$20,000,000,000,000.00 Decit...What is Hillary's Plan to REDUCE it?

I used to live in McAllen, TX, which is right on the border. Every weekend after the mall stores closed the whole parking lot was full of boxes in which products had been bought, and the boxes discarded. I asked someone about it, and was told that Mexicans come over, buy stuff, take it out of the boxes, and then drive it back across the border, claiming that it was old stuff that they owned before they entered the USA. That way, they did not have to pay tariffs. The next weekend, I drove by, and saw a guy swinging a new gold club next to the parking lot in the grass, to make it look used.

Tariffs will solve everything!

So you saying GM and Ford is going to hire Mexicans to drive their new cars across the border to avoid paying taxes?

No. Ford is paying absolutely no attention to Trump's threats, because they know that he is full of shit. They have been building Fords in Mexico for over a decade, and a trainload of them come up the Cruz River Valley railroad near my house every other night. The plants are now automated, and the jobs are not coming back. There hasn't been a TV manufactured in the USA for decades.

So if Trump does his plans where he makes a huge 50% import tax that isn't going to force companies to bring the jobs back?

Trump is not going to put a tariff on anything. Only congress can do that, and their constituencies, who own Ford stock, including me, will not tolerate it. Ford does much more business in the rest of the world than they do in the USA. Chrysler is closing down ALL of their USA manufacturing WITHOUT a tariff.

Sorry we as a nation bailed those fucking loser automobile manufacturers out. If they don't want to get with the program and have plants in the US? Fuck'm. Raise the tariffs so high a new company will open, with American made cars.

There ARE no American Made cars. The headlights were built in Malaysia. The fuel injector was but in South Korea. The transmission was assembled in Mexico. The headliner was made in the Philippines......

Having business that can be taxed has no advantages?

When I was a young man, unskilled people in the USA built cars and mined coal, or made steel. Now other countries do that with robots that we build. We also build computer operating systems and weapons of war. If people can't get with the program, they are going to be left behind

So you are saying we need a smarter workforce? More people that go to college? More people might go to college if they could afford it? Sounds like Bernie Sanders needs to be running for President...

He did. Remember?

No, he ran to be the Democratic candidate, and got screwed by the party.

Just like Obama got screwed by the party in '08'. :oops-28: You made up a conspiracy that is entirely ridiculous. :oops-28:

I did? I guess you haven't read the emails that got hacked from the DNC. Sanders never had a chance.

Hillary Clinton on the issues

All tried and failed.
No tariffs to diminish the profits gained by leaving America.
Job training but not forcing companies in any way whatever to hire Americans.
Raising taxes on the rich...so they'll leave the US even sooner.

Somebody please explain to me how all of a sudden Directors and CEOs are going to be MOVED by these programs to all of a sudden love Americans and make America prosper.

Why? Why should you or any American citizen be concerned with the national debt? It is a debt owed by the government and as long as there is confidence in the American economy, which as of now is the strongest economy in the world, then you nor any other person will ever be troubled by the debt.

So you saying GM and Ford is going to hire Mexicans to drive their new cars across the border to avoid paying taxes?

No. Ford is paying absolutely no attention to Trump's threats, because they know that he is full of shit. They have been building Fords in Mexico for over a decade, and a trainload of them come up the Cruz River Valley railroad near my house every other night. The plants are now automated, and the jobs are not coming back. There hasn't been a TV manufactured in the USA for decades.

So if Trump does his plans where he makes a huge 50% import tax that isn't going to force companies to bring the jobs back?

Trump is not going to put a tariff on anything. Only congress can do that, and their constituencies, who own Ford stock, including me, will not tolerate it. Ford does much more business in the rest of the world than they do in the USA. Chrysler is closing down ALL of their USA manufacturing WITHOUT a tariff.

Sorry we as a nation bailed those fucking loser automobile manufacturers out. If they don't want to get with the program and have plants in the US? Fuck'm. Raise the tariffs so high a new company will open, with American made cars.

There ARE no American Made cars. The headlights were built in Malaysia. The fuel injector was but in South Korea. The transmission was assembled in Mexico. The headliner was made in the Philippines......

That's not going to stop a new company from popping up. Do you remember Saturn? And how their whole thing was that the entire car was made in the US?

All tried and failed.

Somebody please explain to me how all of a sudden Directors and CEOs are going to be MOVED by these programs to all of a sudden love Americans and make America prosper.

Why? Why should you or any American citizen be concerned with the national debt? It is a debt owed by the government and as long as there is confidence in the American economy, which as of now is the strongest economy in the world, then you nor any other person will ever be troubled by the debt.
So both candidates are bringing up a non-issue?

When I was a young man, unskilled people in the USA built cars and mined coal, or made steel. Now other countries do that with robots that we build. We also build computer operating systems and weapons of war. If people can't get with the program, they are going to be left behind

So you are saying we need a smarter workforce? More people that go to college? More people might go to college if they could afford it? Sounds like Bernie Sanders needs to be running for President...

He did. Remember?

Just like Obama got screwed by the party in '08'. :oops-28: You made up a conspiracy that is entirely ridiculous. :oops-28:

I did? I guess you haven't read the emails that got hacked from the DNC. Sanders never had a chance.

Nope. I haven't read them. Did you read the emails that go hacked from the DNC back in 2008 when Hillary Clinton was running against Barrack Obama? Obama never had a chance against Hillary.

He did. Remember?

Nope. I haven't read them. Did you read the emails that go hacked from the DNC back in 2008 when Hillary Clinton was running against Barrack Obama? Obama never had a chance against Hillary.

Uh, yeah, you're drunk. either that or you have a serious problem with denial.

Oh it was over before it started. Bernie never had a chance.

Duh! Even Bernie Sanders knew that.

Obama didn't have a chance in 2008 either.

Are you drunk?

I'm using your same logic but applying it to the 2008 Democratic Primary. Why do I have to be drunk in order to apply your own logic? Is your logic that fucked up that it requires consumption of alcohol?

I don't get what you are saying. Are you saying that only drunk people think the way you do?

He did. Remember?

Uh, yeah, you're drunk. either that or you have a serious problem with denial.
It's the Mexican liquor.
I think his sarcasm is falling a bit flat.

Are you drunk?

I'm using your same logic but applying it to the 2008 Democratic Primary. Why do I have to be drunk in order to apply your own logic? Is your logic that fucked up that it requires consumption of alcohol?

I don't get what you are saying. Are you saying that only drunk people think the way you do?

Mine isn't logic. DWS lost her position as the DNC chair because of the emails that showed her steering the party in favor of Hillary. No such thing happened in 2008. You aren't using logic, you're just being an asshole. There is a huge difference there.

All tried and failed.

Raise taxes on the wealthy.

They pay their fair share.

Are you drunk?

Hillary's vision of "Politically Correct" in 2008 was off.

All tried and failed.

Raise taxes on the wealthy.

They pay their fair share.
I agree.
I want escalating tariffs first to bring back the businesses and then downward escalating taxes on the rich.
If they want to leave they pay a BIG fine.

All tried and failed.

So both candidates are bringing up a non-issue?

It has been a political issue for decades, and will be one for decades to come. But the reality is, it really makes no difference as long as the US economy continues to be a going concern. If you get a job paying you $1000 per week, and you borrow $300,000 for a new house, as long as you keep working the debt is not an issue. It only becomes a problem when you have no income. The US economy is the strongest in the world and investors all over the world line up to loan us money.

That's not going to stop a new company from popping up. Do you remember Saturn? And how their whole thing was that the entire car was made in the US?

...while is now no longer produced.....

Forum List

Back