20% of Trump Supporters "disapprove of Lincoln freeing the slaves"

I guess you need proof that water is wet too?

But the GOP regularly, routinely, and with a straight face makes that claim. One Republican recently confronted me and stated the following:

“It was Republicans who beat Democrats in the Civil War, thus freeing the slaves. It was Democrats who started the KKK as its military wing to intimidate the (largely black) Republican party, who were running the south after the war. Can a leopard change its spots?? Are the Democrats now the party FOR the black people after being against them for so long? So many of you are duped by the Devil’s trickery. A few table scraps from massa’s table and you run right back to his side. The Democrat is the racist.”

The above assertion is a prime example of how many Republicans can take a kernel of truth and create a banquet of lies. The truth is, Abraham Lincoln was a Republican, and so was Frederick Douglass and Dr. Martin Luther King. But since the Civil War the Republican and Democratic parties have completely changed their relative political positions, so relative to political philosophy, the modern Republican party bears absolutely no relationship to its predecessor.

Prior to the Civil War the Republican Party was made up of big business interests and Northern aristocrats, and the Democratic Party was made up of Dixiecratics and Southern agrarian interests–farmers and slave owners. Thus, the Republicans were progressive liberals and the Democrats (or Dixiecrats) were Southern conservative slave owners.

But that began to change during the Great Depression when Democratic President, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, ......

A Lesson in Republican Hypocrisy and Distortions - Los Angeles Sentinel

I live in the South for the second time. And the racists are heavily vocal Democrats. You assuming they are "Republicans" is very much in doubt. Saying Republicans are the racists is saying water is wet is only inherently true to pure Democrat partisan bitches.

And there is nothing about fiscally smaller government that is "racist." There is no reason to just make the assumption they all went Republican at all. Well, one reason, that I just mentioned
"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's economic growth and environmental protection, improvements in our educational system."

Although Vice-President Gore's phrasing might have been a bit clumsy (and perhaps self-serving), he was not claiming that he "invented" the Internet in the sense of having designed or implemented it, but rather that he was responsible, in an economic and legislative sense, for fostering the development the technology that we now know as the Internet. To claim that Gore was seriously trying to take credit for the "invention" of the Internet is, frankly, just silly political posturing that arose out of a close presidential campaign. Gore never used the word "invent," and the words "create" and "invent" have distinctly different meanings: the former is used in the sense of "to bring about" or "to bring into existence" while the latter is generally used to signify the first instance of someone's thinking up or implementing an idea.

Internet of Lies

He said "I" meaning he personally did it, not Congress, and he said he "created" it. What the hell do you think it means to create something?

Your lame deflection that created doesn't mean invented sounds good to you? Really?

Point in fact he did not use the term "created" or "I created". Why would you lie about that? The quote is right up there. Just kidding, I know why.........

:lmao:

He didn't say "created" he said he took the initiative in "creating" the internet. OMG, that's funny, you denied it because of the form of the word.

This is why I absolutely love not belonging to either of your useless as shit parties. I don't have to look like a complete and utter stupid bitch like you do trying to defend them. That's classic. he didn't say created, he said creating!!!!! Now that's humor

As usually you pretend to miss the point. What do you think he meant by "I took the initiative in creating..." as opposed to "I created the Internet".

:wtf: Those sentences mean exactly the same thing. You get a bad bag of dog food?

It's been explained to you over and over, you just choose to believe the joke, but you're highly partisan. Nuff said.

I live in the South for the second time. And the racists are heavily vocal Democrats. You assuming they are "Republicans" is very much in doubt. Saying Republicans are the racists is saying water is wet is only inherently true to pure Democrat partisan bitches.

And there is nothing about fiscally smaller government that is "racist." There is no reason to just make the assumption they all went Republican at all. Well, one reason, that I just mentioned
He said "I" meaning he personally did it, not Congress, and he said he "created" it. What the hell do you think it means to create something?

Your lame deflection that created doesn't mean invented sounds good to you? Really?

Point in fact he did not use the term "created" or "I created". Why would you lie about that? The quote is right up there. Just kidding, I know why.........

He didn't say "created" he said he took the initiative in "creating" the internet. OMG, that's funny, you denied it because of the form of the word.

This is why I absolutely love not belonging to either of your useless as shit parties. I don't have to look like a complete and utter stupid bitch like you do trying to defend them. That's classic. he didn't say created, he said creating!!!!! Now that's humor

As usually you pretend to miss the point. What do you think he meant by "I took the initiative in creating..." as opposed to "I created the Internet".

:wtf: Those sentences mean exactly the same thing. You get a bad bag of dog food?

It's been explained to you over and over, you just choose to believe the joke, but you're highly partisan. Nuff said.

Bull, you're just pushing the spin. I've worked in the internet since the 80s. Gore's comment he created it was stupid on every level.

I do like the little tiny world your brain can process. You see, there are Republicans and Democrats. That's it. So to criticize a Democrat is supporting the Republicans.

One day you should drop acid and ponder the paradox of not being a Republican or a Democrat ... at the same time ... whhhhoooooaaaaaaaaa. Is that a mind fuck or what?

Simpleton

Last edited:
https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/ctucuikdsj/econToplines.pdf

Nearly 20 percent of Trump’s supporters disapprove of Lincoln freeing the slaves

Question 49

5% of people strongly disapprove of freeing the slaves.

8% slightly disapprove.

Isn't that just a little scary?

Sounds about right. The idea that you're going to scare Americans into voting for you only works with simple minded fools like Trump Supporters.

Republicans are going to take your social security checks, they're going to take your health care! You can't get a job because you're a woman/black/... and Republicans aren't protecting you from discrimination! Let people have guns and they'll start shooting you in the street! Republicans hate the environment and you're going to have acid rain fall on you! Evil corporations will make you buy their products! They are trying to steal your money!

It always cracks me up when leftists talk about Republicans trying to "scare" you

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/ctucuikdsj/econToplines.pdf

Nearly 20 percent of Trump’s supporters disapprove of Lincoln freeing the slaves

Question 49

8% slightly disapprove.

Sounds about right. The idea that you're going to scare Americans into voting for you only works with simple minded fools like Trump Supporters.

Republicans are going to take your social security checks
GWB did want to make SS a private type of covenant where your money would be invested in the Stock Market. About 6 months later, the Stock Market suffered its largest one day loss ever. So true.

, they're going to take your health care!
They voted to repeal the ACA something like 72 times now. So true.

You can't get a job because you're a woman/black/

All of the above are also against Affirmative Action.

Did you have a point other than supporting mine?

Bull, you're just pushing the spin. I've worked in the internet since the 80s. Gore's comment he created it was stupid on every level.

I do like the little tiny world your brain can process. You see, there are Republicans and Democrats. That's it. So to criticize a Democrat is supporting the Republicans.

One day you should drop acid and ponder the paradox of not being a Republican or a Democrat ... at the same time ... whhhhoooooaaaaaaaaa. Is that a mind fuck or what?

Simpleton

Al Gore, the 45th Vice President of the United States, was a key proponent of sponsoring legislation that funded the expansion of and greater public access to the Internet. Instrumental in helping to create the “Information Superhighway,” Gore was one of the first government officials to recognize that the Internet’s impact could reach beyond academia to fuel educational and economic growth as well.

Gore’s interest in computers dates back to the 1970s when he was a Congressman, where he had a reputation for being an “Atari Democrat.” He created the High-Performance Computing and Communications Act of 1991 (the Gore Bill), which allocated $600 million for high performance computing and helped create the NREN (National Research and Educational Network). In addition, the Gore Bill created the National Information Infrastructure (NII) also known as the Information Superhighway.

- See more at: Al Gore | Internet Hall of Fame

Question 49

8% slightly disapprove.

GWB did want to make SS a private type of covenant where your money would be invested in the Stock Market. About 6 months later, the Stock Market suffered its largest one day loss ever. So true.

Ignoring that your answers are butt stupid, you didn't address my point

Question 49

8% slightly disapprove.

They are all 100% true. You know this (or any adult should know this). But keep on telling yourself fairy tales about history....ignorance is bliss.

What was your point? I'm sure they make special hats for it.

Al Gore, the 45th Vice President of the United States, was a key proponent of sponsoring legislation that funded the expansion of and greater public access to the Internet. Instrumental in helping to create the “Information Superhighway,” Gore was one of the first government officials to recognize that the Internet’s impact could reach beyond academia to fuel educational and economic growth as well

Wow, it took Gore that long? Government employees are slow, aren't they? I was a software architect in the late 80s and early 90s where I designed distributed processing applications across the internet. Corporations were extensively using the power of the internet long before Al Gore or the government got involved.

All Al Gore did was get the government to regulate and spend more money expanding bandwidth. To call that "creating the Internet" is ridiculous. And he didn't even use his own money. He just threw other people's money at it. And again, the creator of the internet actually meant he created the web, the internet had been around over 30 years at that point.

Yeah, to claim to have created the internet based on that is retarded and he totally deserves to be mocked for that

Question 49

8% slightly disapprove.

They are all 100% true. You know this (or any adult should know this). But keep on telling yourself fairy tales about history....ignorance is bliss.

They are complete lies. The Republican party's not against social security at all, that's something I regularly argue with Republicans on. They even believe the delusion there is a trust fund. Women can actually get jobs without the assistance of government. There was insurance before the ACA. You're a ridiculous person.

They are complete lies. The Republican party's not against social security at all, that's something I regularly argue with Republicans on. They even believe the delusion there is a trust fund. Women can actually get jobs without the assistance of government. There was insurance before the ACA. You're a ridiculous person.

Bush was in favor of reforming it: fact.
He wanted you to invest your SS money in the stock market: Fact
The GOP has voted to repeal the ACA 70+ times I believe: Fact
Republicans voted against AA regular. Fact
Republicans voted against the LLFPA Fact

That you're on the other side of the facts speaks volumes. Why you choose to lie, continue to lie, and call others liars is a mental disorder. Fact.

Al Gore, the 45th Vice President of the United States, was a key proponent of sponsoring legislation that funded the expansion of and greater public access to the Internet. Instrumental in helping to create the “Information Superhighway,” Gore was one of the first government officials to recognize that the Internet’s impact could reach beyond academia to fuel educational and economic growth as well

Wow, it took Gore that long? Government employees are slow, aren't they? I was a software architect in the late 80s and early 90s where I designed distributed processing applications across the internet. Corporations were extensively using the power of the internet long before Al Gore or the government got involved.

All Al Gore did was get the government to regulate and spend more money expanding bandwidth. To call that "creating the Internet" is ridiculous. And he didn't even use his own money. He just threw other people's money at it. And again, the creator of the internet actually meant he created the web, the internet had been around over 30 years at that point.

Yeah, to claim to have created the internet based on that is retarded and he totally deserves to be mocked for that

Yet in the IT field he is not mocked because his contributions were essential to the internet we have today. The only people who really mock hi contributions are partisans who think insulting the opposition is an acceptable form of debate.

That you're on the other side of the facts speaks volumes. Why you choose to lie, continue to lie, and call others liars is a mental disorder. Fact.

Bush wasn't going to force your money into the stock market, you could have kept it in T-bills. And if you had invested in the stock market, you would have lost a bunch of it then gotten it back. Which is ... how the market works. I mean duh

Yet in the IT field he is not mocked because his contributions were essential to the internet we have today. The only people who really mock hi contributions are partisans who think insulting the opposition is an acceptable form of debate.

Bull, everyone mocks him for thinking he invented the internet. I've never heard anyone defend that, even liberal IT people. They defend him for other things, but not for inventing the internet, no one in IT thinks he did that.

Did you read my post? I told you I'm an IT guy. In the 80s to mid 90s I was technical, then I was in IT management until I got my MBA, since then I do IT management consulting and own a business. You don't know what you're talking about

Bull, everyone mocks him for thinking he invented the internet. I've never heard anyone defend that, even liberal IT people. They defend him for other things, but not for inventing the internet, no one in IT thinks he did that.

He didn't think or say he invented it. He was instrumental in its creation, but he never said he created it.

Internet of Lies

red.gif

Bush wasn't going to force your money into the stock market, you could have kept it in T-bills. And if you had invested in the stock market, you would have lost a bunch of it then gotten it back. Which is ... how the market works. I mean duh

Of course...in the mean time have another can of cat food waiting for the market to go back up (if it does) while you recall what that dependable monthly check looked like with yearning...

#TWTR

He didn't think or say he invented it. He was instrumental in its creation, but he never said he created it.

Internet of Lies

red.gif

Yeah, he did say he created it. I've already presented the quote enough times, see if you can find it. Liar

Of course...in the mean time have another can of cat food waiting for the market to go back up (if it does) while you recall what that dependable monthly check looked like with yearning...

#TWTR

If you need money in the short term to live, you shouldn't invest it in the stock market. Again, that would have been a choice made by the individual, as a private account, you could have put the money in T-bills, it was your choice. Again the anti-choice left speaks.

And you would have had money. Now you're saving nothing, social security has no assets other than the government's ability to plunder your children for you later

Internet of Lies

red.gif

Yeah, he did say he created it. I've already presented the quote enough times, see if you can find it. Liar

Although Vice-President Gore's phrasing might have been a bit clumsy (and perhaps self-serving), he was not claiming that he "invented" the Internet in the sense of having designed or implemented it, but rather that he was responsible, in an economic and legislative sense, for fostering the development the technology that we now know as the Internet.

To claim that Gore was seriously trying to take credit for the "invention" of the Internet is, frankly, just silly political posturing that arose out of a close presidential campaign. Gore never used the word "invent," and the words "create" and "invent" have distinctly different meanings: the former is used in the sense of "to bring about" or "to bring into existence" while the latter is generally used to signify the first instance of someone's thinking up or implementing an idea.

Did you read my post? I told you I'm an IT guy. In the 80s to mid 90s I was technical, then I was in IT management until I got my MBA, since then I do IT management consulting and own a business. You don't know what you're talking about

Like I said only partisans say Gore claimed have invented the internet just like partisans say Palin claimed she can see Russia from her house. Obviously you've convinced me.

Forum List

Back