3:10 to Yuma

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
We went to see this movie Saturday evening because of the 3-stars, 3-1/2 stars, and 4-stars rating it has been given, depending on the reviewer. It is a good story with an excellent cast who give great performances. I would not be surprised to see Russell Crowe and Ben Foster get Oscar nods for their roles, but for us the ending just ruined this movie. It was so unbelievable it was laughable. I’ll bet very few people who see this movie would ever think that’s how it would end. Oh, well, it was a movie, and movies are make-believe after all.

If anyone else goes to see this movie, I would be interested in hearing your reaction to it.

We went to see this movie Saturday evening because of the 3-stars, 3-1/2 stars, and 4-stars rating it has been given, depending on the reviewer. It is a good story with an excellent cast who give great performances. I would not be surprised to see Russell Crowe and Ben Foster get Oscar nods for their roles, but for us the ending just ruined this movie. It was so unbelievable it was laughable. I’ll bet very few people who see this movie would ever think that’s how it would end. Oh, well, it was a movie, and movies are make-believe after all.

If anyone else goes to see this movie, I would be interested in hearing your reaction to it.

Your review pretty much sums up my thoughts on it. Wanted to see an entertaining movie and went with this one because it was the best reviewed of all the recent releases. The ending pretty much ruined the movie. It had the potential to be great up until Russell Crowe started saving everyone in Apache land; it started losing credibility after that. It was not as good as advertised- no where near Unforgiven.

My Dad said the same thing after we watched it. I don't know I kinda liked the ending. It's not like Crowe was really redeemed. He just shot his bud for the sake of Bale. Crowe will probly escape later anyway. Bale was redeemed because he proved he wasn't a coward.

I watched this a couple weeks ago. It was fantastic. The best part for me was the ending. What a great way to end it.

What I loved about this was the characters were very rich and deep.

You are aware the original had the bad guy help at the end also, though he did not have to kill all the members of his gang? Same excuse also, he could easily escape from Yuma prison. Glen Ford was the bad guy, can't remember the good guys name, He was the Husband in Shane though.

Your review pretty much sums up my thoughts on it. Wanted to see an entertaining movie and went with this one because it was the best reviewed of all the recent releases. The ending pretty much ruined the movie. It had the potential to be great up until Russell Crowe started saving everyone in Apache land; it started losing credibility after that. It was not as good as advertised- no where near Unforgiven.
You really can't compare to Unforgiven!

Forum List

Back