2011 World Series

Looking forward to game 7.

Lots of pitching changes, lots of commercial breaks...
Some missed calls by a couple of umps who are behind on their mortgage or daughter's sorority dues...

I hate it when I've been reading old Dan Jenkins columns during the play offs and championships.

No missed calls tonight. They even made that call on 3rd when Holliday developed a bad case of vaginitis.

:lol:

Seriously. What a dick. I think he's a good player. That cut down throw he made from left field the other night was wicked.

But, after a 17 million dollar paycheck, you are going to leave the *potential* last game of the series due to a "badly sprained pinky"?

Grow a fucking heart.

Napoli damn near avulsed his fucking foot and walked it off.

Looking forward to game 7.

Lots of pitching changes, lots of commercial breaks...
Some missed calls by a couple of umps who are behind on their mortgage or daughter's sorority dues...

I hate it when I've been reading old Dan Jenkins columns during the play offs and championships.

No missed calls tonight. They even made that call on 3rd when Holliday developed a bad case of vaginitis.

incredible the number of errors in a single World Series game... before we went into the later innings, I thought that mebbe we were watching a replay of a preseason game...

Love the game, can't stand Joe Buck....McCarver has become more stale than last week's donuts to boot.
For once, we are in total agreement. McCarver is tedious, repeating himself endlessly with obvious observations.

I've never understood why the networks have never picked up Steve Stone, ex-Cubs announcer. The man is a fantastic pitching analyst.

McCarver's one of the greatest catchers ever to play the game... I love his insights...
And he's one of the most dreary and repetitive color guys of all time.

With real engaging talent out there like Bob Uecker and Bert Blyleven, the continued foisting of McCarver on the baseball watching world is a national travesty.

Love the game, can't stand Joe Buck....McCarver has become more stale than last week's donuts to boot.
For once, we are in total agreement. McCarver is tedious, repeating himself endlessly with obvious observations.

I've never understood why the networks have never picked up Steve Stone, ex-Cubs announcer. The man is a fantastic pitching analyst.

McCarver's one of the greatest catchers ever to play the game... I love his insights...
I disagree - he was a great hitting catcher. I imagine that catching Bob Gibson was not that difficult - he had great control and basically two fantastic pitches.

I actually had a great little baseball argument with Keith Olbermann the other day on Twitter. He was wrong, I was right, but most of you probably agree with him: I say Mattingly is the best defensive 1st baseman ever, he says Hernandez.

With real engaging talent out there like Bob Uecker and Bert Blyleven, the continued foisting of McCarver on the baseball watching world is a national travesty.

meh... I've often listened to Bob Uecker as the hometown radio announcer for the Brewers games...

and he's way more tedious than McCarver...

meh... I've often listened to Bob Uecker as the hometown radio announcer for the Brewers games...

I didn't know that he was so sick. Bryant Gumbel did a story on Real Sports about it.

I didn't know that he was so sick. Bryant Gumbel did a story on Real Sports about it.

sorry to hear he's sick...

loved him in Major League...

Harry Doyle" Just a bit outside" - YouTube

and the sequel...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqBFhF4haXM]Jack Parkman 'Shimmy' - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

I disagree - he was a great hitting catcher. I imagine that catching Bob Gibson was not that difficult - he had great control and basically two fantastic pitches.

meh... Bob Gibson was an asshole with an attitude... I'm glad for both of us it wasn't you or me catching him...

I like McCarver, but Uecker is hilarious. Major League aside, "The Catcher In the Wry" is hysterical.

Yadier Molina is going to join the ranks of great pitchers. I think he's let one get by him in the post season. He also picks off runners with extreme prejudice. He's not the greatest bat out there, but he's great behind the plate.

meh... Bob Gibson was an asshole with an attitude... I'm glad for both of us it wasn't you or me catching him...

Back when pitchers were mean. And Grienke was bitching about Carpenter being a dick. Gibson would brush someone off for grins.

thought y'all might enjoy this as much as I did...

old ballparks that now exist only in our memories...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlGCgtlM1yE&feature=related]Demolished Ballparks (old version) - YouTube[/ame]

OMG - Not only was it the best "World Series" game ever, but that was the best baseball game I ever saw. :thewave:

:lol: Nolan Ryan & George Bush were crying in their Busch Beer. :lol:

:beer: You can bet I will be at game 7 tomorrow. Downtown St. Louis will be a wall to wall party tomorrow night. :beer:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back