2-yr-old girl, mother mauled by pit bull as mother tries to fight with her bare hands

If the mother had had a handgun nearby, and had practiced with it, the fight with the dog would have been over a lot sooner, and very likely the injuries would have been a lot less.

Get real. A woman in a highly stressful position such as this would probably have been too jittery to fire with any chance of hitting the dog. She'd either miss or hit the kid.
Only a very well trained person with the right mental state would manage a kill shot.

The answer here is, get rid of these pointlessly vicious animals.
None do any good and way too many attack.
Boxers have been know to attack but very rarely, pit bull and similar do it a lot.
The breed exists to kill.

The fact that everyone is side stepping is not that any old dog may be agressive or even attack and bite, it is that when a pitbull loses it, he/she hangs on with a vicious, insane fury and rips the victim apart, often causing horrendous injury or death, especially to the weakest and most vulnerable, i.e. young children. People go on and on defending these dogs and saying what little dears theyare, until one attacks one of their own, when it is too late for victim, who is most likely an innocent young child.

Thats why anyone that gets a breed of dog capable of doing severe damage should have mandatory training before they are allowed to purchase the dog.

It is not a matter of them having 'mandatory training.' People with small or young children in the home, or the elderly, should not have any type of dog in the house for which you need special training to keep it under control. The problem especially with pit bulls is that they are powder kegs that could go off at any time. The keg may never go off, but if it does, it means near or complete destruction, and the victim is usually the most vulnerable, the young or the elderly. Anyone who keeps a pit bull in the home and has elderly people or young people in the home is an irresponsible, negligent, stupid person. It doesn't matter how often pit bulls attack someone; it is the nature of the attack that is the problem. It is always an attack that ends in severe tragedy.

The dog doesn't need special training. The humans do. Like I said earlier, its not just pits. With any dog that is capable of inflicting severe damage the owner should be required to take a class on spotting issues with stability, their breeds tendencies, and the responsibilities as an owner of any dog. Any dog can be a powder keg ready to go off if it is unstable, has been abused, or allowed to think it runs the home. Any dog large enough can kill a child or an elderly person. A dog is like a gun in many ways. If you are irresponsible with it someone can get hurt or killed. I'll ask you the same question. Have you ever owned a pit bull or are you speaking from media hype as well?

Some teacher was "impressed" with your dog?

Negro please :lol:

She was impressed with more than just that. Dont be mad because you are a pasty piece of trailer park trash white boy that cant get a date. :lol:
See how you be?

I caught your black ass lying again, and you got's to get all ghetto wit me.

Just look at your last couple of posts, you sound like a negro who just got pulled over :lol:

You got your ass caught trying to catch me in a lie and not knowing what you are talking about as usual :lol:

You want to call me a negro then I'm going to call you a white boy.

HUGGY's dogs doing a "drive by".... :eek:

Huggy1_zpsf8eeeec5-1_zpsae579a01.jpg

Thats why anyone that gets a breed of dog capable of doing severe damage should have mandatory training before they are allowed to purchase the dog.

It is not a matter of them having 'mandatory training.' People with small or young children in the home, or the elderly, should not have any type of dog in the house for which you need special training to keep it under control. The problem especially with pit bulls is that they are powder kegs that could go off at any time. The keg may never go off, but if it does, it means near or complete destruction, and the victim is usually the most vulnerable, the young or the elderly. Anyone who keeps a pit bull in the home and has elderly people or young people in the home is an irresponsible, negligent, stupid person. It doesn't matter how often pit bulls attack someone; it is the nature of the attack that is the problem. It is always an attack that ends in severe tragedy.

The dog doesn't need special training. The humans do. Like I said earlier, its not just pits. With any dog that is capable of inflicting severe damage the owner should be required to take a class on spotting issues with stability, their breeds tendencies, and the responsibilities as an owner of any dog. Any dog can be a powder keg ready to go off if it is unstable, has been abused, or allowed to think it runs the home. Any dog large enough can kill a child or an elderly person. A dog is like a gun in many ways. If you are irresponsible with it someone can get hurt or killed. I'll ask you the same question. Have you ever owned a pit bull or are you speaking from media hype as well?

So get a pit and special training and pray it doesn't hurt someone. Or just get one of the many better breeds that don't attack children.

If the mother had had a handgun nearby, and had practiced with it, the fight with the dog would have been over a lot sooner, and very likely the injuries would have been a lot less.

Get real. A woman in a highly stressful position such as this would probably have been too jittery to fire with any chance of hitting the dog. She'd either miss or hit the kid.
Only a very well trained person with the right mental state would manage a kill shot.

Not your call to make. Further, if the woman was close enough to get her hands in the dog's mouth, she surely could have fired a shot point blank. Logic does not support your assumption.

What do you be that woman wishes now she had a firearm to stop that dog?

So get a pit and special training and pray it doesn't hurt someone. Or just get one of the many better breeds that don't attack children.

No just get a pit and some training. If you get the training you don't have to pray. See how that works?

What breed does not attack children?

Last edited:

No just get a pit and some training. If you get the training you don't have to pray. See how that works?

So easy they are constantly mauling people. You recommend tigers for pets too?

Every breed combined kills fewer children than pits.

When I was a kid, German Shepard's were evil, killers that couldn't be trusted. My parents raised them, and I knew this was crap - but the media portrayed the as vicious.

Then in the 70's, Doberman Pincers were demonized as devil dogs. I'm not a huge Doby fan, they are bred out of Poodles and tend to be hyper, but temperment wise they are no different than any other dog.

Then in the 90's it was Rottweilers. I confess that that I've never encountered a mean or aggressive Rottie in my life. Considering they are a type of Mastiff, it may not be wise, but I just assume Rotties to be friendly - and they always are.

Now Pit Bulls are demonized - sorry, I'm not buying it.

So easy they are constantly mauling people. You recommend tigers for pets too?

Every breed combined kills fewer children than pits.

Tigers are illegal to own because they are large, exotic, undomesticated, killing machines. To top it off they are cats and we know how cats are.

So if every breed kills or attacks children then why get a dog at all? You are not making sense.

All that tells me is there are a lot of irresponsible breeders/owners. Also people tend to label a dog a pit if it looks even somewhat like a pit. I doubt they are far from the most popular breed. i know lots of people that have pits that dont take polls or let the insurance companies know they have a pit. I like Labs but they will bite a kid just like any other dog. Pits are not crazy time bombs. They are dogs.

Inbreeding is a serious problem when breeds become popular. That and the "gangsta attitude" of the owners is generally behind problems with a dog.

Bullshit...
Just bullshit...
Yeah ok, the kid may have pulled the dog's ear....So what?...If the dog was a good breed is may have growled a bit or just yelped and ran away.
A good dog can be trained to never show aggression toward the children. In fact most good breeds immediately take to children and will protect them.
The one issue with dogs is identifying an "Alpha"....If the family dog is an Alpha, it is advisable to never place a non walking child( In diapers) on the floor with the dog in the room.
The reason....An alpha will look to dominate. In the dog's world, any animal that exposes it's belly and urinates in the presence of a dominant dog is viewed by the alpha as submissive. The alpha dog will become aggressive toward a baby that does not react in quite the manner a dominant dog will expect. In some unfortunate instances, the dog will attack.
The more aggressive the breed, the more likely it will attack. With ultra aggressive breeds, these dogs will attack children and adults at the slightest of provocations.

ONLY an idiot allows any dog to be the alpha. The human MUST be the pack leader - always. I don't care what breed of dog. I have a Dingo - LITERALLY a wild dog, but she is 100% submissive to me, and my wife, and the neighbors. She cannot be fenced, so the neighbors will yell at her to go home - and she does. Simple as that, she is submissive to humans. Yeah, she would sit to the side while burglars took everything in the house - but that's how it has to be with a civilized dog.

Anyways back to Benny. Cinnamon Saints Ben Beau. Little mother trucker from hades. You think you want to deal with a pit?

Try a Boston.

That's just stupid. Try a Boston? Sure, try a Boston. What is their record of mauling children to death? Pretty fucking low. Try a Boston? A dog most adult men can pick up with one hand? You are not thinking clearly because you've got an agenda here.

Oh for crying out loud if you read the sequence of my posts you'd realize I was making a joke. You know. Having fun. Being a smart ass.

That's allowed on this board is it not?

I just want a dog that barks when someone is on the property, my little Jack Russell does that well.

I would never have a dog that could kill people, I'll do that part myself

So don't have big scary dogs.

BTW, JRTs have the strongest kill/prey drive of just about any dog on the face of the earth. They just typically target small prey:

Baby killed by family's Jack Russell terrier died from head injury, say police - Home News - UK - The Independent

"
Detective Inspector Phil Shakesheff told the inquest that the family had an "unblemished history" of caring for dogs over a period of many years and that neither PJ nor the family's German Shepherd had previously displayed signs of dangerous behaviour.
He said: "There is no evidence to suggest that the death of Harry is anything other than a tragic incident that can't be ruled out from occurring in any other dog-owning household where children are present."
The inquest heard dogs had killed six children and two adults around the country since 2007.
Telford's Assistant Deputy Coroner Andrew Barkley, recorded a verdict of accidental death."

'Mild-Mannered' Family Dog Killed Baby Boy

I used to love going to the JRT trials at the Sportsmen's show in Toronto at the Ex. Freaking awesome.

I've subscribed to Full Cry for years. Big fan of Jacks and their abilities. Knew one personally for many a year. Cartman. Still brings a smile to my face.

Forum List

Back