2016 Republican primary

Caroljo, honest question, and no fight intended: why do you not like Christie, how is he an idiot?

I have heard several other NJers who really don't like him, and they are Republicans, too.

No I just don't feel like arguing with you. Its kind of like arguing with my 1 year old...

Don't ever bring family into an argument, for that opens you up to personal attacks you won't like.

No, you are wrong on this. You simply can't accept it. Typical of a juvenile mind like yours.

I am not wrong nor will I admit I am wrong. But arguing with you is completely pointless....I am starting to think you believe the drivel coming from your mouth.Arguing with you just makes us both look stupid instead of just yourself...:cool:

No I just don't feel like arguing with you. Its kind of like arguing with my 1 year old...

Don't ever bring family into an argument, for that opens you up to personal attacks you won't like.

No, you are wrong on this. You simply can't accept it. Typical of a juvenile mind like yours.

I am not wrong nor will I admit I am wrong. But arguing with you is completely pointless....I am starting to think you believe the drivel coming from your mouth.Arguing with you just makes us both look stupid instead of just yourself...:cool:

You are making an argument by twisting the facts to fit your philosophy. That makes pulling your philosophy apart so easy.

Yeah, you are wrong, and you will do with it today or some day. Flat fact.

Some are anticipating hard times and half of Americans out of work by next year. Don't forget Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker:

The Right to Work Guy

images

Figuring out who the next Republican presidential candidate will be is not that hard

They are very predictable....it will be Chris Christie

I really hope you're wrong....I can't stand Christie! And it has nothing to do with him buddying up with Obama. He's an idiot....

What has he done that makes him an idiot?

Reigning in the teachers unions?
Balancing the budget?
Helping his state recover from a disaster?

You attacked me, AnCapAtheist, without addressing the OP.

Go back to it, and we are fine. Just stop the personal attacks.

The tea party would burn Christie alive and there would be a Romney 2.0

I still have a hope that there's a moderate with enough balls to make it through the primary without catering to these psychos. A moderate Republican - a TRUE Republican, not the fanatics who call themselves Republicans today - would dominate the electoral college. There are millions of people who see the Democrats for what they are (nothing short of a joke on fiscal issues) but are scared away by the homophobic and terribly redneck base of the GOP. They don't represent what our party was founded on, and if they took a hike and we were able to rid the Republican Party of their ignorance, it'd be totally worth a lost election or two and would be very beneficial down the line.

Anymore, the Republicans will nominate a social conservative. It's a growing demographic, although I don't know why.

Social Conservatives are the kiss of death....never get through the primary

The fact that Democrats were able to paint both McCain and Romney as far right conservatives out of touch with America and it worked shows how much the GOP's absurdly delusional base is hurting the ticket.

the tea party would burn christie alive and there would be a romney 2.0

i still have a hope that there's a moderate with enough balls to make it through the primary without catering to these psychos. A moderate republican - a true republican, not the fanatics who call themselves republicans today - would dominate the electoral college. There are millions of people who see the democrats for what they are (nothing short of a joke on fiscal issues) but are scared away by the homophobic and terribly redneck base of the gop. They don't represent what our party was founded on, and if they took a hike and we were able to rid the republican party of their ignorance, it'd be totally worth a lost election or two and would be very beneficial down the line.

^^^^
rino

the tea party would burn christie alive and there would be a romney 2.0

i still have a hope that there's a moderate with enough balls to make it through the primary without catering to these psychos. A moderate republican - a true republican, not the fanatics who call themselves republicans today - would dominate the electoral college. There are millions of people who see the democrats for what they are (nothing short of a joke on fiscal issues) but are scared away by the homophobic and terribly redneck base of the gop. They don't represent what our party was founded on, and if they took a hike and we were able to rid the republican party of their ignorance, it'd be totally worth a lost election or two and would be very beneficial down the line.

^^^^
rino

Do you think Abraham Lincoln would be suppoting the fringe conservatives who have tried to take over the GOP today? I'd say those idiots are the RINOs. Who are they to define what a "real" Republican is, especially when they probably would have been right there with the Democrats being racist red necks during the civil rights era?

Indeed, the RINOs are the reactionaries, the social traditionalists, and neo-cons that dragged on to mainstream Republican coattails. They have pulled down the ticket since 2006 minus the blip of 2010.

Don't want no RINOs messing up CC's run to the WH.

^^^^
rino

Do you think Abraham Lincoln would be suppoting the fringe conservatives who have tried to take over the GOP today? I'd say those idiots are the RINOs. Who are they to define what a "real" Republican is, especially when they probably would have been right there with the Democrats being racist red necks during the civil rights era?

^^^^^^
Clearly, a liberal who hates America.

Questioning adherence to strict ideological dogma is the biggest telltale sign of a RINO.

Real Republicans are Real Americans, for instance

alg-fast-sarah-palin-jpg.jpg

"Clearly, a liberal who hates America." Horse crap. A moderate right of center GOP is what is necessary to lead America.

"Questioning adherence to strict ideological dogma is the biggest telltale sign of a RINO." Those who insist on strict ideology are the RINOs.

There is no question that right of center moderate Republicans are far, far more preferable for America's good than the extremists on the right and left.

In 2012 Barack Obama defeated Mitt Romney by 4.96 million votes, and according to Latino Decisions analysis of the election returns and Latino voting data, Latinos provided Obama with a 5.8 million vote margin. If the Republicans could have won 40% of the Latino vote in 2012 that would have erased 3.6 million net votes – or 72% of the 4.96 million they lost by. Republican don’t need to win the Latino vote outright, they just need to stop losing it so badly. Although Latinos are not the only demographic that Republicans need to improve their showing with, they represent the single largest bloc of voters who are movable. An estimated 11.2 million Latinos cast a ballot in 2012 according to the Census, and more than 12.5 million are likely to cast a vote in 2016, further increasing the share of all voters who are Latino, nationally and in key states.

http://www.latinodecisions.com/blog...an-have-chance-to-win-over-40-of-latino-vote/
2016 Republican primary

Unless the Republicans support some form of the "Immigration Bill," they might as well sit out 2016 because the % of Latino American voters will be substantially greater (1.3 million) than in 2008 and 2012.

Last edited:
In 2012 Barack Obama defeated Mitt Romney by 4.96 million votes, and according to Latino Decisions analysis of the election returns and Latino voting data, Latinos provided Obama with a 5.8 million vote margin. If the Republicans could have won 40% of the Latino vote in 2012 that would have erased 3.6 million net votes – or 72% of the 4.96 million they lost by. Republican don’t need to win the Latino vote outright, they just need to stop losing it so badly. Although Latinos are not the only demographic that Republicans need to improve their showing with, they represent the single largest bloc of voters who are movable. An estimated 11.2 million Latinos cast a ballot in 2012 according to the Census, and more than 12.5 million are likely to cast a vote in 2016, further increasing the share of all voters who are Latino, nationally and in key states.

2016 forecast: Rubio, Bush, Ryan have chance to win over 40% of Latino vote | Latino Decisions
2016 Republican primary

Unless the Republicans support some form of the "Immigration Bill," they might as well sit out 2016 because the % of Latino American voters will be substantially greater (1.3 million) than in 2008 and 2012.

The Hispanic culture is also one that leads itself to group participation. I know one woman who rarely goes anywhere without her sister. She's in her 40's. I think the GOP has a real problem on their hands regardless of this bill since it has very little to do with actually stopping illegal immigration.

BUILD THE FENCE NOW!!!

I agree the fence needs to be built immediately as immigration reform is introduced and economic sanctions are applied.

I agree the fence needs to be built immediately as immigration reform is introduced and economic sanctions are applied.

Not sure about the reasoning on your part.

My reasoning goes simply like this; just because nobody has smuggled a "pocket nuke" across the border (that we know of) (either border by the way) doesn't mean it won't happen tomorrow. The fence will, at least, provide a substantial physical barrier if we build it right.

Is it 100% assured that it will stop illegal immigration? No. There is no silver bullet but to invite such an attack on our home turf is crazy.

My reasoning is that the fence needs to be built now, but if we wait for the reactionaries on my side to honor an agreement for later doing immigration reform and economic sanctions while doing the fence, they will renege.

All of it now.

Forum List

Back