2nd Worst Financial Crisis In History: Who gets credit?

Is that Donald Ducks rich uncle?

piaf.JPG

Yeah I know where I am posting. And?

and it's nice to have verification once in a while.
:eusa_whistle:

Ludwig von Mises would oppose a minimum wage.

you two need an agent.

:lol:

I'm just curious as to the nonsensical notion of praising Ludwig von Mises and a minimum wage in the same thread. It's contradictory.
Was he a God? No, he was but a wise man. He was not perfect, and, like Marx he made many sound point without being correct on all matters.

Unlike you, I am wise and honest enough to embrace wisdom from all people who possess it while rejecting that which does not work. I worship no men and no men are above review or criticism.

☭proletarian☭;2065052 said:
you two need an agent.

:lol:

I'm just curious as to the nonsensical notion of praising Ludwig von Mises and a minimum wage in the same thread. It's contradictory.
Was he a God? No, he was but a wise man. He was not perfect, and, like Marx he made many sound point without being correct on all matters.

Unlike you, I am wise and honest enough to embrace wisdom from all people who possess it while rejecting that which does not work. I worship no men and no men are above review or criticism.

Spin it however you like, but if you don't support the free market you can't accurately call yourself an Austrian.

I do support the free market. I'm just smart enough to realize that a free market can only exist with proper regulation in place. History has shown us that without proper regulation, the Bourgeois quickly secure their power, there is no competition, and the masses suffer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I take what works from the Austrian, Marxian, and Neoclassical schools to understand the socioeconomic development of the world, much as one takes astronomy, cosmology, and thermodynamics (among other disciplines) to better understand the universe as a whole.

☭proletarian☭;2065058 said:
I do support the free market. I'm just smart enough to realize that a free market can only exist with proper regulation in place. History has shown us that without proper regulation, the Bourgeois quickly secure their power, there is no competition, and the masses suffer.

Which means you don't support a free market.

Which means I support a free market.

You do not support a free market. You'd rather allow the richest few control the market and stifle all competition, everyone else be damned.

You support economic oligarchy.

You support child sweatshops, colonialism, and slave labour.

I support human rights and the true free market.

The rights of people come before the profits of the corporation.

We’ve come through the second-worst financial crisis in the history of the world bruised and shocked, but on the road to recovery. Agree?

Who gets the credit for averting complete disaster, the invisible hand or Obama? If not Obama, who?

Unemployment is high, there is a sense of bewilderment clouding the minds of the public, but all signs say we are out of the wood and on the road to recovery. Are you better off now than where only a year ago, you thought you'd be?

Credit has to go to somebody. Why haven't Obama and the Democrats formulated a message around this?

The Bush team.

☭proletarian☭;2066118 said:

You do not support a free market. You'd rather allow the richest few control the market and stifle all competition, everyone else be damned.

No what you support is economic interventionism, which is, of course, not a free market no matter how you try to spin it as such.

Fail.

I support regulation, not intervention.

I've explained this to you in the past. Why do you insist on being so dishonest?

No what you support is economic interventionism, which is, of course, not a free market no matter how you try to spin it as such.

We don't have a free market now, we have fascism....all the money going to the uber wealthy and the heck with the middle-class and working class.

If we had a free market we wouldn't have bailed out the banks. Our government wouldn't have stepped in when the teamsters were striking, etc.

So in a free market the govt should provide no support to business right?
Like protecting foreign interests in corporations?

Like the FDA providing security for depositors so they will deposit?

Or like FHA, the patent office, etc?

Or providine specific incentives for a business to locate somewhere?

Last edited:
☭proletarian☭;2066230 said:
Fail.

I've explained this to you in the past. Why do you insist on being so dishonest?

Government regulation is economic intervention.

I'm not half so dishonest as someone like you claiming to be an adherent of the Austrian school of economics.

We don't have a free market now, we have fascism....all the money going to the uber wealthy and the heck with the middle-class and working class.

If we had a free market we wouldn't have bailed out the banks. Our government wouldn't have stepped in when the teamsters were striking, etc.

I'm aware that we do not have a free market. But that is not the point.

So in a free market the govt should provide no support to business right?
Like protecting foreign interests in corporations?

Like the FDA providing security for depositors so they will deposit?

Or like FHA, the patent office, etc?

Or providine specific incentives for a business to locate somewhere?

In a free market the government's only job is to enforce contracts and prosecute fraud.

☭proletarian☭;2066230 said:
Fail.

Government regulation is economic intervention.

I'm not half so dishonest as someone like you claiming to be an adherent of the Austrian school of economics.

Fail.

Passing laws that require people honour their contracts and requiring transparency of AIG and Enron is not intervening in the market. It is regulating the market to ensure that a free market exists.

There's a huge difference between such regulation (good law) and intervention (bailouts, monetary inflation, artificially imposed interest rates etc)/

If you're unwilling to see this, then you are dishonest; if you are unable, then your are blind.

Forum List

Back