2015 DODGE HELLCAT ANNIHILATES 2015 c7 z06 CHEVROLET CORVETTE

Big deal. Drag races are boring. See how that Hellcat fares on a nice twisty mountain road!

This is the truck route up to Virginia City, I've done this race a couple of times in my GT40. I'm WAAAAAY faster than this dude!

Why be in so much of a hurry? Slow down a little to better avoid being wrapped around a tree.

Big deal. Drag races are boring. See how that Hellcat fares on a nice twisty mountain road!

You have those roads in Nevada... In NYC it's a straight or go home!

And I like 135MPH traps in 10 seconds! :biggrin:

That's.....why I don't live in New York! I like high G turns!

It sorta pains me to say this but Westwall's absolutely spot-on right. Any wanker can accelerate.
That's the best thing about living in the Blue Ridge -- the roads. Straight lines are few and far between. But the switchbacks are like 170 degrees.

tank-181.jpg

1944 Hellcat

It sorta pains me to say this but Westwall's absolutely spot-on right. Any wanker can accelerate.
That's the best thing about living in the Blue Ridge -- the roads. Straight lines are few and far between. But the switchbacks are like 170 degrees.

Someone who CLEARLY has absolutely no inkling of what it takes to drag race a truly FAST car. I truly think that you might shit your pants if you drove my Caddy...or especially, if you drove my wife's car.

Someone who CLEARLY has absolutely no inkling of what it takes to drag race a truly FAST car. I truly think that you might shit your pants if you drove my Caddy...or especially, if you drove my wife's car.

Yes, they are clearly clueless about what REAL straight line acceleration is about... I had a 1987 Grand National that was a low 10 second quarter car, and would pull, and carry the front wheels 50 feet or so off the line. The sensation of the motor being so powerful that it felt like it wanted to rip itself out of the car, was truly a rush. Back in the 80's I drove Porsche's on Limerock, and never got that feeling of acceleration, even on the straights! ....Things have undoubtedly changed with today's sports cars with the advance in HP, but a well set up drag car that can be driven on the street, can pull over 3G's on acceleration and truly be a unique feeling.

I can't wait to drive one of the new Hellcats, and I want to see what that 8 speed automatic is all about!

what Westwall and Pogo are saying about the Hellcat is true, but beside the point.

The Challenger is a BIG car, it's not meant to be as nimble as a sports car. That has NEVER been the role of a muscle car. Every review of the Hellcat has been "handles great, FOR ITS SIZE"

This car was built for 1/4 mile and top end bragging rights, asking it to also be the best at everything else is absolutely ridiculous. ESPECIALLY at the price point.

doesnt seem very official.......

It's not, but they do have a youtube of a Hellcat with just drag radials, running through it's stock exhaust cutting a 10.85 at 127 MPH quarter... for a 4400 lb. car, that is beyond impressive.... The dyno graphs show over 625 HP to the rear wheels, and the computer cut the motor off at 6200 RPM...STILL PULLING... It has the internals for a 7500 RPM motor, forged everything, and I wouldn't be surprise to see someone with knowledge of how to shut off that 6200 RPM limiter having the motor make over 700HP to the wheels!

It's not, but they do have a youtube of a Hellcat with just drag radials, running through it's stock exhaust cutting a 10.85 at 127 MPH quarter... for a 4400 lb. car, that is beyond impressive.... The dyno graphs show over 625 HP to the rear wheels, and the computer cut the motor off at 6200 RPM...STILL PULLING... It has the internals for a 7500 RPM motor, forged everything, and I wouldn't be surprise to see someone with knowledge of how to shut off that 6200 RPM limiter having the motor make over 700HP to the wheels!

Drag racing in Top Fuel, yeah, there's a ton of skill needed. Street racing not so much. Just to do a little numbers comparison, the Hellcat can do 0 to 100 mph in 7.2 seconds. My 50 year old GT40 with a 289 cu. in. engine can do it in 10.2 seconds. Granted my GT weighs half as much, but I'm also giving up nearly 400 horse. The difference comes at the top end where I will top out at around 210-213 mph, depending on fuel. While the Hellcat tops out at 204.

So I still beat ya:banana:

Drag racing in Top Fuel, yeah, there's a ton of skill needed. Street racing not so much. Just to do a little numbers comparison, the Hellcat can do 0 to 100 mph in 7.2 seconds. My 50 year old GT40 with a 289 cu. in. engine can do it in 10.2 seconds. Granted my GT weighs half as much, but I'm also giving up nearly 400 horse. The difference comes at the top end where I will top out at around 210-213 mph, depending on fuel. While the Hellcat tops out at 204.

Bring back the Prowler , stuff the S/C 6.2 in it and watch your GT40 cry.

Be that as it may, which car would you rather drive coast to coast, your GT40 or a Hellcat, virtually NO ONE - including yourself - would honestly answer GT40.

And I am a lover of vintage American muscle.

My wife's GN runs low 10's...the remarkable thing is how docile it is as a driver. Stay out of the boost and you'd never suspect it's pushing 800HP.

Bring back the Prowler , stuff the S/C 6.2 in it and watch your GT40 cry.

Be that as it may, which car would you rather drive coast to coast, your GT40 or a Hellcat, virtually NO ONE - including yourself - would honestly answer GT40.

And I am a lover of vintage American muscle.

Actually I would prefer the GT over the Hellcat. It is a very comfortable seat, though the ride can be a bit on the "hard" side:laugh: I have done a couple of long drives in it. My longest single stretch was 1880 miles which I did in 20 hours including fuel stops but not the night spent in Gallup.

Forum List

Back