29 BILLION DOLLARS A month ON INTEREST ALONE ON THE NATIONAL DEBT

oreo

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2008
rocky mountains
$1 billion dollars.jpg

1 billion dollars--$100.00 dollar bills stacked on palets.

CURRENTLY our Federal Government is paying 29 of the above chart--or 29 BILLION dollars in INTEREST alone each and every MONTH on the national debt.

This is WITHOUT their required new debt ceiling aka raising their credit card limit so they can borrow and spend more--that they now want--and WITHOUT any consideration that there is another 64 trillion in unfunded liabilites as baby boomers are now entering medicare and social security.--

Un Freakin believeable!

View attachment 14140

CURRENTLY our Federal Government is paying 29 of the above chart--or 29 BILLION dollars in INTEREST alone each and every MONTH on the national debt.

This is WITHOUT their required new debt ceiling aka raising their credit card limit so they can borrow and spend more--that they now want--and WITHOUT any consideration that there is another 64 trillion in unfunded liabilites as baby boomers are now entering medicare and social security.--

Un Freakin believeable!

What too "scary" for liberals to address?

$Hope-and-Nope.jpg

How's that Hope and NOPE working for ya?

View attachment 14140

Un Freakin believeable!

The amount the government is spends on servicing its' debt is ministerial compared to what is spends in deficits. Every month, since the record $250 billion in one month was reached back in March, the US Federal Government has spent over $200 billion more than it takes in revenue.

It is so clear what the problem is. It is why all polls show a majority of Americans against raising the debt ceiling, revenue isn't the problem spending is.

View attachment 14140

Un Freakin believeable!

The amount the government is spends on servicing its' debt is ministerial compared to what is spends in deficits. Every month, since the record $250 billion in one month was reached back in March, the US Federal Government has spent over $200 billion more than it takes in revenue.

It is so clear what the problem is. It is why all polls show a majority of Americans against raising the debt ceiling, revenue isn't the problem spending is.

No One Can BORROW and SPEND their WAY to PROSPERITY.

We--the American Taxpayer ARE paying 29 BILLION DOLLARS a month in INTEREST alone on our current DEBT.

$9-trillion-deficit.jpg

Now 14.3 TRILLION dollars in red ink with another 64 TRILLION in unfunded liabilites.

What he Heck--NO LIBERALS want to talk about 29 BILLION DOLLARS A MONTH going out in INTEREST along on our current debt?

Freakin FIGURES.

Run and HIDE you freakin chicken pieces of crap.

What he Heck--NO LIBERALS want to talk about 29 BILLION DOLLARS A MONTH going out in INTEREST along on our current debt?

Freakin FIGURES.

LMAO! We talked to you about borrow & spend for 8 years and you did nothing to stop it, as long as the spending was for the rich & corporations. So with 8 years of abuse of the citizens, Obama decides to borrow & spend and you want me to care?? NOT!!! :lol:

Freakin FIGURES.

Sounds like we should be taking steps to reduce the deficit. Of course, you oppose that.

29 billion a month on intrest? Thats ALL? Heck, lets spend MORE!!!!!! In fact, lets start taxing the very people and groups that create jobs in this country!!!

Freakin FIGURES.

Sounds like we should be taking steps to reduce the deficit. Of course, you oppose that.

Yep. We should.

When my family had a debt crisis a few years ago a few things came up:

1- We had to start spending less
2- We had to find a way to start making more money

Spending less was an immediate option. Starting immediately, we cut our budget. Easy enough.

So, we figured the only way to start making more money was to work harder or find a new job or ask for a raise. In other words, stuff that we could not immediately alter, but hope to do in the future. Unlike the government, we don't have men with guns that would force others to give us money, so we cut spending, and hoped to make more in the future.

But the Obama gov't, however, knows it can force others to give more of their money to them. So they'll raise taxes if they can. But simply doing what is easy, cutting spending first, is not an option.

The family analogy is stupid one. What's rational at the individual level isn't always rational at the societal level.

Freakin FIGURES.

LMAO! We talked to you about borrow & spend for 8 years and you did nothing to stop it, as long as the spending was for the rich & corporations. So with 8 years of abuse of the citizens, Obama decides to borrow & spend and you want me to care?? NOT!!! :lol:

The only way libtards can understand it is this analogy: Obesity.

See, for a few years we ate lots of pizza and burgers. Yum. Then a few more years of that, while adding cheesecake and fries and beer. People said "You better watch it, you'll get fat". And we saw it, but hey, we were having fun.

Then we got really sick. We kept eating bad, but the sickness and chest pain was hurting.

Finally, we saw a doctor, and the doctors all agreed: You MUST change your eating habits or you'll die. Simple as that. No more pizza. No more cake. It was great for 20 years or so, but if you keep doing it, you'll die. Sorry.

SO there it is. Our nation hit that point. We are obese and sick. And if we keep doing it, the nation dies. Sorry it had to happen right when the liberal dream candidate won office, but facts are facts, we got fat and sick, and if we dont' fix it we'll die. Sorry for Bush, but hey, we were just having fun.

Hopefully President Obama will listen to the doctors and not let the country die. OR...he'll keep letting the country eat pizza and beer and die. Whats it gonna be?

The family analogy is stupid one. What's rational at the individual level isn't always rational at the societal level.

It's not a family or societal one. It's a financial one.

If you are in massive debt, you must first stop spending so much. Thats an immediate option. Bringing in more money is not immediate.

A big business can cut spending immediately, but raising revenue isn't always an immediate option.

You can't name me one single situation where a person, company or government is in a massive debt crisis where cutting spending isn't an immediate option. But ONLY in the gov't is raising revenue just as immediate, because they have men with guns who can force us to give them more money.

I don't like men with guns forcing me to pay more to anyone. So, the gov't should act like the rest of society does, and take the first immediate option: Cut spending.

It's not a family or societal one. It's a financial one.

If you are in massive debt, you must first stop spending so much. Thats an immediate option. Bringing in more money is not immediate.

A big business can cut spending immediately, but raising revenue isn't always an immediate option.

You can't name me one single situation where a person, company or government is in a massive debt crisis where cutting spending isn't an immediate option. But ONLY in the gov't is raising revenue just as immediate, because they have men with guns who can force us to give them more money.

I don't like men with guns forcing me to pay more to anyone. So, the gov't should act like the rest of society does, and take the first immediate option: Cut spending.

Just because it exist as an opinion doesn't mean it's the best option. Also, there is something fundamentally different about government and individuals/firms.

View attachment 14140

Un Freakin believeable!

What too "scary" for liberals to address?

View attachment 14141

How's that Hope and NOPE working for ya?

Liberals didn't cause the problem.

Freakin FIGURES.

Debt occurs when the government fails to tax enough to pay for its spending.

The willingness to spend without paying for it with sufficient taxation is not a uniquely liberal phenomenon.

In fact, it's not even a disproportionately liberal phenomenon.

Is that why Liberals refuse to do anything about it?
Or when gov't spends more than the Treasury takes in.
The willingness to spend without paying for it with sufficient taxation is not a uniquely liberal phenomenon. In fact, it's not even a disproportionately liberal phenomenon.
The buck doesn't stop with Liberals does it? :lol:

Is that why Liberals refuse to do anything about it?
Or when gov't spends more than the Treasury takes in.
The willingness to spend without paying for it with sufficient taxation is not a uniquely liberal phenomenon. In fact, it's not even a disproportionately liberal phenomenon.
The buck doesn't stop with Liberals does it? :lol:

Conservatives love to point out that America is a center/right country and that liberals comprise only about 20% of the population.

I suppose the Right wants to temporarily retract that contention?

Because 20% of the country cannot possibly muster up enough pollitical power to control the taxation/spending agenda in this country for 30 years.:lol:

29 billion a month on intrest? Thats ALL? Heck, lets spend MORE!!!!!! In fact, lets start taxing the very people and groups that create jobs in this country!!!

When are they going to start? Hell they got their extension on the Bush tax cuts(which was their excuse for not creating jobs when THAT debate was going on) Before that, it was some other excuse....

When are you guys going to get it through your thick heads that the reason they aren't creating jobs has nothing to do with Obama? It has to do with the fact that they keep raking in record profits without creating jobs, so why should they hire? Reaganomics has made life so easy for them that they have become spoiled and do not give a shit about this country anymore.

Any... and I mean ANY attempt at taking some of the burden off of the working and middle class has been met with nothing but vitriol from "conservatives". The truth is... they aren't going to hire until they are forced to and I for one am sick of them making the rules that affect everyone in this country. They grow into these huge conglomerates that can destroy any Competition... in fact... they don't want competition. They want monopolies. Teddy Roosevelt would be rolling in his grave if he saw what was going on right now.

Until we make it uncomfortable for them NOT to create jobs, they aren't going to do it. You keep giving them more and more.... they'll just take it and dodge over to something else as an excuse for why they aren't hiring. The simple truth is... they aren't hiring because they don't have to.... they can send their jobs overseas for a fraction of the cost of hiring people here. I know... you think that's OK, and that we should learn to adjust our lifestyles to make $1-5/hour work, right? Fuck it if people starve...as long as the "job creators" are happy.

I just love how we sell our souls to those that would enslave us if they could.... and yes... I'm also talking about the potential for government to do the same thing.... but let's face it... it sure isn't government at the moment that is trying to enslave us... we should always be wary... but blind paranoia towards the government and a Blind eye towards our Corporate and banking structure is just as bad as the opposite.

Our country is turning into something I don't like... and it isn't getting that way via the front door... like most conservatives think(government). It's getting that way via the back door by very wealthy people and their businesses running the country by proxy.

Nevermind... I know I'm talking to a wall with most of you. Thank God I am pushing 50 and won't get to see the long term results that ignorance and fear mongering will make.

Freakin FIGURES.

The willingness to spend without paying for it with sufficient taxation is not a uniquely liberal phenomenon.

In fact, it's not even a disproportionately liberal phenomenon.

:lol:thats a perfect example of why we are were we are.

See, it not executing bills to commit to spending more than we take in ( or can afford to pay down in a timely manner) , but that the need always comes first, and its up to the 'gov'. to find the money there after...wonderful.

and yes it is not a liberal phenomenon I agree. But the pathology is.

Forum List

Back