2011 World Series

What the fuck are y'all talking about...?!

did you even watch the game...?!

Cards down by two runs with two outs in the bottom of the ninth... they tie it up...

Cards down by two runs with two outs in the bottom of the tenth... they tie it up...

local boy Freese hits a home run in the bottom of the eleventh to send it to Game Seven...!

btw... how can anybody possibly not love World Series baseball when it's played like this...?

Last edited:

Cards down by two runs with two outs in the bottom of the ninth... they tie it up...

Cards down by two runs with two outs in the bottom of the tenth... they tie it up...

local boy Freese hits a home run in the bottom of the eleventh to send it to Game Seven...!

btw... how can anybody possibly not love World Series baseball when it's played like this...?

Yep, almost like a well written script.....:eusa_whistle:

That's what I am talking about. Three adults just went psychotic in my house, and I was one of them.

That was one of those moments when you are either saying "How badass would a walk off be right now?" or "Please don't let him get a walkoff right now."

And then it happens.

What makes it better is that Freese is a local boy and is not a big name. How many times do you think he dreamed about that as a kid?

I hope the game tomorrow is as good. I hope my aging heart can take it.

Buck's good, Oddone is . . . odd. McCarver needs to go to the minors. Go Rangers!

Love the game, can't stand Joe Buck....McCarver has become more stale than last week's donuts to boot.
For once, we are in total agreement. McCarver is tedious, repeating himself endlessly with obvious observations.

I've never understood why the networks have never picked up Steve Stone, ex-Cubs announcer. The man is a fantastic pitching analyst.

Love the game, can't stand Joe Buck....McCarver has become more stale than last week's donuts to boot.

meh... quitchur bitchin'... sign up at mlb.tv and pay to listen to the games broadcast by either of the teams' hometown radio announcers...
Meh....Real old school pros like John Miller, Bob Costas and Vin Scully are still available to call big time national baseball games like the World Series....Joe Buck is the most overrated windbag since Chris Berman.

Great game, bombastic and banal play-by-play.

Looking forward to game 7.

Lots of pitching changes, lots of commercial breaks...
Some missed calls by a couple of umps who are behind on their mortgage or daughter's sorority dues...

I hate it when I've been reading old Dan Jenkins columns during the play offs and championships.

Last edited:
For once, we are in total agreement. McCarver is tedious, repeating himself endlessly with obvious observations.

I've never understood why the networks have never picked up Steve Stone, ex-Cubs announcer. The man is a fantastic pitching analyst.

Wasn't it Derek Holland that did an excellent imitation of Harry Carey...?

hold on... found it...

The Voices in Hollands Head Trailer - YouTube

Derek Holland as Harry Caray - YouTube

meh... quitchur bitchin'... sign up at mlb.tv and pay to listen to the games broadcast by either of the teams' hometown radio announcers...
Meh....Real old school pros like John Miller, Bob Costas and Vin Scully are still available to call big time national baseball games like the World Series....Joe Buck is the most overrated windbag since Chris Berman.

Great game, bombastic and banal play-by-play.

You know what I hate? The fucking statistics. They blast the most inane and useless statistics up on the game. "In case you were wondering, Freese has never hit a walk off home run in the World Series". CRACK!

I am not a Joe Buck fan, he just used the Cardinals as a stepping stone. But, the game is bigger then the guys behind the mics.

Wasn't it Derek Holland that did an excellent imitation of Harry Carey...?

hold on... found it...

The Voices in Hollands Head Trailer - YouTube

Derek Holland as Harry Caray - YouTube

That was hilarious, and Holland's performance was brilliant the other night. I wonder who is going to face Carpenter tomorrow?

for anybody that complains about the TV announcers...

you can sign up to buy the radio broadcasts of both teams' home radio stations at mlb.tv...

so, in the words of Ann Landers, quitchurbitchin...

Some missed calls by a couple of umps who are behind on their mortgage or daughter's sorority dues...

I hate it when I've been reading old Dan Jenkins columns during the play offs and championships.

No missed calls tonight. They even made that call on 3rd when Holliday developed a bad case of vaginitis.

McCarver's one of the greatest catchers ever to play the game... I love his insights...

No missed calls tonight. They even made that call on 3rd when Holliday developed a bad case of vaginitis.

:lol:

Forum List

Back