2000-2010 Texas creates 1 million jobs, California losses 100,000, blame Bush?

Talking about CA's budget shortfall is wonderful, but hey, let's talk about CA's looming public pension monster....

Part of the entire problem we face as a country today is legacy cost
For the love of God why those deals where made and why in Gods name we bailed out the UAW and let them keep right on with the same legacy cost is ming boggling

Thats an easy one to figure JR.

The politicians made the deals in return for the backing of the Unions.

Of course by the time these legacy costs rolled around the original politicians were out of office in most cases.

They didn't give a rats ass what the taxpayers in their States would be paying.

It was all about getting the backing of the Unions at election time.

you hit a home run there. You take all of the unions and add all of the minorities and put a dose of wacko in there and you have the very thing thats wrong with this country, it is how we could elect Obama
Do not mis understand me, the GOP has got blood on there hands also. you got to believe there are some trying to stop the bleeding
with Obama in there it is his intent for us to bleed, run up the debt, raise taxes on every-one and blame it on Bush
Never let a crises go to waste
Stimulus
50% tarp and then ram thru Obama care
1.4 trillion dollars of new spending with no way to recover 95% of it in months

revenues are down and here we go

my state has a sales tax and an income tax. Our unemployment rate is about the lowest in the nation.

Therefore, the key to prosperity is having both taxes.

Maryland, NJ and Connecticut also have both taxes - and the highest incomes in the nation.

Truly, the evidence is overwhelming!

More taxes is a key to prosperity??

Do you actually believe the shit you type??

Who said that? More broadly-based taxes are better than less broadly-based taxes, yes.

And as it turns out, states with the highest incomes also tend to be states with the highest taxes.

You did.. more broadly based taxes is more taxes from differing sources... Increased taxes, whether it be thru 1 or more sources, are not the key to prosperity....

Do not confuse coincidence with causation

my state has a sales tax and an income tax. Our unemployment rate is about the lowest in the nation.

Maryland, NJ and Connecticut also have both taxes - and the highest incomes in the nation.

Who said that? More broadly-based taxes are better than less broadly-based taxes, yes.

And as it turns out, states with the highest incomes also tend to be states with the highest taxes.

Do you have any idea how much your hurting those you support and any reputation you may have had at one time?
People pay taxes

Obama Hasn’t Noticed People Leaving California and New York? « Peace and Freedom Promises
Obama Hasn’t Noticed People Leaving California and New York?
By arturoafc54
Taxes, fees, too much regulation, and a “hostile business environment” are reasons cited by people leaving California and New York.

Much of the media covering this story has a liberal bias so ground truth is difficult to find.

But here is a snip from the Orange County (CA) Register last April:

Attendees heard from more than a dozen businesspeople who complained of high workman’s compensation insurance, “predatory” regulators, an unfriendly business climate, a “never ending paper trail of business forms,” exorbitant utility expenses, fees, taxes, quality of life and overpriced overhead.

Randy York said he moved his polyurethane manufacturing business from Huntington Beach to Reno, Nev. in 1987 because he was tired of being “hammered” with regulatory fees from the fire department, the health department, the state Environmental Protection Agency, the California Division of Occupational Safety and Health and the South Coast Air Quality Management District.

He said it got to the point where he was paying $2,000 or $3,000 a quarter on fees – for company of 20 employees.

“They were killing us with fees,” he said. “Fees, fees, fees.”

See:
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/ca
lifornia-business-fees-2375002-nevada-company

Pollster Pat Goodall says 3,000 people leave California every week: mostly because of taxes and fees.

In New York, the situation is similar.

Some economists say high income New Yorkers are leaving the state faster than those fleeing California. At least in California, one has the Pacific Ocean…..

Here’s what Donald Trump told Neil Cavuto in April:

“The fact is that the state of New York did something very, very foolish, and they passed a tax, an income tax, and increased it very substantially from what it was.And I believe that’s going to be a total disaster for the state. …You’re talking about millions and millions of dollars for some people that really have other options, Neil. They can move to other states. You take a state like Florida, run by a governor, Charlie Crist, who is a terrific governor, and who is very, very cherishing of his no income tax.So, you know, I make a lot of money outside of New York State, as an example. And I’m saying to myself, wait a minute. For the privilege of living in New York, I am supposed to pay tens of millions of dollars in extra taxes? It doesn’t make sense.”

Donald Trump on What He'll Do if Millionaires' Tax Happens - Neil Cavuto | Your World - FOXNews.com
At the national level, Obama seems unknowing or uncaring. His proposal to cut “loopholes” for businesses operating on foreign shores and in “tax havens” ignores the natural fact of economics (and life) that businesses will migrate toward the places that offer the best bottom line….People too…..

Michelle Malkin » 2009
5/20/billionaire-to-new-york-screw-you/

Related:
Calif, NY, NJ: Highest Taxes But “Fiscal Basket Cases;” People Moving Out

Last edited:

You did.. more broadly based taxes is more taxes from differing sources... Increased taxes, whether it be thru 1 or more sources, are not the key to prosperity....

You fundamentally don't understand what I wrote. More broadly-based taxes does not equal increased taxes. It equals broader-based.

Do not confuse coincidence with causation

Did you read the OP?

Do you have any idea how much your hurting those you support and any reputation you may have had at one time?

JRK, you are very confused. I am quite certain that rightwing koolaid drinkers will never come around to the plain and simple truth. I just enjoy pointing out how wrong they are.

do you have any idea how much your hurting those you support and any reputation you may have had at one time?

jrk, you are very confused. I am quite certain that rightwing koolaid drinkers will never come around to the plain and simple truth. I just enjoy pointing out how wrong they are.

and everyone is still waiting for the first one

"The just-released Arbitron report reveals that a lot less people are listening to right-wing talk radio."

LimbaughPig.jpg

529.gif

Talking about CA's budget shortfall is wonderful, but hey, let's talk about CA's looming public pension monster....

For the love of God why those deals where made and why in Gods name we bailed out the UAW and let them keep right on with the same legacy cost is ming boggling

Most of the contracts which provided such wonderful benefits were passed when the Clinton boom was in full bloom. Then a new guy came to town, allowed our nation to be attacked, invaded and occupied Iraq (which had zero to do with 9/11) cut taxes twice and failed to regulate the financial services industry, leading to the economic collapse of 2008.

Pension funds lost hundreds of billions and now those who aided and abetted the collapse blame the worker bees and want them to suffer by taking away SS, Medicare and Medicade, by busting unions, depressing wages and the repeal of the reform of healthcare and Wall street.

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, but not all American voters are fools'. See the latest results from NY 26 and the desperate spin being offered by the RW and GOP to redirect the debate.

"The just-released Arbitron report reveals that a lot less people are listening to right-wing talk radio."

LimbaughPig.jpg

529.gif

And your repetitive picture posting, centered multi-sized and multi-colored text, and infatuation with Limbaugh has to do with any of this HOW??

Fuck off, troll

Most of the contracts which provided such wonderful benefits were passed when the Clinton boom was in full bloom. Then a new guy came to town, allowed our nation to be attacked, invaded and occupied Iraq (which had zero to do with 9/11) cut taxes twice and failed to regulate the financial services industry, leading to the economic collapse of 2008.

Pension funds lost hundreds of billions and now those who aided and abetted the collapse blame the worker bees and want them to suffer by taking away SS, Medicare and Medicade, by busting unions, depressing wages and the repeal of the reform of healthcare and Wall street.

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, but not all American voters are fools'. See the latest results from NY 26 and the desperate spin being offered by the RW and GOP to redirect the debate.

Blaming ol W
allowed our country to be attacked?
what was the event of 93 at the WTC?
What does legacy cost the state of California paying have to with W?
When did we get the federal pensions?
2001?
What does tax policy have to do with legacy cost?
Busting unions? Unions are busting them selves, they need no help. In fact if not for Obama mis using the tax payers wealth the UAW was busted
Look there is nothing to re direct. The truth of the place this country is at will do just fine
the only desperation I can see is coming from the left, Obama is in full campaign mode as we speak and is a toss up against "general" republican

My friend when its Sept 2012 and stimulus, GM,Chrysler,Obama care, 5 trillion in debt and 5-6million jobs lost you think any-one is going to want to change the subject from the cons side?

California legislators took a junket to Texas to find out why Texas was creating jobs while the Golden State lost jobs. The answer is really simple and many have been shouting it for some time: high taxes and burdensome regulations.
Texas shows it is job friendly through state policies whereas California does quite the opposite. Just look at the numbers. According to an analysis by noted Chapman University economist Essie Adibi, over the last 10 years California has experienced a net loss of over 100,000 jobs whereas Texas has had a net job gain over well over 1 million.
California begs Texas for job creation help? - Orange Punch - The Orange County Register

How about New Jersey?
New York?

Texas has a sales tax where as California has a income tax
Job creation is not Rocket Science and blaming GWB on everything is not going to fix anything

CA has a sales tax as well. Plus they have a massive income tax and every other tax and regulation imaginable.

It doesn't pay to work in CA.

California legislators took a junket to Texas to find out why Texas was creating jobs while the Golden State lost jobs. The answer is really simple and many have been shouting it for some time: high taxes and burdensome regulations.
Texas shows it is job friendly through state policies whereas California does quite the opposite. Just look at the numbers. According to an analysis by noted Chapman University economist Essie Adibi, over the last 10 years California has experienced a net loss of over 100,000 jobs whereas Texas has had a net job gain over well over 1 million.
California begs Texas for job creation help? - Orange Punch - The Orange County Register

How about New Jersey?
New York?

Texas has a sales tax where as California has a income tax
Job creation is not Rocket Science and blaming GWB on everything is not going to fix anything

CA has a sales tax as well. Plus they have a massive income tax and every other tax and regulation imaginable.

It doesn't pay to work in CA.

Hum I hate to break your heart
But the navy seals at the end got OBL, Obama happened to be in the house when t went down

Texas had a recession in 86 - 87 when most of the rest of the country was in expansion.

Why? low oil prices.

Texas doing better now?

where are oil prices?

T
Texas had a recession in 86 - 87 when most of the rest of the country was in expansion.

Why? low oil prices.

Texas doing better now?

where are oil prices?

It would be interesting to see who was running Texas back then, wouldn't it?

Also, texas lost a bunch of jobs since the ban on drilling so things could be better.

Why? low oil prices.

Texas doing better now?

where are oil prices?

Thats part of the deal
not part of the rest of your life
This country faces a choice like it never has before. The liberal mandate, protect the fruit fly and tax the "rich man" has got California in a net loss of job creation, there in debt over there eyes, and there is no end in site

My home is not in Texas
I am in Texas because there is no work at my home and I am not alone

this shit was happening before Arnold.....regulations,high taxes and an unfriendly business climate did not start with Arnie.....

Truth is... after a little more research, California is not in that bad of shape. They are still in the top 10 as far as budget shortfalls, but that $21B shortfall is only 25% of the fiscal budget. Illinois' budget shortfall of $17B, is 52%, and Texas, with their $10B is 22%.

So apparently California brings in enough revenue to clean it up over a relatively short period of time with some good management.

Arnie.....had said a few times that California does not have a revenue problem....it has a spending problem....hopefully Jerry will tell the Legislature that your reckless spending ends now....we will see....

JRK, you are very confused. I am quite certain that rightwing koolaid drinkers will never come around to the plain and simple truth. I just enjoy pointing out how wrong they are.

i notice you also enjoy pointing out how wrong the Left wing kool aid drinkers are........

Yeah... they're awesome... $10B in debt.... but that's besides the point. Gimme a "T" for Texas!

So with all that corporate pandering, their "sales tax" and the like... they are still $10B short on their annual Budget? Yep... that strategy is just as much of a winner as the rest.

Granted... California is twice that. But what do you expect when you elect an action hero as Governor.

The messiest divorce imaginable at the end of the philanderer's term.

Forum List

Back