ‘evil’ isn’t the answer.

The notion that candidates of a third party would be pure, innocent, humble public servants is as naïve as it is ridiculous.

Everything that’s wrong with American politics, everything Americans hate about politics, and the disdain Americans have for the two-party system is solely the fault of the American people – they have only themselves to blame: their ignorance, their apathy, and their stupidity make every American complicit with what’s wrong with the political process.

It is not about finding a candidate less evil, it is about more accountability. In a two party system there is none for either party, no matter how badly they screw up things and screw over people they know they will be back in power sooner rather than later, it is just a given.

Add in a 3rd (or more) viable choice and then all of a sudden actions have consequences. There is no longer a guarantee of return to power.

Actually he is 100% correct.

Actually, you are 100% brainwashed by The State.

No, you are just a moron.

I am not going to pave my own roads to get from my home to my job.

I am not going to chase after the rapist in the next town.

I am not going to dig a well and get my own water.

I am not going to build a bridge over the Mississippi so I can get to my job.

All of these things I am more than happy to hand over to the government so that I can sit here on a Saturday and watch my Gator's kick the shit out of some cupcake opponent.

It may not seem like it but America is in a constant state of change and conservatives hate change; that may be the reason we have lost a couple of major conservative parties already.

It may not seem like it but America is in a constant state of change and conservatives hate change; that may be the reason we have lost a couple of major conservative parties already.

Conservatives don't hate change, we hate stupid moronic change that's typically hatched by stupid moronic Dem's and RINO's.

I love change, but have no patience with the madness the Democrats offer.

No, you are just a moron.

I am not going to pave my own roads to get from my home to my job.

I am not going to chase after the rapist in the next town.

I am not going to dig a well and get my own water.

I am not going to build a bridge over the Mississippi so I can get to my job.

All of these things I am more than happy to hand over to the government so that I can sit here on a Saturday and watch my Gator's kick the shit out of some cupcake opponent.
At least your cupcake is not as fluffy as the one Alabama is playing today.

Forum List

Back