3 People (Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos & Warren Buffett) are richer than the poorest 50% of Americans

Success brought about by bribing Congress.
Bill Gates is in a class of scum of his own.

Bill Gates was apolitical until he started seeing what his accountants and other people were telling him. That he needed his own lobbyists to protect his interests.

How many high paying jobs and millionaires has the work of Bill Gates and his original partners created? How much have all those people paid in income taxes alone?

How much of the money you "should have" is in the pocket of Bill Gates and why?
Bill Gates initiated every lawsuit he was slapped with. He stole and copyrighted everything except for his original Quick Basic. He even stole Visual Basic.

So, I just wanna be clear here. You're saying he's a criminal, and you may be right. But I get the impression that's really not important to your argument. I'm betting that even if there were rock solid proof that he was innocent, you'd still be peeved about him having that much money. Am I right?
He's not a criminal; I never stated such.
Lying is not a crime.

Fraud is a crime. But you're dodging the question. Is it the things Bill Gates has done to acquire wealth that bother you? Or just the fact that he has acquired so much?

It's an important distinction. If you have evidence that he's cheated people, you'll find plenty of support from conservatives and libertarians in prosecuting him. But if you're just saying that government should control wealth, rather than individuals, well, that's another argument entirely.

Forget about a brand new interstate highway system

We can't even fix what we have. Bridges are crumbling, mass transit is ancient, water systems and power grid is a disgrace

But at least our wealthy are sitting on a bigger pot of money

And at least our government has wasted $Ts on pension obligations for worthless government employees instead of building and maintaining our infrastructure.

What does the federal government have to do with infrastructure?

Take a look at how money hoovered up by DC and then granted to states, and get back to us on that.

And, I made no attribution to solely the federal government. I said government in general, which includes States, Counties and Municipalities.

As one of those government employees, I guarantee that they did not fund their pension obligations!

I said "wasted" $Ts of dollars, which includes future obligations. That's why the DC establishment is desperate to not cut taxes.

You did not say future. The fact remains that no has been funding their current obligations either.

And at least our government has wasted $Ts on pension obligations for worthless government employees instead of building and maintaining our infrastructure.

Take a look at how money hoovered up by DC and then granted to states, and get back to us on that.

And, I made no attribution to solely the federal government. I said government in general, which includes States, Counties and Municipalities.

As one of those government employees, I guarantee that they did not fund their pension obligations!

I said "wasted" $Ts of dollars, which includes future obligations. That's why the DC establishment is desperate to not cut taxes.

You did not say future. The fact remains that no has been funding their current obligations either.

I said WASTED $T, that includes creating unfunded liabilities, bub.

In the 1980s we sold our souls to Supply Side Economics
All tax cuts pay for themselves, put money in the hands of our job creators and watch the economy boom, a rising tide lifts all boats

What do we have to show for it?

Prior to the 1980s, our tax structure won WWII, built the interstate highway system, put a man on the moon

What has our nation accomplished since we sold out to supply side?

All of those are not about a lack of $$ but a lack of will.

Hell, with current regulations applauded by progressives you probably wouldn't be able to build something like the interstate highway system today.

We can't even fix what we have. Bridges are crumbling, mass transit is ancient, water systems and power grid is a disgrace

Again, lack of will more than lack of $$. or more properly, lack of properly allocated money.

So, since selling out to supply side economics

What have we gotten for our money?

Exactly how did they waste it? You are arguing with yourself in a huge circle.

Let's simplify this: given all of the money the government has spent and committed for the future, what is the value we are getting that makes it worthwhile?

Success brought about by bribing Congress.
Bill Gates is in a class of scum of his own.

Bill Gates was apolitical until he started seeing what his accountants and other people were telling him. That he needed his own lobbyists to protect his interests.

How many high paying jobs and millionaires has the work of Bill Gates and his original partners created? How much have all those people paid in income taxes alone?

How much of the money you "should have" is in the pocket of Bill Gates and why?
Bill Gates initiated every lawsuit he was slapped with. He stole and copyrighted everything except for his original Quick Basic. He even stole Visual Basic.

So, I just wanna be clear here. You're saying he's a criminal, and you may be right. But I get the impression that's really not important to your argument. I'm betting that even if there were rock solid proof that he was innocent, you'd still be peeved about him having that much money. Am I right?
He's not a criminal; I never stated such.
Lying is not a crime.

Fraud is a crime. But you're dodging the question. Is it the things Bill Gates has done to acquire wealth that bother you? Or just the fact that he has acquired so much?

It's an important distinction. If you have evidence that he's cheated people, you'll find plenty of support from conservatives and libertarians in prosecuting him. But if you're just saying that government should control wealth, rather than individuals, well, that's another argument entirely.
Genius...read the OP.
Gates does nothing for anyone.
Do I resent Bezos or Buffet?
Nope.
Gates is an asshole.
Are you also an asshole for reading so much of your personal snobbery into my posts?

Let's simplify this: given all of the money the government has spent and committed for the future, what is the value we are getting that makes it worthwhile?

The government doesn't commit for the future. THAT is the problem.

All tax cuts pay for themselves, put money in the hands of our job creators and watch the economy boom, a rising tide lifts all boats

Prior to the 1980s, our tax structure won WWII, built the interstate highway system, put a man on the moon

Hell, with current regulations applauded by progressives you probably wouldn't be able to build something like the interstate highway system today.

Again, lack of will more than lack of $$. or more properly, lack of properly allocated money.

Who's Money?

Who's Money?

We the People

The government doesn't commit for the future. THAT is the problem.

Yes it does! It commits to future liabilities without funding them.

Who's Money?

We the People

people own their money, not the People. That's what progressives never seem to understand.

3 Richest Americans Now Own More Wealth Than Bottom Half of US Combined
Wednesday, November 08, 2017
by Common Dreams
Three Richest Americans Now Own More Wealth Than Bottom Half of US Combined: Report

"The elite ranks of our billionaire class continue to pull apart from the rest of us," a new Institute for Policy study analysis finds
by Jake Johnson, staff writer

In the United States, the 400 richest individuals now own more wealth than the bottom 64 percent of the population and the three richest own more wealth than the bottom 50 percent, while pervasive poverty means one in five households have zero or negative net worth.

snip

"The wealthiest 25 individuals in the United States today own $1 trillion in combined assets," the report notes. "These 25, a group equivalent to the active roster of a major league baseball team, hold more wealth than the bottom 56 percent of the U.S. population combined, 178 million people."'

snip

In order to get a broader sense of the size of the chasm between rich and poor in the U.S., Collins and Hoxie place the net worth of the top one percent and the bottom one percent side by side.

"The wealthiest 25 individuals in the United States today hold more wealth than the bottom 56 percent of the U.S. population combined, 178 million people." "All combined, households in the bottom one percent have a combined negative net worth of $196 billion," the report finds. "For comparison, the top one percent, a category holding the exact same number of people, have positive $33.4 trillion in combined net worth."

<more>

Three Richest Americans Now Own More Wealth Than Bottom Half of US Combined: Report

It is time to close the loopholes, increase their income tax and even the fucking playing field. That my friends is the right thing to do.

It’s a meaningless statistic.

Of all the state and local subsidy dollars tracked, half went to the top 30 companies, led by Boeing. The aerospace giant alone has received $13 billion in subsidies & hasn't paid income taxes for 15 years.

Why would low income people have wealth?

Food - check
Place to live - check
iPhone - probably
Car - probably

Wealth while just making all those ends meet? Only if you inherited some real estate.

Who's Money?

We the People

people own their money, not the People. That's what progressives never seem to understand.

We the People created a country we like to call The United States
It is a government of the people, by the people and for the people

Who's Money?

We the People

Government was supposed to be overhead, not the end all be all.

Right now it is the government of the unelected bureaucrat, fed by people like you who feel the need to lord over others by proxy.

Who's Money?

We the People

Government was supposed to be overhead, not the end all be all.

Right now it is the government of the unelected bureaucrat, fed by people like you who feel the need to lord over others by proxy.

Still is

They do not lord over others by proxy. We the People elect them.
If we are not satisfied, we vote them out

None of this matters, because money is just an illusion. How else could the GOP tax reform bill that would add another $1.5 trillion to the deficit be explained?

And, since it is only an illusion, don't worry about the fact that the DOW just dropped over 200 points this morning.

Why are all the libs suddenly concerned with $1.5 trillion over 10 years (that's $150 billion per year) when Obama spent $10 trillion dollars in just 8 years (which is $1.25 trillion per year)?

That just proves liberalism is a mental defect!

Why are conservatives all of a sudden so UNconcerned about the deficit?

Forum List

Back