2000: Gallup has Gore +7 on October 7th

The Paperboy

Times Square
Aug 26, 2008
Times Square
From the Huffington Report:

Remembering Gallup's Wacky 2000 Tracking Poll

Everyone remembers the 2000 presidential election with its excruciating post-election vote counting controversy in Florida and the Supreme Court decision that awarded the presidency to George W. Bush. But how many people remember the Gallup 2000 election tracking poll? I'm sure the Gallup folks would like us to forget it, but in light of the controversy over Gallup's recent poll for USA Today that showed a big discrepancy between registered and likely voters, it's worth recalling just how well Gallup's likely voter screen performed in the weeks leading up to the 2000 election.

Full story here

21,000 people showed up in the rain for Obama today in INDIANAPOLIS!

You're done, son.

Give it up.

Last edited:
so if Obama wins by oinly 4% instead of the 11% that Gallup has him at, I'll still be crackin' open the champagne:lol:

everyone pretty much agrees Gore won the actual election... this isnt' a good example

Polls, polls, polls. Really the only poll we'll ready take notice of is on November 4th.

I really don't see how acurate they can be. Some are only small samples--one was actually 60% democrat. Then another will be loaded with republicans.

Some say Obama needs to go in with an 8% lead.

What is extremely interesting according to one talking head pundant. Obama should have a lead right now of 24 points. We have an unpopular war, the financial crisis, etc. Things definitely not looking good for our economy. Normally Americans blame the incumbant party in the White House--President Bush, regardless if it is a democrat congress & senate.

So, I guess I am a little surprised that this race is still so close. I think Americans really don't trust Obama. His associations are extremely questionable, as to who he really is.

Then of course, the democrat party put out that they estimate 30% of blue collar white workers in the mid-west would never vote for a black man anyway. "I don't know if that's true, but you can bet the democrat party is very worried about it."

I guess we'll see soon.

What is extremely interesting according to one talking head pundant. Obama should have a lead right now of 24 points. .

Oh, c'mon! What idiot said that? Some republican partisan no doubt, trying to raise the bar so the inevitable McCain defeat doesn't look like a disaster.

Carter only lost to Reagan by 9 points. And that was with a major third party candidate bleeding off a few percent from carter's total.

24 points? What a bunch of baloney.

everyone pretty much agrees Gore won the actual election... this isnt' a good example

If you mean popular vote, I'll agree to that, since it's a fact. But as much as I like Gore and hate Bush, Bush won Florida. Sorry.

But yeah, I don't have much hope for McCain anymore. If he wins, I'll be shocked and make love to the Bradley effect.

you know, at the start of this campaign i thought Obama would have no chance of winning because i thought no would vote for him because 1 his black and 2 i thought americans would be stuck on getting a republican back in office.

But now i see that Americans truly are ready for chance. And they know they only way that's going to happen is electing Obama. Im glad that America finally is getting smart.

Everyone but the half dozen newspapers who counted the votes again and again and again and kept finding Bush won.

And doesn't it say something about Gore that he only wanted recounts in Democratic counties?

And doesn't it say something abut Democrats that the problem was in a county run by all Democrats?

Last edited:

Everyone does NOT agree. In fact about half the Country completely disagreed with that statement then and now.

And you will find people that want to know what the REAL popular vote count was as well. You see they quit counting absentee votes in mosts states after a statistical win had occurred or after the election was declared for that State.

But to the point of the matter. NO President is EVER elected by popular vote. I suggest you read and understand the Constitution.

bottom line: talking about 2000 is a distraction. Obama is pulling away in 2008. He has momentum. McCain needed a game changing debate and didn't get it. All he has left now is to go negative and avoid talking about issues. This momentum keeps up and Obama brandishes some coattails, and we'll have 60 in the senate and the republican party will be officially irrelevant.:lol:

Forum List

Back