2015, the beginning of ice free arctic?

The surface temperature records were collected with a variety of different instruments, at differently sited locations in the city or the country, at different altitudes, and with changing technology over the years. The fact that scientists have gone back and analyzed a lot of the old data and made some corrections to compensate for all of those differences in order to produce a more globally comparable data set is neither surprising nor evidence of some dastardly conspiracy by all of those thousands of scientists to distort the record for nefarious purposes. It is only conspiracy theory nutjobs like you who fall for that nonsense.

You are so predictable. That is because you aren't very bright and as such, have a very limited number of reactions to any given situation. It this one, your only option is to spew without any real thought since thinking obviously isn't one of your best things.

Describe for me a reasonable and scientifically sound reason for altering any temperature record prior to 1960.....or 1970 for that matter. I am really interested to hear the reasoning you accept for changes to records from the 1930's and 1920's, and 1910's, and even back into the 1800's. What is the basis for the changes...What new information prompted the change? What specific information would require altering the record as far back as the 1800's? Is the change based on observation or the output of questionable computer models?

It’s official: 2012 was the hottest year on record in the continental U.S. — and it wasn’t even close.

Based on which altered record rocks? Based on what modification to the present data? CRN, the high dollar, state of the art, meticiulously placed temperature gathering network that requires no modification to its record doesn't say 2012 was the warmest year. You don't hear much about CRN these days. It was put in place to prove global warming to skeptics beyond a doubt. What it proves is that the skeptics have a valid argument and that the data tampering we accuse climate science of is quite real.

Last edited:

Too bad you're soooooo retarded and desperate that you have to keep repeating your long since debunked denier cult myths like that. The Met Office repudiated that lying article by the denier cult reporter David Rose in the Daily Mail.

Met Office Refutes Rose

Thats right......the deniers are the retards!!!!!:rock::rock::rock:

Green fatigue sets in: the world cools on global warming
Worldwide concerns about climate change have dropped dramatically since 2009

Sam Masters Thursday 28 February 2013

Public concern about environmental issues including climate change has slumped to a 20-year low since the financial crisis, a global study reveals.

Fewer people now consider issues such as CO2 emissions, air and water pollution, animal species loss, and water shortages to be “very serious” than at any time in the last two decades, according to the poll of 22,812 people in 22 countries including Britain and the US.

Despite years of studies showing the impact of global warming on the planet, only 49 per cent

Green fatigue sets in: the world cools on global warming - Climate Change - Environment - The Independent

LOL......fringe mofu's FTMFL!!!!:2up:

I love the fact that the earth is getter warmer. What's there not to like? :dunno:

Meanwhile, back to the thread topic....

Figure3.png

Monthly November ice extent for 1979 to 2013 shows a decline of -3.2% per decade.
Credit: National Snow and Ice Data Center

The average sea ice extent for January 2013 was 13.78 million square kilometers (5.32 million square miles). This is 1.06 million square kilometers (409,000 square miles) below the 1979 to 2000 average for the month, and is the sixth-lowest January extent in the satellite record. The last ten years (2004 to 2013) have seen the ten lowest January extents in the satellite record.

As has been the case throughout this winter, ice extent in the Atlantic sector of the Arctic Ocean remained far below average.

(NSIDC)

I love the fact that the earth is getter warmer. What's there not to like?

I suppose it might look that way if you're an ignorant retard who hasn't even looked at the scientific warnings about the consequences of AGW.

Top 10 Worst Effects of Global Warming

10. Rising sea levels. I live in the mountains, so I don't care.
9. Shrinking glaciers. Don't care.
8. Heat waves. See 10.
7. Storms and floods. See 10.
6. Drought. I have a natural spring on my land. So don't care.
5. Disease. Not around here.
4. Economic consequences. I already have too much money.
3. Conflicts and war. Not here. Don't care about foreign wars.
2. Loss of biodiversity. Don't need global warming for that, it's been happening for millenia.
1. Destruction of ecosystems. Again, that happens all the time and throughout history. Some ecosystems will die, some will grow. It's just a fact of life. Some stars die, and some are born...

Got anything else I should care about? :D

[

I suppose it might look that way if you're an ignorant retard who hasn't even looked at the scientific warnings about the consequences of AGW.

Discovery.com? Really? Not a very well thought out list of possible terrors...and nothing there that seems particularly scary if one looks at climate in the context of history.

10. Rising sea level - research has shown that sea level was at least 8 meters higher during the last interglacial period. What exactly makes you think it should be any lower during this one?

9. Shrinking Glaciers - so what? You don't think that glaciers shrunk during past warm periods? Do you just like looking at the pretty blue ice? Glaciers come and go. Nothing to be afraid of there.

8. Heat Waves - There have never been heat waves before? Back when atmospheric CO2 was "safe" there were heat waves. What's your point?

7. Storms and floods - again, what's your point. There have always been storms and floods and a look at the records shows us that storms and floods happen more often during cooler periods, not warmer.

6. Drought - That one makes no sense at all. It flies in the face of what your warmist priests predict. They say that warming will result in more water vapor in the atmosphere....more water vapor in the atmosphere is not compatible with drought. Drought is the result of less water vapor in the atmosphere.

5. Disease - more people die of disease during cold periods than during warm ones.

4. Economic Consequences - history has shown us that human kind flourishes during warm periods.

3. Conflicts and War - again, cold is more likely to bring about war than warm.

2. Loss of biodiversity - bullshit. Warm causes life to flourish everywhere. It is cold that is the threat to life.

1. Destruction of Ecosystems - Not a shred of evidence exists for that claim. Again, warm is good for life...cold is the destroyer of ecosystems.

I love the fact that the earth is getter warmer. What's there not to like?

8. Heat waves. See 10.
2. Loss of biodiversity. Don't need global warming for that, it's been happening for millenia.
1. Destruction of ecosystems. Again, that happens all the time and throughout history. Some ecosystems will die, some will grow. It's just a fact of life. Some stars die, and some are born...

Got anything else I should care about?

You should definitely worry about the fact that you're an ignorant clueless retard.

Also the fact that you don't care at all about anybody of anything else in the world but yourself indicates that you're a worthless piece of shit, lacking not just intelligence but also heart, compassion and empathy.

Last edited:
SSDD -

Again, look at the graphs and try and post a little sensibly.

The charts show not one - not two - but SIX entirely independent sources of data. All confirm warming temperatures.

Running away from posts like this does not make you look cool.

there are data from temperature stations, and there are organizations that collect collate adjust and homogenize that data. just because the various organizations have their own methods of massaging the data to give 'a global temp' doesnt mean they are entirely independent sources of data.

what are some of the problems with producing 'global temp'? the world is unevenly measured with wildly different quality. eg the US has thousands of good records that are complete and go back over a hundred years. unfortunately these good records that show a very small temp increase (at least until strange things started to happen in 2000) are dwarfed by the shoddy, incomplete and short temp records in Africa. Africa is 4 times as large as the contUS and has 4 times the grid cells. the large uncertainty bars in Africa dont matter!

how about oceans? sparse measurements and questionable adjustments for measurement type made pre-ARGO data somewhat suspect, at least for uncertainty. yet they often report it in hundredths of a degree! ARGO measurements are much better and more comprehensive but even they are not worthy of claiming 0.01C accuracy.

it goes on and on.....given free choice of many stations in a grid, everytime a change in methodology happens the trend goes up! coincidence or cherry picking? the change in adjustments since the new millenium amounts to over 20% of the total increase! ( I am speaking of the US here because old data is hard to find for the rest of the world)

New Zealand and Austrailia are interesting to investigate because they are western countries with good, long standing records but dont have an overwhelming number of stations. the controversies in the last 5 years are numerous and enlightening for exposing the weaknesses in the temperature collection business.

the BBC produced a show called 'Africa' where David Attenborough claimed "that part of the continent has warmed by 3.5C over the past 20 years". it is this sort of nonsense that drives people crazy and loses respect for climate science (at least to people who think).

I wont go over the whole story but I would like to point out a graph of the area in Africa that was being discussed.

kenyabbcc.jpg

it is obvious that the land-based measurements are at odds with the satellite measurements. it is also obvious that the land-based measurements are incomplete. this is rather typical of the african records between north african countries and south Africa. it all goes into the 'global temp', with a larger influence than the better measured but smaller sized American temps.

10. Rising sea level - research has shown that sea level was at least 8 meters higher during the last interglacial period. What exactly makes you think it should be any lower during this one?

It's hard to imagine she sheer, utter infantile stupidity of this statement.

Sea levels may "only" rise eight metres, we are told, enough to swamp much of New York, Chicago, Miami, New Orleans and San Francisco in all likeliheood.

So what? Says SSDD - they were higher in the last ice age. Relax.

6. Drought - That one makes no sense at all. It flies in the face of what your warmist priests predict. They say that warming will result in more water vapor in the atmosphere....more water vapor in the atmosphere is not compatible with drought. Drought is the result of less water vapor in the atmosphere.

And then you go on to prove that you have not listened to A THING scientists have been predicting.

Really - after all this time and all these threads and you STILL don't understand the basic concept of climate change?

Drought is VERY much a factor. For Spain, Australia and parts of Africa and South America, drought may be the single largest factor people experience in their day-to-day lives.

SSDD -

Again, look at the graphs and try and post a little sensibly.

The charts show not one - not two - but SIX entirely independent sources of data. All confirm warming temperatures.

Running away from posts like this does not make you look cool.

there are data from temperature stations, and there are organizations that collect collate adjust and homogenize that data. just because the various organizations have their own methods of massaging the data to give 'a global temp' doesnt mean they are entirely independent sources of data.

what are some of the problems with producing 'global temp'? the world is unevenly measured with wildly different quality. eg the US has thousands of good records that are complete and go back over a hundred years. unfortunately these good records that show a very small temp increase (at least until strange things started to happen in 2000) are dwarfed by the shoddy, incomplete and short temp records in Africa. Africa is 4 times as large as the contUS and has 4 times the grid cells. the large uncertainty bars in Africa dont matter!

how about oceans? sparse measurements and questionable adjustments for measurement type made pre-ARGO data somewhat suspect, at least for uncertainty. yet they often report it in hundredths of a degree! ARGO measurements are much better and more comprehensive but even they are not worthy of claiming 0.01C accuracy.

it goes on and on.....given free choice of many stations in a grid, everytime a change in methodology happens the trend goes up! coincidence or cherry picking? the change in adjustments since the new millenium amounts to over 20% of the total increase! ( I am speaking of the US here because old data is hard to find for the rest of the world)

New Zealand and Austrailia are interesting to investigate because they are western countries with good, long standing records but dont have an overwhelming number of stations. the controversies in the last 5 years are numerous and enlightening for exposing the weaknesses in the temperature collection business.

the BBC produced a show called 'Africa' where David Attenborough claimed "that part of the continent has warmed by 3.5C over the past 20 years". it is this sort of nonsense that drives people crazy and loses respect for climate science (at least to people who think).

I wont go over the whole story but I would like to point out a graph of the area in Africa that was being discussed.

kenyabbcc.jpg

it is obvious that the land-based measurements are at odds with the satellite measurements. it is also obvious that the land-based measurements are incomplete. this is rather typical of the african records between north african countries and south Africa. it all goes into the 'global temp', with a larger influence than the better measured but smaller sized American temps.

More of your confused drivel. Just to take one example, you say....
"the BBC produced a show called 'Africa' where David Attenborough claimed "that part of the continent has warmed by 3.5C over the past 20 years". it is this sort of nonsense that drives people crazy and loses respect for climate science (at least to people who think).
www.warwickhughes.com/agri/kenyabbcc.jpg
"
....but when Attenborough says "that part of the continent", he is not referring to just little Kenya and your graph is (supposedly) a graph of the temperatures in just Kenya. The continent of Africa spans 11.7 million square miles and Kenya covers only about 224 thousand square miles. I said 'supposedly' there because the chart is of questionable accuracy since it comes from the website of a notorious AGW denier who claims to be a scientists but, curiously, has never published anything in a peer-reviewed science journal, but he is associated with several fossil fuel industry sponsored organizations. Even if the chart turned out to be completely accurate, it would mean very little in that context since the area of coverage is so small compared to the whole eastern "part of the continent" that Attenborough was referring to. You are trying to be deliberately deceptive.

kenya-africa-map.jpg

Last edited:

This is an odd claim. NIWA have done examplary work over many years, and I wouldn't have thought they lacked for data. Much of the work is peer-reviewed, and they seem to be very transparent.

I guess you are referring to some denier who sued them for some reason - and lost.

nztemp7_anom_annual_100ytrendline_1.jpg

Review | NIWA

I'd be interested to hear why you think NZ data is not reliable, given the two major recent 'seven station' and 'eleven station' studies.

It's interesting to see that this is yet ANOTHER independent source of excellent, peer-reviewed science that is being attacked purely and simply because they confirm what everyone already knows - temperatures are rising in New Zealand, and climate change is evident in the New Zealand environment. Glaciers suh as Fox and Franz Joseph are melting, there are more floods occuring, and stonger storm cycles - such as the two tornados to hit Albany recently (the only two recorded torandos in NZ history, I believe.)

Last edited:

8. Heat waves. See 10.

You should definitely worry about the fact that you're an ignorant clueless retard.

Also the fact that you don't care at all about anybody of anything else in the world but yourself indicates that you're a worthless piece of shit, lacking not just intelligence but also heart, compassion and empathy.

People are their own worst enemies. Maybe if humans weren't so busy overpopulating the planet and destroying the ecosystems, this wouldn't be happening. You're here arguing over which scientist is less full of shit them the others. Aside from that, which is pitifully pointless with regards to what's happening, you're doing what exactly to help out mankind? I'm a vegetarian, meaning I have respect for the environment and other sentient being. What about you?

8. Heat waves. See 10.

People are their own worst enemies. Maybe if humans weren't so busy overpopulating the planet and destroying the ecosystems, this wouldn't be happening. You're here arguing over which scientist is less full of shit them the others.
Another sign of just how clueless and retarded you are is that you imagine that that is what I'm "here arguing about". The climate scientists who are warning mankind about the dangers and consequences of anthropogenic global warming and its associated climate changes are not "full of shit", you anti-science denier cult fool.

Aside from that, which is pitifully pointless with regards to what's happening, you're doing what exactly to help out mankind? I'm a vegetarian, meaning I have respect for the environment and other sentient being. What about you?
You are a liar. You say here that you "have respect for the environment and other sentient beings" but you just got through saying repeatedly that you "don't care" about the environment or all of the people and animals on Earth.
Climate scientists predict that rising sea levels caused by AGW threaten the well being and safety of the literally billions of humans beings who live near the coastlines and also threaten to destroy the trillions of dollars in human investment in all of coastal cities and other coastal infrastructure, and you say you don't care.
Climate scientists predict that shrinking mountain glaciers all around the world threaten the summer water supplies for drinking, washing, agriculture, etc., for hundreds of millions of people and you say you don't care.
Climate scientists say that increasingly severe and numerous heat waves have already killed tens, or perhaps hundreds, of thousands of people and will kill many more in the future, and caused wildfires and billions of dollars in damages and crop losses, and you say you don't care.
Climate scientists predict that extreme storms and floods will cause increasing amounts of damage and loss of life and you say you don't care.
Climate scientists predict an increase in regional droughts, like in the American southwest, ruining crop lands and forcing people to become refugees and you say that you have a spring so you don't care about everybody else on the planet.
Climate scientists predict an increase in tropical diseases as the zones where they can spread pushes farther away from the equator due to AGW and you don't care because you foolishly imagine that it can't affect you.
You don't care about the economic consequences of warming and climate changes on everybody else on Earth because you say you already have enough money. You poor delusional retard.
Pentagon studies warn us that AGW will probably eventually cause wars over water and other resources and you just don't care.
You claim you have "respect for the environment" but you aren't concerned about the "loss of biodiversity" and the "destruction of ecosystems" that climate scientists predict will result from AGW. You are a liar and a fool.

People are their own worst enemies. Maybe if humans weren't so busy overpopulating the planet and destroying the ecosystems, this wouldn't be happening. You're here arguing over which scientist is less full of shit them the others.
Another sign of just how clueless and retarded you are is that you imagine that that is what I'm "here arguing about". The climate scientists who are warning mankind about the dangers and consequences of anthropogenic global warming and its associated climate changes are not "full of shit", you anti-science denier cult fool.

Aside from that, which is pitifully pointless with regards to what's happening, you're doing what exactly to help out mankind? I'm a vegetarian, meaning I have respect for the environment and other sentient being. What about you?
You are a liar. You say here that you "have respect for the environment and other sentient beings" but you just got through saying repeatedly that you "don't care" about the environment or all of the people and animals on Earth.
Climate scientists predict that rising sea levels caused by AGW threaten the well being and safety of the literally billions of humans beings who live near the coastlines and also threaten to destroy the trillions of dollars in human investment in all of coastal cities and other coastal infrastructure, and you say you don't care.
Climate scientists predict that shrinking mountain glaciers all around the world threaten the summer water supplies for drinking, washing, agriculture, etc., for hundreds of millions of people and you say you don't care.
Climate scientists say that increasingly severe and numerous heat waves have already killed tens, or perhaps hundreds, of thousands of people and will kill many more in the future, and caused wildfires and billions of dollars in damages and crop losses, and you say you don't care.
Climate scientists predict that extreme storms and floods will cause increasing amounts of damage and loss of life and you say you don't care.
Climate scientists predict an increase in regional droughts, like in the American southwest, ruining crop lands and forcing people to become refugees and you say that you have a spring so you don't care about everybody else on the planet.
Climate scientists predict an increase in tropical diseases as the zones where they can spread pushes farther away from the equator due to AGW and you don't care because you foolishly imagine that it can't affect you.
You don't care about the economic consequences of warming and climate changes on everybody else on Earth because you say you already have enough money. You poor delusional retard.
Pentagon studies warn us that AGW will probably eventually cause wars over water and other resources and you just don't care.
You claim you have "respect for the environment" but you aren't concerned about the "loss of biodiversity" and the "destruction of ecosystems" that climate scientists predict will result from AGW. You are a liar and a fool.

nobody cares s0n........two decades from now, this guy will still be screaming at members in some forum in the internet nethersphere and what will have changed?

DICK

Renewables will still be less than 10% of our energy sources.

Last edited:

nobody cares s0n........two decades from now, this guy will still be screaming at members in some forum in the internet nethersphere and what will have changed?
DICK
Renewables will still be less than 10% of our energy sources.

We can always count on the kookster for meaningless drivel.....as he rattles around in the vacuum of his own skull.....

This is an odd claim. NIWA have done examplary work over many years, and I wouldn't have thought they lacked for data. Much of the work is peer-reviewed, and they seem to be very transparent.

I guess you are referring to some denier who sued them for some reason - and lost.

nztemp7_anom_annual_100ytrendline_1.jpg

Review | NIWA

I'd be interested to hear why you think NZ data is not reliable, given the two major recent 'seven station' and 'eleven station' studies.

It's interesting to see that this is yet ANOTHER independent source of excellent, peer-reviewed science that is being attacked purely and simply because they confirm what everyone already knows - temperatures are rising in New Zealand, and climate change is evident in the New Zealand environment. Glaciers suh as Fox and Franz Joseph are melting, there are more floods occuring, and stonger storm cycles - such as the two tornados to hit Albany recently (the only two recorded torandos in NZ history, I believe.)

hahahaha, your post reminds me of Old Rocks who insisted that climategate didnt matter because 3 (or 5) panels found those being investigated to be 'unguilty'. or that Mann's hockey stick graph could still be a realistic view of the last 1000 years even though the data and methodology had been shown to be seriously flawed.

I am interested to know if you actually have followed any of the New Zealand background story. Salinger and his adjustments that got 'lost'. (he was a student of Phil Jones so I guess that isnt too surprising). the NIWA simply quit, gave up, rather than explain themselves to the NZ govt.

since then the Aussies gave begrudging support for the method but not the numbers behind the new seven-station-temp-series. when independent replication found that the numbers did not match the supposed methodology, court action dismissed statisticians' testimony because they were not 'climatology experts'. the NIWA (now a private company not a govt agency) was declared able to use any method they chose because the courts were not in the business of deciding which type of science was 'correct'.

Forum List

Back