What is the American dream to you?

My life. I've worked hard and played hard now for a little over 50 years. Started working at 12 with a paper route. Kids don't have those anymore do they?
I don’t know if kids still have paper routes these days. But that’s a wonderful thing. The life you were able to live well many Americans in our country don’t have that opportunity. With inflation at where it’s at the price of homes, the average price of a home has gone from 250,000 to 350,000 in just three years. This is something that is shocking. So it’s hard for people to attain the American dream like you did it like my dad did.

My dad, my grandpa and uncle were all able to get a factory job right out of high school that set them for life working at a steel plant and an auto plant so it’s not really a factory job. These are real legitimate jobs that built America. That’s why we have the best bridges in the world the best skyscrapers in the best buildings in the world. At least we did for sometime.

And so today that type of situation that my dad and other relatives and other people on the US message board, got to have it impossible for huge swaths of Americans

And those who say isn’t a good that we have cheese products in America in mash consumerism. Well, that’s not good at all. It’s literally turning us into a second world country and we’re on the verge of actually becoming a third world country. So it’s a terrible thing that Amazon has these cheap products and they pay their truck drivers a garbage wage with no union no benefits. No 401(k).

Maybe RFK Junior is the Democrat who will bring back the middle class. And we need to think of innovative ways to bring back middle class jobs to replace the millions of factory jobs we lost. If it’s true clean energy so be it that’s fine just bring the jobs back. We have bad leader ship and we have a bad government right now. We had a horrible government in the great depression and we’re getting to that point these days unless something is done about it.

I don’t know if kids still have paper routes these days. But that’s a wonderful thing. The life you were able to live well many Americans in our country don’t have that opportunity. With inflation at where it’s at the price of homes, the average price of a home has gone from 250,000 to 350,000 in just three years. This is something that is shocking. So it’s hard for people to attain the American dream like you did it like my dad did.
Well my dad was in the service during the Korean war. He got out of the Podunk town we were born in after getting a degree on the GI Bill. He started out hustling jugs in the field on a seismic crew. Worked his way in to leading the field crew and finally promoted to the big corporate office in Shreveport La. Where it just so happened he qualified for a home loan in a brand new sub-division along a newly built highway. But as corporate life goes he got transfer up North To Tulsa! Where oddly enough he was able to purchase a nearly new home in a very new subdivision, where all his kids grew up. Not everyone was so lucky back then and even less so now.

My first house cost me $34,500 back in 1975. According to the Inflation Calculator I found on the internet, that equals around $200,000 these days.

That house today would probably sell for around $375,000 or so.

It’s those far left-wing US message board posters they want the USA to turn into Canada or even Cuba.. Either they live in the Rich suburbs or they’re on drugs all the time or their wannabes and they do anything the celebrities, the media, and the neocons tell them to do. They would also be the first people to run away if a draft occurred again in our country.

Left wingers on the US message board can never formulate any arguments, so they personally attack people. Perhaps that’s their way of coping with their very odd and bizarre lifestyle? Who knows it’s all very interesting
You think Jan 6th was a picnic with a few people that got rowdy. You dont live in reality.

My dad, my grandpa and uncle were all able to get a factory job right out of high school that set them for life working at a steel plant and an auto plant so it’s not really a factory job. These are real legitimate jobs that built America. That’s why we have the best bridges in the world the best skyscrapers in the best buildings in the world. At least we did for sometime.

And so today that type of situation that my dad and other relatives and other people on the US message board, got to have it impossible for huge swaths of Americans

And those who say isn’t a good that we have cheese products in America in mash consumerism. Well, that’s not good at all. It’s literally turning us into a second world country and we’re on the verge of actually becoming a third world country. So it’s a terrible thing that Amazon has these cheap products and they pay their truck drivers a garbage wage with no union no benefits. No 401(k).

Maybe RFK Junior is the Democrat who will bring back the middle class. And we need to think of innovative ways to bring back middle class jobs to replace the millions of factory jobs we lost. If it’s true clean energy so be it that’s fine just bring the jobs back. We have bad leader ship and we have a bad government right now. We had a horrible government in the great depression and we’re getting to that point these days unless something is done about it.
RFK is a nut job, so of course you like him.

Life, liberty and pursuit of happiness
Don’t need a bunch of virtuous feely fucks tying my hands “for my own good”

My first house cost me $34,500 back in 1975. According to the Inflation Calculator I found on the internet, that equals around $200,000 these days.

That house today would probably sell for around $375,000 or so.
Real estate has been wonderful and congrats
Got my first in 1977 for 31,900, sold it in 1997 for $275,000 and bought next one for 319,000 and sold that in 2006 for $498,000 and paid cash on a rehab job for $380k and put about 60k into it and no mortgage and valued over 700k now.
Discipline and motivation gets you a lot further than self pity oozing from every pore snd blaming others for your failure.

RFK is a nut job, so of course you like him.
RFK is a great American.

I don’t see many democrats, talking about helping the middle class. They are talking about race, division, cancel culture in this type of nonsense.

Calm down with the personal attacks man. What do you expect people to return your anger with more anger. Ain’t gunna happen with me brother. God be with you.

RFK is a great American.

I don’t see many democrats, talking about helping the middle class. They are talking about race, division, cancel culture in this type of nonsense.

Calm down with the personal attacks man. What do you expect people to return your anger with more anger. Ain’t gunna happen with me brother. God be with you.
Evidently you didnt see Dark Brandon's takedown of MTG regarding the middle class. Why do you think I'm angry just because I said RFK is a nut job (which he is). I think you're an idiot. Why would I waste energy getting upset at your kind. I'm laughing at you. What's wrong with you?

We get it. RFK is right up your alley with all the conspiracy theory nonsense. You people (and I use that term loosely with your kind) are sick in the head.

You dummies thrive on cancel culture. You forget about Bud Light, the NFL, NBA, and multiple movies?

Bad version of Ric Flair
wrong again. one hopes you're playing and not...

maxresdefault.jpg

So what’s the American dream to you?

To have the opportunity to pursue happiness with freedom.

To succeed or fail based upon my own merits and efforts. To make my own decisions which affect my fate.

These dreams of mine, about inalienable rights, were nearly shattered during Biden's handling of COVID.

Forced lockdowns.
Mandatory curfews.
Mask mandates.
Social distancing mandates.
Schools closed.
Vaccine mandates.
COVID testing mandates.

It was pure tyranny, and I fought it every step of the way.

Unfortunately, it seems the American Dream is unattainable for most Americans under Democrat rule. They won't even let you pick your own light bulb beginning Tuesday.

Here is a very informative worker from a working class guy. From Pedro Santiago. Here’s a guy who is making the Spanish conquistadors. The great Spaniards of history Very proud that’s for Damn sure. There’s a modern day conquistador in Pedro Santiago.

For many people perhaps the American dream is what we saw in the 1950s just as Pedro talked about. Being able to get a home with a white picket fence a single-family home. A marriage a dog a few kids. Back in those days in workin class Guy could have a good middle class job out of high school, and his wife didn’t even have to work. He could send his kids to college.

But just as Pedro says right now in our country as we speak, it is impossible for huge masses of Americans to afford a house. Inflation is out of control. People don’t have pensions like they used to. The jobs aren’t what they used to be. The politicians are not what they used to be. And even much of the American population is lazy weak they’re not willing to protest and do the right things. The jobs aren’t what they used to be. The politicians are not what they used to be. And even much of the American population is lazy week they’re not willing to protest and do the right things. They’ll put on a mask at the drop of an instant. But there are those who say no …we’re not gonna take it, and I think that portion of America is growing.

So is the American dream today simply being able to not be homeless???. Accepting a low class wage renting an apartment for the rest of your life and never being able to afford a home. Is that with the American dream is?

My take …Man, those older Americans who grew up in the 50s and 60s had it made. And they built a great country and look at how Corrupt CEOs the corrupt government officials are not looking out for the middle class like they used to. When you have government officials, including Republicans, but mostly Democrats hyping up race division for absolutely no reason when there is no racism in this country. When those same politicians, ain’t doing a damn thing for the middle class. Well that’s a wake up call.

The American dream to me it’s just what Pedro said being able to get that white picket fence house. Be able to take care of your wife, so she doesn’t have to work at all. Be able to send your kids to college.

But I suppose, for some people in the US government, they wanna tell Americans to be happy to be stoned on drugs all the time, take your drugs fly some stupid flag outside your house that’s not the American flag. Be happy to live in a tiny apartment for the rest of your life. ….Well, I don’t think the American people are gonna stand for that.

So what’s the American dream to you?

It's being able to get out of school and get a job, own a house, being able to provide for a wife and children, and take them on a vacation once a year or so.

All on your own income. And if you save, you can have even more. :aargh:

1-2 vehicles per household + a boat or RV or toy or whatever.

I don't think it's as readily available in today's America.

It still is for me, somehow, but I doubt it is for those coming up today.

Matter of fact I talked to a dude yesterday, and housing is costing him over 2 weeks of his work per month.

It never was like that before in America for 200+ years.

Yes, I talk to people, I am very vocal and not shy.

Forum List

Back