2015 DODGE HELLCAT ANNIHILATES 2015 c7 z06 CHEVROLET CORVETTE

doesnt seem very official.......

It's not, but they do have a youtube of a Hellcat with just drag radials, running through it's stock exhaust cutting a 10.85 at 127 MPH quarter... for a 4400 lb. car, that is beyond impressive.... The dyno graphs show over 625 HP to the rear wheels, and the computer cut the motor off at 6200 RPM...STILL PULLING... It has the internals for a 7500 RPM motor, forged everything, and I wouldn't be surprise to see someone with knowledge of how to shut off that 6200 RPM limiter having the motor make over 700HP to the wheels!

Drag racing in Top Fuel, yeah, there's a ton of skill needed. Street racing not so much. Just to do a little numbers comparison, the Hellcat can do 0 to 100 mph in 7.2 seconds. My 50 year old GT40 with a 289 cu. in. engine can do it in 10.2 seconds. Granted my GT weighs half as much, but I'm also giving up nearly 400 horse. The difference comes at the top end where I will top out at around 210-213 mph, depending on fuel. While the Hellcat tops out at 204.

So I still beat ya:banana:

Bring back the Prowler , stuff the S/C 6.2 in it and watch your GT40 cry.

Be that as it may, which car would you rather drive coast to coast, your GT40 or a Hellcat, virtually NO ONE - including yourself - would honestly answer GT40.

And I am a lover of vintage American muscle.

Actually I would prefer the GT over the Hellcat. It is a very comfortable seat, though the ride can be a bit on the "hard" side:laugh: I have done a couple of long drives in it. My longest single stretch was 1880 miles which I did in 20 hours including fuel stops but not the night spent in Gallup.

Put simply , I think you are merely defending your vehicle here. I have a 1965 Shelby GT350 , awesome car. I also have a 2014 Focus ST. For a daily driver I'd take the Focus every day.

doesnt seem very official.......

It's not, but they do have a youtube of a Hellcat with just drag radials, running through it's stock exhaust cutting a 10.85 at 127 MPH quarter... for a 4400 lb. car, that is beyond impressive.... The dyno graphs show over 625 HP to the rear wheels, and the computer cut the motor off at 6200 RPM...STILL PULLING... It has the internals for a 7500 RPM motor, forged everything, and I wouldn't be surprise to see someone with knowledge of how to shut off that 6200 RPM limiter having the motor make over 700HP to the wheels!

Drag racing in Top Fuel, yeah, there's a ton of skill needed. Street racing not so much. Just to do a little numbers comparison, the Hellcat can do 0 to 100 mph in 7.2 seconds. My 50 year old GT40 with a 289 cu. in. engine can do it in 10.2 seconds. Granted my GT weighs half as much, but I'm also giving up nearly 400 horse. The difference comes at the top end where I will top out at around 210-213 mph, depending on fuel. While the Hellcat tops out at 204.

So I still beat ya:banana:

Bring back the Prowler , stuff the S/C 6.2 in it and watch your GT40 cry.

Be that as it may, which car would you rather drive coast to coast, your GT40 or a Hellcat, virtually NO ONE - including yourself - would honestly answer GT40.

And I am a lover of vintage American muscle.

Actually I would prefer the GT over the Hellcat. It is a very comfortable seat, though the ride can be a bit on the "hard" side:laugh: I have done a couple of long drives in it. My longest single stretch was 1880 miles which I did in 20 hours including fuel stops but not the night spent in Gallup.

Put simply , I think you are merely defending your vehicle here. I have a 1965 Shelby GT350 , awesome car. I also have a 2014 Focus ST. For a daily driver I'd take the Focus every day.

No, when I drive, I like to DRIVE! The Hellcat is a nice cruiser, there's no doubt about that. But cruising doesn't interest me. I did mount a radio in it so I have music on the night time drives, but during the day it's me and the road, no radio at all. Also, mine is the original small block 289, so I don't have that constant rumble of the 427.

Big deal. Drag races are boring. See how that Hellcat fares on a nice twisty mountain road!

You have those roads in Nevada... In NYC it's a straight or go home!

And I like 135MPH traps in 10 seconds! :biggrin:

That's.....why I don't live in New York! I like high G turns!

It sorta pains me to say this but Westwall's absolutely spot-on right. Any wanker can accelerate.
That's the best thing about living in the Blue Ridge -- the roads. Straight lines are few and far between. But the switchbacks are like 170 degrees.

Someone who CLEARLY has absolutely no inkling of what it takes to drag race a truly FAST car. I truly think that you might shit your pants if you drove my Caddy...or especially, if you drove my wife's car.

I think I'd rather drink my own puke than drive any Cadillac. :puke:

To me that's the automotive equivalent of Mantovani.

You have those roads in Nevada... In NYC it's a straight or go home!

It sorta pains me to say this but Westwall's absolutely spot-on right. Any wanker can accelerate.
That's the best thing about living in the Blue Ridge -- the roads. Straight lines are few and far between. But the switchbacks are like 170 degrees.

Someone who CLEARLY has absolutely no inkling of what it takes to drag race a truly FAST car. I truly think that you might shit your pants if you drove my Caddy...or especially, if you drove my wife's car.

So, we can add cars to the list of things you know nothing about then? My brother has a 2013 CTS V Series. It's essentially a 4 door Corvette.

So, we can add cars to the list of things you know nothing about then? My brother has a 2013 CTS V Series. It's essentially a 4 door Corvette.

:lol:

:dig:

yeah, cuz I'm the one saying all Caddy's are junk :shakeshead:

Well...you not being all that bright is not exactly NEWS. Mine runs mid-12's at ~115MPH...drag radials, through full exhaust (mufflers, resonators, and catalytic converters), race weight of ~4600lbs.

There's a dude named Jeff Schwartz in Illinois...fifteen years ago, he liked autocrossing and open-tracking his car. That car is this 1982 Cadillac Fleetwood.

Yes, that's a roadcourse, and no, that dude in the Mustang CANNOT catch him:
7774800346_ab48e0a918_z.jpg

And yes, that's a SOLO course.
7774800136_aa395aba9c_z.jpg

Mine doesn't handle quite as well, mostly because I have more weight (his is lightened with aftermarket seats bumpers, and removed the A/C and heater box, I have a full factory interior and factory HVAC) and, for the moment, I still have 15" wheels/tires. (Due to the fact nobody makes performance tires in the size I run anymore, mine will get 17's come spring.)

No, because you compared it to a Corvette.

Well...you not being all that bright is not exactly NEWS. Mine runs mid-12's at ~115MPH...drag radials, through full exhaust (mufflers, resonators, and catalytic converters), race weight of ~4600lbs.

There's a dude named Jeff Schwartz in Illinois...fifteen years ago, he liked autocrossing and open-tracking his car. That car is this 1982 Cadillac Fleetwood.

Yes, that's a roadcourse, and no, that dude in the Mustang CANNOT catch him:
7774800346_ab48e0a918_z.jpg

And yes, that's a SOLO course.
7774800136_aa395aba9c_z.jpg

Mine doesn't handle quite as well, mostly because I have more weight (his is lightened with aftermarket seats bumpers, and removed the A/C and heater box, I have a full factory interior and factory HVAC) and, for the moment, I still have 15" wheels/tires. (Due to the fact nobody makes performance tires in the size I run anymore, mine will get 17's come spring.)

Ah that takes me back. I had a waterbed once too. :eusa_hand:

4600 lbs -- that's two cars. :rofl:

No...it's one car that does it all. Mid-12's in the 1/4 mile, decent handling that will improve drastically with some 17" tires, the brakes (big 12" rotors) stop on a dime, comfortable on a long drive, happy to cruise all day at 75-80MPH, and will be 75 degrees inside in 105-degree heat.

Reliable, too...I have put ~150,000 miles on it since its rebuild (happened around 170K, when the original engine failed), and other than normal PM and repairing the result of being punted into a guardrail in heavy rain, nothing. (Actually still running the ORIGINAL, un-rebuilt A/C compressor.)

2015 DODGE HELLCAT ANNIHILATES 2015 c7 z06 CHEVROLET CORVETTE Page 3 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

No, because you compared it to a Corvette.

Pogo, i would tell you to stick with politics, but you're stupid in that area too.

the 2013 CTS V series has the SAME supercharged 6.2 as the Vette. 556 HP, over 500 ft lbs of torque. The same 6 speed Tremac as the Corvette, the same suspension, the same brakes.

0-60 in 4.5 seconds quarter mile in high 12s. Top Speed 180 MPH.

All in a gorgeous , and practical 4 door sedan.

And by the way, the newer ATS is just as capable of a vehicle, in fact it recently beat out both the C series Mercedes and the benchmark 3 series BMW in a Motor Trend heads up competition.

Anyway, back to the CTS V, it has long been known as a 4 door Corvette. that is hardly something I made up.

OMG y'all just dig deeper and deeper and deeper. You're making my point for me.
Thanks for that. Whatever I'm paying you, double it.

No, they are demonstrating that you really don't know what you're talking about. For the longest time the US has lagged behind the Europeans in the manufacture of high quality sedans. The Cadillac is actually getting close to the BMW's and Audis in terms of fit and finish, while working on the performance side of the equation. The Corvette is performance wise the superior of most of the high end sports cars out there. It is the equal of some of the super cars out there as well, for half the price or even less. The problem with the 'vette has always been in the quality of it's construction.

I love a good car in a tight corner. The 'vette and Caddy are more than capable of keeping up with anything the Europeans are producing with the exception of the absolute best of the super cars, and even there, the 'vette is getting closer.

No, they are demonstrating that you really don't know what you're talking about. For the longest time the US has lagged behind the Europeans in the manufacture of high quality sedans. The Cadillac is actually getting close to the BMW's and Audis in terms of fit and finish, while working on the performance side of the equation. The Corvette is performance wise the superior of most of the high end sports cars out there. It is the equal of some of the super cars out there as well, for half the price or even less. The problem with the 'vette has always been in the quality of it's construction.

I love a good car in a tight corner. The 'vette and Caddy are more than capable of keeping up with anything the Europeans are producing with the exception of the absolute best of the super cars, and even there, the 'vette is getting closer.

Absolutely true, The Vette has traditionally been a POS in terms of quality, but the C6 and now the C7 have moved it much closer to true supercar status.

And Cadillac is moving back to the world standard that it once was.

I don't know what my own opinion is?? That's quite the feat.

Here's a hint -- my reference to "waterbed" was a metaphor. It has nothing to do with actual beds. Your driving philosophy is like mine. I lament the fact that my MINI is so heavy but I do like how I have to keep getting out of the car to see if it's riding on rails, because that's how she handles. I'll defy anyone here to keep up with me down highway 80. I'll be waiting at the far end if you haven't wrapped around a tree along the way. I'm more likely to throw myself out the window from sheer centrifugal force than lose traction on the switchback.

That said, I did manage to 180 her once. In order to do that my ramp came up suddenly (I was doing 40 and thought it was a half mile ahead), plus it was a wet road, plus I was carrying a piano. But then ya gotta know where the envelope is if you're going to push it.

Last edited:

Here's a hint -- my reference to "waterbed" was a metaphor. It has nothing to do with actual beds. Your driving philosophy is like mine. I lament the fact that my MINI is so heavy but I do like how I have to keep getting out of the car to see if it's riding on rails, because that's how she handles. I'll defy anyone here to keep up with me down highway 80. I'll be waiting at the far end if you haven't wrapped around a tree along the way. I'm more likely to throw myself out the window from sheer centrifugal force than lose traction on the switchback.

That said, I did manage to 180 her once. In order to do that my ramp came up suddenly (I was doing 40 and thought it was a half mile ahead), plus it was a wet road, plus I was carrying a piano. But then ya gotta know where the envelope is if you're going to push it.

id race you in my Focus ST

As for your opinion, Of course you know you're own opinion , but in this matter - as in most - you are wrong.

As for your opinion, Of course you know you're own opinion , but in this matter - as in most - you are wrong.

Drive whatever you like but the point is this: it wouldn't be a "race". It'd be more like a rallye.
Speed is not all there is.

Drive whatever you like but the point is this: it wouldn't be a "race". It'd be more like a rallye.
Speed is not all there is.

You have to be a typical liberal even when talking about cars, don't you? You're opinion is not the only one that matters. Some people enjoy 1/4 mile racing. You don't, that's fine, but no reason to dis a a gorgeous piece of machinery like the Hellcat simply because it doesn't do what YOU would like for it to. The Challenger is NOT a rally car. But then again, neither is the Mini LOL

Forum List

Back