20% Of Democrats Agree They May Have To Take Up Arms Against The Government

civil-war-bone-spurs.jpg
In what units did Biden serve?

LOL, first of all I'm opposed to authoritarianism...
Bullshit. You're perfectly fine with it if you get to point out who goes to the camps.
...and as to calling me a "dirtbag" is an example of an ad hominem and not an intelligent response to my post.
Your posts don't deserve anything else.
Secondly, anyone who continues to support trump is an idiot, anti democracy in America and a far right winger. And yet they claim to be a patriot, that's absurd.
The problem is you're patriotic for a country which never existed: The United Soviet States of Amerika.

But you're doing everything you can (except getting your hands dirty) to bring it about.

I'm tired of hearing about Republicans attacking our democracy and wanting to take democracy away, implying that Democrats wouldn't do the very same thing if voting didn't go their way. It's likely Republicans will take back the House after the 2022 elections and, even if they don't get the Senate, they have a great shot at taking over that as well in 2024. Add to that mix that Trump actually leads Biden in a hypothetical match up in 2024 and the Supreme Court already has a 6-3 Conservative majority. So, what would democrats do if by 2024 Republicans took over the presidency (with Trump nonetheless), owned both the House and the Senate, and retained their Supreme Court majority? From this survey, we know that at least 20% of Democrats would feel it necessary to take up arms against the government, meaning they feel an insurrection would be just fine.

Twenty-eight percent of all voters, including 37 percent of gun owners, agreed “it may be necessary at some point soon for citizens to take up arms against the government,” a view held by around 35 percent of Republicans and around 35 percent of Independents. One in five Democrats concurred.

I thought democrats didn't believe in guns. I do... and I won't be taking up arms against the government. Guess what I'm hunting?

University of Chicago? Isn't (former) domestic terrorist Bill Ayers a professor? Is it fair to make sweeping political assumptions over a poll of 1000 voters especially in the Chicago area? Of course Yahoo news sensationalizes the "results" by using the word "soon" that isn't included in the poll.

I'm tired of hearing about Republicans attacking our democracy and wanting to take democracy away, implying that Democrats wouldn't do the very same thing if voting didn't go their way. It's likely Republicans will take back the House after the 2022 elections and, even if they don't get the Senate, they have a great shot at taking over that as well in 2024. Add to that mix that Trump actually leads Biden in a hypothetical match up in 2024 and the Supreme Court already has a 6-3 Conservative majority. So, what would democrats do if by 2024 Republicans took over the presidency (with Trump nonetheless), owned both the House and the Senate, and retained their Supreme Court majority? From this survey, we know that at least 20% of Democrats would feel it necessary to take up arms against the government, meaning they feel an insurrection would be just fine.

Twenty-eight percent of all voters, including 37 percent of gun owners, agreed “it may be necessary at some point soon for citizens to take up arms against the government,” a view held by around 35 percent of Republicans and around 35 percent of Independents. One in five Democrats concurred.

You’re talking about murder of your fellow Americans

My God

What has happened to Republicans

Last edited:

Forum List

Back