300 Million Reasons To Worry?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Bonnie, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    By Robert Samuelson

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2006/10/us_population_growth_a_sign_of.html

2. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    I have read these disturbing stats before. “Vitality?” 420 million by 2050? Put me in the “calamity” camp. Imagine that in 40 years there will be one-third more people than now! And this will not be an increase with an even distribution across the US. There will be places like the Southwest where in 40 years there will be half again as many people as there are now. There are already too many people in Southern California, without 50 percent more. That means, for example, there will be about as many people in Southern California in 2050 than there is in all of Canada right now! It’s ridiculous and depressing. What good is such a giant boost in population? More consumers? More pressure on limited resources? More poor, uneducated immigrant workers to flip burgers?

3. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    This "boost" is accompanied by a less-noticed "bust": Whites will shrink to pitiful size, and lose the nation they built. When Hispanics are the majority, you can bet your ass there won't be affirmative action for whites. You can also be damn sure it won't be anything like the America we remember. Few will speak English. It'll be more like Mexico.

4. Nuc

Nuc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    That's called "Democracy", bro!:dev3: :trolls: :cheers2:

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Well as long at most of us are in the middle, I could care less what color we are.

6. Nuc

Nuc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    America is becoming stratified. There is no "American culture". There are many different sub cultures living alongside each other or on top of each other.

7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Which is not good. The melting pot was good, for many years, I doubt we'll get that back. The salad method is not working. My guess, over time, Islam will win here. No holding us together. Prots hate everyone. Jews are hated by all. Islamics say they hate everyone, no one believes them.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Nuc

Nuc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Muslims are taking over everywhere, slowly but surely. They are systematic, single minded and patient. They are intentionally colonizing every country they can get into and have no qualms about exploiting the weaknesses of the host countries. I think they may not get America, but who cares if they have every other place?

9. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    I am not so sure that the melting pot is dead or if it ever really existed in the first place. For many past generations towns within towns were built, e.g., the Italian neighborhoods in Buffalo, the Irish neighborhoods in Boston, ect. Can you elaborate on the last sentence quoted above? And also, why will "Islam win here?" You mean that everywhere will become like the Detroit suburbs? Just another town within a town, in my opinion.

10. Dr Grump

Dr Grump Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,181
    Islam will have little or no affect on western civilisation as a whole. There'll be the odd incident highlighted, but they are not even close to taking us over. As for William Joyce's "speaking Spanish" scenario, what rabid racists like him tend to forget is a lot of those folk love the rights the US gives them just as much as he does and will do what it takes to keep the country they have moved to in the same state it has been when they arrived...