2000-2010 Texas creates 1 million jobs, California losses 100,000, blame Bush?

More taxes is a key to prosperity??

Do you actually believe the shit you type??

Who said that? More broadly-based taxes are better than less broadly-based taxes, yes.

And as it turns out, states with the highest incomes also tend to be states with the highest taxes.

You did.. more broadly based taxes is more taxes from differing sources... Increased taxes, whether it be thru 1 or more sources, are not the key to prosperity....

Do not confuse coincidence with causation

Sorry for bolding your quote, but that was:

Outta the park!

California legislators took a junket to Texas to find out why Texas was creating jobs while the Golden State lost jobs. The answer is really simple and many have been shouting it for some time: high taxes and burdensome regulations.
Texas shows it is job friendly through state policies whereas California does quite the opposite. Just look at the numbers. According to an analysis by noted Chapman University economist Essie Adibi, over the last 10 years California has experienced a net loss of over 100,000 jobs whereas Texas has had a net job gain over well over 1 million.
California begs Texas for job creation help? - Orange Punch - The Orange County Register

How about New Jersey?
New York?

Texas has a sales tax where as California has a income tax
Job creation is not Rocket Science and blaming GWB on everything is not going to fix anything

And this, as they say, is the rest of the story.

Perry campaigns on job creation as state revenue shrinks

Yeah... they're awesome... $10B in debt.... but that's besides the point. Gimme a "T" for Texas!

So with all that corporate pandering, their "sales tax" and the like... they are still $10B short on their annual Budget? Yep... that strategy is just as much of a winner as the rest.

Granted... California is twice that. But what do you expect when you elect an action hero as Governor.

this shit was happening before Arnold.....regulations,high taxes and an unfriendly business climate did not start with Arnie.....

Didn't they recall (kick out) the governor before Arnold? Yep!

an 8%+ unemployment rate.
household incomes well below the average.
bottom quintile in education.

What were we comparing again?

Ghook apparently believes stating actual facts makes you a "partisan hack" and worthy of neg rep.

Thanks, Ghook! You're a model Radio Republican.

an 8%+ unemployment rate.
household incomes well below the average.
bottom quintile in education.

What were we comparing again?

Now I am not sure who your calling stupid here
But the people in Texas are smart enough to live in a place where they can get a job

As far as the 8% UE goes, it will be 5% long before California is and where would we be if this country without a stimulus had that kind of job growth in the last 10 years?
They could move to many other states with higher incomes and lower unemployment.

my state has a sales tax and an income tax. Our unemployment rate is about the lowest in the nation.

Therefore, the key to prosperity is having both taxes.

Maryland, NJ and Connecticut also have both taxes - and the highest incomes in the nation.

Truly, the evidence is overwhelming!

The Bakken Shale Map And Info. North Dakota Shale Gas.
and this has nothing to do with your rate?
You have got to be kidding me
Your a left wing kook living in N.D. and if you even have a job in some form its tied to shale oil?
HAHAHAHAAHA
That has made my day

What the Fuck? Where did you ever dream up a claim that I live in ND?

You look a little dumber with every post.

my state has a sales tax and an income tax. Our unemployment rate is about the lowest in the nation.

Therefore, the key to prosperity is having both taxes.

Maryland, NJ and Connecticut also have both taxes - and the highest incomes in the nation.

Truly, the evidence is overwhelming!

Your a left wing kook living in N.D. and if you even have a job in some form its tied to shale oil?
HAHAHAHAAHA
That has made my day

well I do not know
Seeing as though N.D has the lowest U.E rate

I would blame NAFTA more than Bush Texas has become a corridor for Mexican goods. Plus Texas is a welfare state and takes in more Federal dollars than it puts out while California supports Texas.

DO WHAT?
California supports Texas?
Per capita federal welfare expenditures by state
Why?
This is called a link
The Audacious Epigone: Per capita federal welfare expenditures by state
its the best and most accurate I can find
it gets allot worse for 2011 I can promise
Commenter Jesuswarehouse helpfully dug up several links, including federal expenditures by state on a host of things. Sifting through them, I've figured total per capita federal welfare spending--defined here as childhood nutrition programs, food stamp programs, WIC benefits, and TANF benefits--by state. Such a table does not appear to be floating around anywhere else on the web. For that reason, it is presented here. The latest year all necessary figures appear to be available from is 2005. Consequently, all data are from that year:

HAHAHAHAAHA
That has made my day

well I do not know

my state has a sales tax, an income tax, a property tax and among the lowest unemployment rates in the nation as well - lower than Florida and Texas by far.

Which of course makes the OP look a little...silly.

well I do not know

my state has a sales tax, an income tax, a property tax and among the lowest unemployment rates in the nation as well - lower than Florida and Texas by far.

Florida and Texas has no income tax
Your UE rate?
Florida had nothing to do with this thread, Texas has an UE rate that is over all high
But it also has added millions of people to its economy
I am not sure what this has to do with jobs created as well as the thread
The point is very clear, in fact your comment about Florida helps make that point

Texas is business friendly
its that simple
California is not
and as far as N.D.
I will be right back

well I do not know

your claim was you lived in sate that has about the lowest
N.D has the lowest
and as far as the dumb fuck goes
Is that all you have got?
I mean really, thats about 4th grade

well I do not know

Florida and Texas has no income tax

...and higher ue rates than states that do. What exactly was your point?
Your UE rate?

My state is 5.3%. My MSA is 4.5%

Florida had nothing to do with this thread,

Then why did you bring up Florida?
Texas has an UE rate that is over all high
But it also has added millions of people to its economy

it has not added jobs as fast as its labor force has expanded.

well I do not know

your claim was you lived in sate that has about the lowest
N.D has the lowest

"About the lowest" is not the lowest.

Dumb fucks might think so.

Rick Perry should run for President. He has been creating a lot of Jobs in recent years while all other States have been losing Millions of Jobs. Texas has a very good Job-Creation record over the last Decade. No other State in the U.S. can claim such success. Rick Perry could be the right choice for the Republicans in 2012. Stay tuned.

Rick Perry should run for President. He has been creating a lot of Jobs in recent years while all other States have been losing Millions of Jobs. Texas has a very good Job-Creation record over the last Decade. No other State in the U.S. can claim such success. Rick Perry could be the right choice for the Republicans in 2012. Stay tuned.

I agree, and I think he will
If he does, Obama is done

Texas created 1.16 million jobs from 200-2010, while the USA as a whole lost 272,000 over the same period. You can shake and bake that all you want, but those results speak for themselves. There's a reason people and businesses are comng to Texas, while people and businesses are leaving NY, ILL, and CA. Businesses go there to make money, people go there to find a job, although it's also a good retirement state. That's called doing something right politically and economically, it's hard to argue with success.

I'll put Rick Perry's Job-Creation record up against any other Governor (Or President) in this Country. And guess what? He'll win every time. He created Jobs in Texas while all others lost Millions of Jobs. His only down-side is the Debt. But he's working on that right now. He'll get a hold of that at some point. The GOP should think about going with Perry. I really do respect the man. I guess we'll see where the GOP goes though.

Texas created 1.16 million jobs from 200-2010, while the USA as a whole lost 272,000 over the same period. You can shake and bake that all you want, but those results speak for themselves. There's a reason people and businesses are comng to Texas, while people and businesses are leaving NY, ILL, and CA. Businesses go there to make money, people go there to find a job, although it's also a good retirement state. That's called doing something right politically and economically, it's hard to argue with success.

Are the lions coming together?

Are the lions coming together?

Absolutely. I'm seeing a 10 win season and a playoff spot. Assuming they even play a season this year.

New Topics

Forum List

Back