2014 World Cup Thread

Brazil was the better side, but they were given the typical BS host penalty that used to be so common in the World Cup up until the 1990s.

and there we go with the first controversy of the 2014 World Cup.:lol: :dunno:

What happened to all those vuvuzela horns that we heard at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa? I guess some folks found the sound annoying ... I recall it was drowning out the commentators ... lol

What happened to all those vuvuzela horns that we heard at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa? I guess some folks found the sound annoying ... I recall it was drowning out the commentators ... lol

The Brazilians would never stand for that

The Brazilians would never stand for that
Looks like they banned vuvuzelas from all world cup matches ...

The incessant droning sounds that nearly ruined the 2010 World Cup in South Africa will not be a problem this time around — FIFA just confirmed that vuvuzelas, the "popular" South African horns, have been banned from Rio.

FIFA Bans Vuvuzelas from Brazilian World Cup - The Wire

Mexico vs Cameroon

After the first half, still 0-0, and Mexico can attribute two disallowed goals to bad officiating. Officials called the plays offside for disallowing the goals, but replay showed the players were clearly onside.

FIFA should get with the times, and allow for video replay review of any disputed goal. Losing a World Cup game to bad officiating is unfair to the players, and fans.

Dutch wiped the floor with Spain. Revenge is indeed a dish best served cold. That was just a nasty beatdown in the 2nd half. Been watching those Spanish players for over a decade now and I have never seen them play that badly. I still think the Dutch are paper tigers though. Loved Van Persie's first goal. Brilliant.

Aussies were brave against Chile and genuinely looked good, but Chile just had more quality where it mattered. Their 2nd goal was a beauty.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Spain could have ripped Holland apart in the first half but couldn't convert. They look awkward with Costa as the centerforward. They weren't playing their tiki-taka. A lot of old guys.

Spain could have ripped Holland apart in the first half but couldn't convert. They look awkward with Costa as the centerforward. They weren't playing their tiki-taka. A lot of old guys.

Agreed. Think the coach deserve a lot of the blame. His selections for this squad were wrong, his starting XI was wrong and his substitutions were wrong. Spain were doomed and none us knew it lol.

If he can make the right changes to the squad, bring in players of the new generation who are hungrier than their older, trophy-laden teammates....I think Spain can bounce back. They're down, but not out. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

The Spain Netherlands final in 2010 was worse than a boring baseball game.

This opening match was a hoot!

Two of the goals were Casillas's fault so the score really wasn't indicative of the play. I expect Spain to bounce back. They have to or they will get mauled again by Chile.

If soccer had more frequent scoring, uninformed and ignorant people who were conditioned to think that basketball, where only idiots DO NOT score when they have the ball, is a game great enough to go crazy over every March, would know that 5 billion people in the world who love soccer, maybe, just maybe have a reason to love the game.

All the powers that be in soccer have to do to make soccer more exciting is eliminate the insane and idiotic off-side rule.

I got a huge kick yesterday when on The Five, a Fox favorite of mine, Bob Beckel was asked about soccer. He said it was nothing but ninety minutes of men in shorts running up and down the field.

He did however agree that he liked women's soccer.

th

I am sure Italy's fans will be watching the contests that starts Saturday at 6PM (ET)from Arena Amazonia in Manaus, Brazil... it's of course Italy vs. England and expectations are very high on both sides!

what are your bets here?? :D

place your bets here ladies and gents! :D

who will win? Italy or England?

Forum List

Back