200 point selloffs - maybe some GOP cands

Maybe the GOP'ers will consider not refusing to raise the debt ceiling, after 200+ down on the Dow.

Why? The debt ceiling vote had nothing to do with the behavior of the stock market today.

News Headlines

This is true. Today was because of the weak ADP jobs number. Also, there was tape painting on May 31 as funds drove up the market to make performance look better that it really was last month. That reversed today. Finally, the stock market has been whistling past the graveyard as of late, with a lot of bad news globally being brushed aside. Sometimes, bad news doesn't matter until it does. Having said that, the market may be setting up for a good rally Friday if the official jobs number isn't a disaster like it was today.

However, if the stock market really thought the US was going to default - not making an interest rate payment and avoiding a long-term solution, not a technical default of an interest payment being a few days late - today will look like a cakewalk compared to what is coming.

The only thing that will keep the 2012 election close is that Romney isn't Reagan.

But Obama is WORSE than Carter.

How?

Are you kidding me? How?

Obama's Economic Policy is not only bad, it is destructive.

His Foreign Policy is Naive, Short Sighted, and Dangerous.

He has shown an incredibly stunning lack of leadership on nearly every major issue. He Dithers, and hesitates. He let Democrats in Congress set the Agenda for 2 years.

He is in perpetual Campaign mode, Far from bringing us together. His Polices, and his Arrogance about them, have divided us like never before in recent times. He is everything thing he told us he was not when he ran. A Hyper Partisan, Ultra Liberal, Liar, and A Typical Politician. Hope and Change? I think not.

Even the Few things I think he did right he has fucked up in one way or another. Like taking action in Libya (which I was for) but waiting to long to do it, and then doing it under such a bloated Coalition that we can't do what needs to be done. not to mention we are not even sure who were supporting.

Then there is getting Osama. Which I of course think is awesome. Then he goes and dumps the body and refuses to show the world proof he is dead. Sparking the Conspiracies and Adding Legend to Osama's appeal to Radical Muslims. Then even worse he goes around acting like he did it himself, says we can't show pics cause that would be spiking the football. Then goes on a damn early campaign tour and spikes that fucker over and over.

Should I go on? At this point I think the better question is HOW do you think He isn't worse than Carter.

lol

Maybe the GOP'ers will consider not refusing to raise the debt ceiling, after 200+ down on the Dow.

Why? The debt ceiling vote had nothing to do with the behavior of the stock market today.

News Headlines

This is true. Today was because of the weak ADP jobs number. Also, there was tape painting on May 31 as funds drove up the market to make performance look better that it really was last month. That reversed today. Finally, the stock market has been whistling past the graveyard as of late, with a lot of bad news globally being brushed aside. Sometimes, bad news doesn't matter until it does. Having said that, the market may be setting up for a good rally Friday if the official jobs number isn't a disaster like it was today.

However, if the stock market really thought the US was going to default - not making an interest rate payment and avoiding a long-term solution, not a technical default of an interest payment being a few days late - today will look like a cakewalk compared to what is coming.

Default is not even an issue until Aug 2nd. Trying to Imply the Stock market today had anything to do with the Vote last night is Pure unadulterated Bull shit of the highest order. The Market is reacting to Horrible economic Figures coming out. The Housing report for example. That shows that housing prices are at their lowest in 9 years, Foreclosures continue to rise, 25% of all sales of Existing Homes are of foreclosed properties.

Food and energy Prices are both Sky rocketing. (but don't worry, the government does not count those when they calculate inflation....shhhhh)

These are the reasons the Market is tanking. Not the damn Symbolic Debt vote.

Forum List

Back