300M of US against only 545 of THEM - so WHY have WE not taken them out?

Baron Von Murderpaws

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2021
In the recesses of your mind
545 vs. 300,000,000 of The People
-By Charlie Reese

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, WHY do we have deficits?

Have you ever wondered, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, WHY do we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don't propose a federal budget. The President does.

You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does.

You and I don't write the tax code, Congress does.

You and I don't set fiscal policy, Congress does.

You and I don't control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one President, and nine Supreme Court justices equates to 545 human beings out of the 300 million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.

I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered, but private, central bank.

I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason. They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman, or a President to do one cotton-picking thing. I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash. The politician has the power to accept or reject it. No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislator's responsibility to determine how he votes.

Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.

What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall of a Speaker, who stood up and criticized the President for creating deficits. The President can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it.

The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes. Who is the speaker of the House? He is the leader of the majority party. He and fellow House members, not the President, can approve any budget they want. If the President vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto if they agree to.

It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million cannot replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts -- of incompetence and irresponsibility. I can't think of a single domestic problem that is not traceable directly to those 545 people. When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise the power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.

If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want it unfair.

If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it in the red.

If the Army & Marines are in Iraq and Afghanistan it's because they want them in Iraq and Afghanistan ...

If they do not receive social security but are on an elite retirement plan not available to the people, it's because they want it that way.

There are no insoluble government problems.

Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire and whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject; to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can take this power. Above all, do not let them con you into the belief that there exists disembodied mystical forces like "the economy," "inflation," or "politics" that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do.

Those 545 people, and they alone, are responsible.

They, and they alone, have the power.

They, and they alone, should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses.

Provided the voters have the gumption to manage their own employees...

We should vote all of them out of office and clean up their mess!

Charlie Reese - retired columnist of the Orlando Sentinel Newspaper.
1681334055113.png

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, WHY do we have deficits?

Have you ever wondered, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, WHY do we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does.

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one President, and nine Supreme Court justices equates to 545 human beings out of the 300 million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.

This all happens because we keep putting the same people back in office, and as such they have no reason to do what they promise since people will vote for them anyhow.

This is why the two parties have worked so hard to divide the country, to have us fighting each other over stupid shit like beer cans. The more we fight each other, the more they get away with.

-By Charlie Reese

I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered, but private, central bank.

I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason. They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman, or a President to do one cotton-picking thing. I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash. The politician has the power to accept or reject it. No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislator's responsibility to determine how he votes.

Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.

What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall of a Speaker, who stood up and criticized the President for creating deficits. The President can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it.

The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes. Who is the speaker of the House? He is the leader of the majority party. He and fellow House members, not the President, can approve any budget they want. If the President vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto if they agree to.

It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million cannot replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts -- of incompetence and irresponsibility. I can't think of a single domestic problem that is not traceable directly to those 545 people. When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise the power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.

If the Army & Marines are in Iraq and Afghanistan it's because they want them in Iraq and Afghanistan ...

If they do not receive social security but are on an elite retirement plan not available to the people, it's because they want it that way.

Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire and whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject; to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can take this power. Above all, do not let them con you into the belief that there exists disembodied mystical forces like "the economy," "inflation," or "politics" that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do.

They, and they alone, should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses.

View attachment 775887
You are certainly not the first person to hold congress incompetent. The problem is that it is apparently impossible to determine which candidates (if any) are competent in these matters before one is required to cast a vote.

This all happens because we keep putting the same people back in office, and as such they have no reason to do what they promise since people will vote for them anyhow.

This is why the two parties have worked so hard to divide the country, to have us fighting each other over stupid shit like beer cans. The more we fight each other, the more they get away with.
thats it,to many people with the my congress person is good,but yours?.....not so much mindset.....

-By Charlie Reese

View attachment 775887

You make some good points. All debt in this country occurs directly because of congress on “our behalf”, and most people don’t make the connection that they are spending your money. Government doesn’t make money, they either borrow it and you end up paying for it through taxes, or they take it from you directly through taxes. Either way, the money they spend comes from the people and this money equates to labor.

You work for a living so you can feed and clothe yourself, put a roof over your head, save for retirement, maybe have some fun along the way. But the government, because they spend money on “your behalf” means they directly control your labor, and your quality of life. The more they spend, the more they ask you to pay.

Some people don’t get this concept I suppose, and it puts a big light on all the spending the government does, most of which is unconstitutional. Someone show me where in the cotus it says they can take money from you (tax your labor) and give it to other countries. Someone show me in the cotus where the federal government gets the authority to have all of these big bloated bureaucracies that requires them to spend so much money that they have to soak you for up to 37% of your income.

States have authority to spend on their needs but the federal government does not. The 10th amendment says this, but we have allowed the government to get so big that everyone now thinks the government is supposed to rule over us and we are supposed to be submissive to government. They have even created the IRS, the most powerful enforcement agency in the world, to make sure you pay your taxes, or they will ruin you. They will ruin you if you fail to pay the money the government demands of you for the bloated spending they perform.

Then, all the “public service” people we elect, someone become part of the privileged class, and they get special laws and rules that apply them, and not everyone else. They partake in insider trading and get privilege from other laws, and they end up becoming wealthy, and gain power to influence the lives of everyone in the country. They get caught in all kinds of scandals and lie to you and tell you all they are going to do for you l, but when they enter office, they do none of it. They just seek more power and it all becomes about getting re-elected.

“Public service” lol, more like “ruling class”

Speak for yourself.................I've not put any of these worthless pedophiles, commies, drunks, drug addicts, and whores in office!

I vote AGAINST them.

I did vote for Trump. Will vote for him again.

Hopefully he's got the crematoriums hot n ready when he gets back into the White House!!!!
Gonna be a WHOLE LOTTA Demoiturds being shoveled into them day and night.

Hopefully.

giphy.gif

Speak for yourself.................I've not put any of these worthless pedophiles, commies, drunks, drug addicts, and whores in office!

I vote AGAINST them.

Hopefully he's got the crematoriums hot n ready when he gets back into the White House!!!!

And your post is why the country is in the shape it is in.

All you care about are the Dems being put in their place when it has been a joint effort between both parties to get us here.

You are part of the problem.

I vote AGAINST them.

Hopefully.

giphy.gif

Nope.
IF he gets back in office you're going to be so disappointed when he consistently supports the Establishment against The People.
The Deep State will win regardless of whether Trump or Biden gets elected.
They play the long game, FAR ahead of the average Moe.

-By Charlie Reese

View attachment 775887
Because the politicians do not get their power from the people. They get it from the real rulers of this country

Nope.
IF he gets back in office you're going to be so disappointed when he consistently supports the Establishment against The People.
The Deep State will win regardless of whether Trump or Biden gets elected.
They play the long game, FAR ahead of the average Moe.
You clearly have no inkling of SOC which is the way the many are starting to follow and use to defeat the Deep State .
And it is because DS has corrupted ascross the political spectrum and down to local level that "we" are adopting new tactics based on our numerical strength ,let alone our less selfish aims and goals .

Forum List

Back