$20,000,000,000,000.00 Decit...What is Hillary's Plan to REDUCE it?

I used to live in McAllen, TX, which is right on the border. Every weekend after the mall stores closed the whole parking lot was full of boxes in which products had been bought, and the boxes discarded. I asked someone about it, and was told that Mexicans come over, buy stuff, take it out of the boxes, and then drive it back across the border, claiming that it was old stuff that they owned before they entered the USA. That way, they did not have to pay tariffs. The next weekend, I drove by, and saw a guy swinging a new gold club next to the parking lot in the grass, to make it look used.

Tariffs will solve everything!

So you saying GM and Ford is going to hire Mexicans to drive their new cars across the border to avoid paying taxes?

No. Ford is paying absolutely no attention to Trump's threats, because they know that he is full of shit. They have been building Fords in Mexico for over a decade, and a trainload of them come up the Cruz River Valley railroad near my house every other night. The plants are now automated, and the jobs are not coming back. There hasn't been a TV manufactured in the USA for decades.
Having business that can be taxed has no advantages?

When I was a young man, unskilled people in the USA built cars and mined coal, or made steel. Now other countries do that with robots that we build. We also build computer operating systems and weapons of war. If people can't get with the program, they are going to be left behind

So you are saying we need a smarter workforce? More people that go to college? More people might go to college if they could afford it? Sounds like Bernie Sanders needs to be running for President...

In view of the fact that the depression was world wide, and not restricted to the USA, I guess I would have to disagree.
Was it Global because WE are the consumers?

The industrialized nations where all charging retaliatory tariffs, from the Far East, to the USA to Europe. Germany probably suffered worse than we did, and we did not do much business with them.
Japan and Germany still protect their workers.
Are they doing so much worse than the US?

link, please.
You are saying that Japan and Germany outsource to other nations and bring in Business Visas?

Japan and Germany tax their corporations much more than we do, and DON'T saddle them with the expense of employee health insurance. As Mercedes Benz automates, Heinrich loses his job, too, and starts selling sausage at the local beer garden.

I used to live in McAllen, TX, which is right on the border. Every weekend after the mall stores closed the whole parking lot was full of boxes in which products had been bought, and the boxes discarded. I asked someone about it, and was told that Mexicans come over, buy stuff, take it out of the boxes, and then drive it back across the border, claiming that it was old stuff that they owned before they entered the USA. That way, they did not have to pay tariffs. The next weekend, I drove by, and saw a guy swinging a new gold club next to the parking lot in the grass, to make it look used.

So you saying GM and Ford is going to hire Mexicans to drive their new cars across the border to avoid paying taxes?

No. Ford is paying absolutely no attention to Trump's threats, because they know that he is full of shit. They have been building Fords in Mexico for over a decade, and a trainload of them come up the Cruz River Valley railroad near my house every other night. The plants are now automated, and the jobs are not coming back. There hasn't been a TV manufactured in the USA for decades.

So if Trump does his plans where he makes a huge 50% import tax that isn't going to force companies to bring the jobs back?

Trump is not going to put a tariff on anything. Only congress can do that, and their constituencies, who own Ford stock, including me, will not tolerate it. Ford does much more business in the rest of the world than they do in the USA. Chrysler is closing down ALL of their USA manufacturing WITHOUT a tariff.

Sorry we as a nation bailed those fucking loser automobile manufacturers out. If they don't want to get with the program and have plants in the US? Fuck'm. Raise the tariffs so high a new company will open, with American made cars.

So if Trump does his plans where he makes a huge 50% import tax that isn't going to force companies to bring the jobs back?

Trump is not going to put a tariff on anything. Only congress can do that, and their constituencies, who own Ford stock, including me, will not tolerate it. Ford does much more business in the rest of the world than they do in the USA. Chrysler is closing down ALL of their USA manufacturing WITHOUT a tariff.

Tariffs are so 1800's.

Milton Friedman doesn't blame tariffs for The Great Depression; he blames the gubmint for not printing more money to make up for excessive offshore investing.

In view of the fact that the depression was world wide, and not restricted to the USA, I guess I would have to disagree.

The industrialized nations where all charging retaliatory tariffs, from the Far East, to the USA to Europe. Germany probably suffered worse than we did, and we did not do much business with them.

link, please.
I converse with Computer people in Europe and they are not being replaced by Indian H1-Bs and neither are other professionals.
I can not find a Link on Japan outsourcing many industries.

When I was a young man, unskilled people in the USA built cars and mined coal, or made steel. Now other countries do that with robots that we build. We also build computer operating systems and weapons of war. If people can't get with the program, they are going to be left behind

So you are saying we need a smarter workforce? More people that go to college? More people might go to college if they could afford it? Sounds like Bernie Sanders needs to be running for President...

He did. Remember?

Don't know about that. I worked my way through college, with no help. My daughter had help from me, but she still worked all the way through.

Tariffs are so 1800's.
I think some of your opinions are due to you relying on your Stock Portfolio.

He did. Remember?

No, he ran to be the Democratic candidate, and got screwed by the party.

He did. Remember?
Hillary bought the Super Delegates pretty early on.

link, please.
I converse with Computer people in Europe and they are not being replaced by Indian H1-Bs and neither are other professionals.

...and I don't know a single computer coder who lost his job to a foreign national, myself.

Tariffs are so 1800's.

I honestly don't think the United States has used tariffs very much in the 20th century and not at all in the 21st century. Maybe somebody knows more about it than me but I don't think tariffs are used all that much today.

link, please.
You are saying that Japan and Germany outsource to other nations and bring in Business Visas?

Japan and Germany tax their corporations much more than we do, and DON'T saddle them with the expense of employee health insurance. As Mercedes Benz automates, Heinrich loses his job, too, and starts selling sausage at the local beer garden.
Most European nations do and they don't have millions of people with advanced degrees pumping coffee.

link, please.

...and I don't know a single computer coder who lost his job to a foreign national, myself.
How many do you know?
And what's their age range?
What language do they code in?
In NY and NJ, the hot bed of H1-Bs, the profession has been devastated.

He did. Remember?

You're right. I forgot about that. It looks like Lewdog isn't the only one being forgetful tonight. I'm forgetful too. I forgot that Hillary bought the Super Delegates early on. How could I forget that?

Tariffs are so 1800's.

I honestly don't think the United States has used tariffs very much in the 20th century and not at all in the 21st century. Maybe somebody knows more about it than me but I don't think tariffs are used all that much today.
We are no longer a nation.
Maybe we should just be satisfied with that fact.

He did. Remember?

You're right. I forgot about that. It looks like Lewdog isn't the only one being forgetful tonight. I'm forgetful too. I forgot that Hillary bought the Super Delegates early on. How could I forget that?
Because it happened so quickly.

He did. Remember?

No, he ran to be the Democratic candidate, and got screwed by the party.

Just like Obama got screwed by the party in '08'. :oops-28: You made up a conspiracy that is entirely ridiculous. :oops-28:

He did. Remember?

Oh it was over before it started. Bernie never had a chance.

He did. Remember?

That's probably the reason I forgot about it.

Forum List

Back