2000-2010 Texas creates 1 million jobs, California losses 100,000, blame Bush?

JRK

Feb 27, 2011
California legislators took a junket to Texas to find out why Texas was creating jobs while the Golden State lost jobs. The answer is really simple and many have been shouting it for some time: high taxes and burdensome regulations.
Texas shows it is job friendly through state policies whereas California does quite the opposite. Just look at the numbers. According to an analysis by noted Chapman University economist Essie Adibi, over the last 10 years California has experienced a net loss of over 100,000 jobs whereas Texas has had a net job gain over well over 1 million.
California begs Texas for job creation help? - Orange Punch - The Orange County Register

How about New Jersey?
New York?

Texas has a sales tax where as California has a income tax
Job creation is not Rocket Science and blaming GWB on everything is not going to fix anything

Yeah... they're awesome... $10B in debt.... but that's besides the point. Gimme a "T" for Texas!

So with all that corporate pandering, their "sales tax" and the like... they are still $10B short on their annual Budget? Yep... that strategy is just as much of a winner as the rest.

Granted... California is twice that. But what do you expect when you elect an action hero as Governor.

Yeah... they're awesome... $10B in debt.... but that's besides the point. Gimme a "T" for Texas!

So with all that corporate pandering, their "sales tax" and the like... they are still $10B short on their annual Budget? Yep... that strategy is just as much of a winner as the rest.

Granted... California is twice that. But what do you expect when you elect an action hero as Governor.

I find this whole blame one person attitude very curious. Did Arnie run a dictatorship in CA? I think not. Just like the federal government, blaming one person is a pathetic position for the intellectually bankrupt. Intelligent people consider the whole Administration... and the parties involved... which would be slightly more inconvenient for the Democrats... so I guess I now understand why you choose intellectual bankruptcy over intelligence.

Guess you liked Arnie then?

Truth is, I was giving some of the slams back to the "Obaminators" out there. I do realize there is more to it than that... sorry if I offended.

my state has a sales tax and an income tax. Our unemployment rate is about the lowest in the nation.

Therefore, the key to prosperity is having both taxes.

Maryland, NJ and Connecticut also have both taxes - and the highest incomes in the nation.

Truly, the evidence is overwhelming!

We have a budget shortfall but it's nothing we can't handle. We could tap into our savings (rainy day fund) and come up with about 9 billion there couple that with payment deferrals that could bring in anywhere from $2 billion to $4 billion and we're back in the black.

my state has a sales tax and an income tax. Our unemployment rate is about the lowest in the nation.

Maryland, NJ and Connecticut also have both taxes - and the highest incomes in the nation.

While I agree with your premise... your examples are flawed... Maryland, NJ and Connecticut also have some of the highest costs of living in the Nation. So incomes have to be higher or else no one could afford to live there.

But you are correct.

this shit was happening before Arnold.....regulations,high taxes and an unfriendly business climate did not start with Arnie.....

Guess you liked Arnie then?

Truth is, I was giving some of the slams back to the "Obaminators" out there. I do realize there is more to it than that... sorry if I offended.

Actually, no. I have very little time for Arnie... or the rest of the corrupt bastards and treasonous bitches that run my home state.

this shit was happening before Arnold.....regulations,high taxes and an unfriendly business climate did not start with Arnie.....

Truth is... after a little more research, California is not in that bad of shape. They are still in the top 10 as far as budget shortfalls, but that $21B shortfall is only 25% of the fiscal budget. Illinois' budget shortfall of $17B, is 52%, and Texas, with their $10B is 22%.

So apparently California brings in enough revenue to clean it up over a relatively short period of time with some good management.

an 8%+ unemployment rate.
household incomes well below the average.
bottom quintile in education.

What were we comparing again?

Now I am not sure who your calling stupid here
But the people in Texas are smart enough to live in a place where they can get a job

As far as the 8% UE goes, it will be 5% long before California is and where would we be if this country without a stimulus had that kind of job growth in the last 10 years?

The Bakken Shale Map And Info. North Dakota Shale Gas.
and this has nothing to do with your rate?
You have got to be kidding me
Your a left wing kook living in N.D. and if you even have a job in some form its tied to shale oil?
HAHAHAHAAHA
That has made my day

Talking about CA's budget shortfall is wonderful, but hey, let's talk about CA's looming public pension monster....

Talking about CA's budget shortfall is wonderful, but hey, let's talk about CA's looming public pension monster....

Part of the entire problem we face as a country today is legacy cost
For the love of God why those deals where made and why in Gods name we bailed out the UAW and let them keep right on with the same legacy cost is ming boggling

Why in God's name do we screw the working class over to cower down to the Corporate structure, reducing revenues to the point that previous deals became unsustainable when we knew we'd have to pay for them in the future?

Unless the plan was to recruit people into Public Employment, have them invest 20+ years and right when they are too old and too far into their careers to start over... fuck them up the ass.... well, then I guess the plan worked.

More taxes is a key to prosperity??

Do you actually believe the shit you type??

That dud cannot be taken seriously. Whats sad is he is the very person who elected Obama and for the love of God he cannot tell anyone why
none of them can honestly come out and tell us why they elected Obama

Part of the entire problem we face as a country today is legacy cost
For the love of God why those deals where made and why in Gods name we bailed out the UAW and let them keep right on with the same legacy cost is ming boggling

Thats an easy one to figure JR.

The politicians made the deals in return for the backing of the Unions.

Of course by the time these legacy costs rolled around the original politicians were out of office in most cases.

They didn't give a rats ass what the taxpayers in their States would be paying.

It was all about getting the backing of the Unions at election time.

Who said that? More broadly-based taxes are better than less broadly-based taxes, yes.

And as it turns out, states with the highest incomes also tend to be states with the highest taxes.

Forum List

Back