2016 Gardens

Dekster

Platinum Member
Dec 11, 2014
Planting my potatoes this week. Good Friday for Good Luck to be exact. Anybody else have their gardens going yet?

I started my potatoes a couple days ago. Other than that I've been making improvements on the walls around the compost piles, hopefully it won't dry out as fast. Today I plan to sow lettuce seeds!

Planting my potatoes this week. Good Friday for Good Luck to be exact. Anybody else have their gardens going yet?
Done did da taters last week.....broccoli and spinach and lettuce(leaf)and sweet peas...............froze last three days so it was fun covering der plants, ja....

I started my potatoes a couple days ago. Other than that I've been making improvements on the walls around the compost piles, hopefully it won't dry out as fast. Today I plan to sow lettuce seeds!
Cover compost with old roofing material, or carpet or dark plastic..

Nothing close to frost temps in the 15 day forecast. I may go ahead and start planting later this week. Roll the dice on that groundhog.

They've been weeded, edged, composted, turned over and are ready to plant. Seedlings coming along in their indoor pots and will go in next week, as will the bulbs.

Roses are out of their coverings, pruned, fed and trellised.

Ok. My son has two tomatoes on his lil' old tomato plant. I re-potted a couple of Asiatic lilies, lavender, and blue columbine. I picked up two trailing lobelia today.

Planted some tomatoes this weekend and decided, "Hey I can leave them a few days before caging them. Yep., Deer ate 1/3 of them. Bastards.

Potatoes are starting to bust through the ground.

Planted some more tomatoes today; and few non edibles that I am hoping will aid in attracting bug eating bugs. Just waiting for another week to start planting seed.

Planted a fair amount this week. About half of my spring planting. Rain came and cut me short. 4 varieties of peppers, sweet potatoes, green beans, carrots, lettuces, carrots, leeks, dill. Propagated some mint. Set out the ornamental plants I grew from cuttings. Seeded some flower beds. Planted a Japanese maple and cell pack annuals. Put down about 40 bags of mulch. Sprayed lots and lots of liquid fence. If you are unfamiliar with it, it smells like someone took a leak in a bucket of vomit, but is supposed to work well on the deer.

Looks like my potatoes are fixing to bloom any day now. Seems way early for that. I know some people say you are not supposed to let them bloom, but I see no reason not to really.

My corn garden on the 4th of July. Enjoy your independence and cherish it

img_20160704_165433811.jpg

I have committed plant genocide. Half of mine are dead.

My garden is supporting what I count is a family of 6.

6 big fat groundhogs which will soon will be dying of lead poisoning. Or would have years ago, but I have mellowed and can't seem to get the urge up to kill them.

My garden is supporting what I count is a family of 6.

6 big fat groundhogs which will soon will be dying of lead poisoning. Or would have years ago, but I have mellowed and can't seem to get the urge up to kill them.

Yeah I have trouble doing that even though my first instinct is to grab a gun when I see deer in the garden.

Forum List

Back