2011 World Series

Ron Washington couldn't manage himself out of a paper bag.
I agree.
Big mistake pitching to Berkman. He should have walked him, too, to load the bases and get a force at any base.

Although, I probably wouldn't have walked Albert, preceding Berkman.

I don't know. They were in a bind. Pujols could have hurt them badly and tied it up. Walking Berkman would have loaded the bases with Craig coming up who has been a periodic hot bat and a chance for the win.

Just one of those pitching duals. Berkman won it. I think it falls into one of those hindsight things.

a good writeup on Game Six...

2011 World Series Game 6: St. Louis Cardinals beat Texas Rangers, force Game 7 on David Freese homer in 11th - The Washington Post

ST. LOUIS — The Texas Rangers were finding out Thursday night, in Game 6 of the World Series, what the entire National League found out in September, what the Philadelphia Phillies and Milwaukee Brewers found out in October: You cannot kill the St. Louis Cardinals. If they are down to their last game, they will win it. If they are down to their last out, they will redeem it. If they are down to their last strike, you’d better paint the corner and pray.

It had been true for the last nine, hectic weeks, as the Cardinals’ August oblivion bled into a September charge, then into an October run for the ages. It was true again Thursday night, when the Cardinals, facing elimination, twice found themselves down to their final out and their final strike, and twice — twice! — stormed back to tie the game.

Finally, in the bottom of the 11th, David Freese connected on a full-count pitch from Rangers right-hander Mark Lowe and sent it screaming and whistling onto the grass berm in center field, and the Cardinals had a 10-9 win that pushed their never-say-die narrative into another realm, the realm of the absurd and unbelievable.

a good video wrap up...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHLsiEwENsA]2011 World Series Game 6 Recap - YouTube[/ame]

how 'bout a theme song...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdfOqPhV3jY]EMF - You're Unbelievable - YouTube[/ame]

I can't get too excited over a game that had so many errors. There were 5 total, weren't there? That Texas Rangers right fielder totally botched that catch, which was not difficult at all. He did not run back to the wall, he casually went back, back, back then realized that it was out of his reach. It was total Bush league.

I can't get too excited over a game that had so many errors. There were 5 total, weren't there? That Texas Rangers right fielder totally botched that catch, which was not difficult at all. He did not run back to the wall, he casually went back, back, back then realized that it was out of his reach. It was total Bush league.

yeah... I know... I was pretty disgusted by the first half of the game... it was like watching an early-season Cactus League game... with guys booting the ball over and over...

but then it turned magical...

that's part of what I love about baseball...

Last edited:
The St. Louis Cardinals are racists for not letting the team with the Black manager win. They should have just rolled over and played dead, the world would have been a better place for it.

:D

It was an ominous sign when Carp took the mound for STL. Once he got into his groove it was lights out. With the exception of the first, Carp and the STL bullpen pitched a shutout.

That's how the West was won.

Congrats STL Texas, I'll root for you next year if the Cardinals don't make the post season.

Dealey Plaza, Lyndon Johnson, George W. Bush, Rick Perry,......Texas sucks.

The St. Louis Cardinals are racists for not letting the team with the Black manager win. They should have just rolled over and played dead, the world would have been a better place for it.

The douchbaggery is strong in this one..............
Congratulations St. Louis! What an achievement winning 4 out of 7 baseball games! :uhoh3:

Your fans that supported you the whole season will get what? Nothing. Oh no wait, they got to pay $42.7 million in state funds (taxes) for infrastructure!:
Field of Schemes: Cards to finance own share of stadium

That makes it all worthwhile! :lol:

Hopefully, no opposing Texas fans got beat up in the parking lot after the game for daring to wear their teams' jersey on enemy territory.

Last edited:

The douchbaggery is strong in this one..............
Congratulations St. Louis! What an achievement winning 4 out of 7 baseball games! :uhoh3:

Your fans that supported you the whole season will get what? Nothing. Oh no wait, they got to pay $42.7 million in state funds (taxes) for infrastructure!:
Field of Schemes: Cards to finance own share of stadium

That makes it all worthwhile! :lol:

Hopefully, no opposing Texas fans got beat up in the parking lot after the game for daring to wear their teams' jersey on enemy territory.

I promise you no one got touched. That's not how they roll in St. Louis. It's not Philly. The town respects the game. You'll also notice that the Rangers were hardly booed by the St. Louis crowd. Compare that to Arlington where the fans booed everything.

Game 6 will stand as an immortal classic WS game for the ages. 1 strike away from winning the whole shebang in back to back innings, and Texas lost, not only the game, but the series.
I'm not joe-baseball afficiando, just love sports. I'm 58, and never saw a better WS game in my life. In fact, looking back, it was a privilege to watch it live!

Albert-Pujols-Money-Symbol-Jersey.jpg

Forum List

Back