$2.3 Million for a Wind Turbine that Doesn't Work!

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
va_turbine.jpg

Doncha love how the government spends YOUR money? And all in the name of Globull Warming nee Climate Change. :eusa_whistle:

Here's the full story @ Veterans Affairs wind turbine, built for $2.3 million, stands dormant | Fox News

So liberal scum used "VA money" for green power???

They used that money to claim they support Vets/the military but it was a green energy scam....

Now c'mon ... wind turbines work GREAT -- if you're goal is killing beautiful birds:

th

bird-turbine-deadv-240x300.jpg

bird-kill2-sm.jpg

baow-clip.jpg

windmill-wind-farm-turbine-kill-bald-eagles-birds-bats-sad-hill-news.jpg

So much for "protecting" endangered species!!!!! Only hunters and farmers will take the rap for THAT.

Last edited:
More nuclear
More research in fusion
More solar for your roof! ;)
More research into long range batteries.

I can certainly live with the idea of clean energy and developing sensible solutions but wind turbines are a bad idea in my opinion.

1) They don't really create enough energy to justify the cost of erection and maintenance.
2) They're a major eyesore and blight on America's open spaces.
3) As pictured above, they're detrimental to Eagles, Owls, Geese, and other migratory birds.

They're just a really bad idea.

Search "UK White Paper Iraq"

Washington D.C., August 22, 2008 - The U.S. intelligence community buckled sooner in 2002 than previously reported to Bush administration pressure for data justifying an invasion of Iraq, according to a documents posting on the Web today by National Security Archive senior fellow John Prados.
U.S. Intelligence and Iraq WMD
National Security Archives. Not FOX, not CNN, not MSNBC, no pundits, no spin. Declassified government documents.

Yes, the intelligence was fixed to fit the agenda of invading Iraq. LIES.

What does Iraq have to do with wind turbines?

The wind turbines could work if they built a bird proof metal screen around it....but that costs money and they are all about profit, not safety of animals.

The wind would still blow through the screen but screen could be tight enough to prevent birds from flying in and in reality would deter them since they would see a physical structure compared to "open air" before the blade comes slicing through.

Search "UK White Paper Iraq"

Washington D.C., August 22, 2008 - The U.S. intelligence community buckled sooner in 2002 than previously reported to Bush administration pressure for data justifying an invasion of Iraq, according to a documents posting on the Web today by National Security Archive senior fellow John Prados.
U.S. Intelligence and Iraq WMD

National Security Archives. Not FOX, not CNN, not MSNBC, no pundits, no spin. Declassified government documents.

Yes, the intelligence was fixed to fit the agenda of invading Iraq. LIES.

The subject of this thread is "wind turbines" that don't produce a watt of electricity, moron. You must be one of those drones Obama is paying to disrupt political forums.

$4t+ for lies, torture and war crimes in Iraq.

The biggest of those lies being that it was the Republicans and not both parties that did it...

When I lived in California, there were wind turbines all over the hills, many of them didn't work. The tax credit was to build them, there was no more money when they stopped working and it wasn't worth the effort to fix, so when they broke, they stopped.

Imagine the waste of taxpayer money to build turbines that aren't even worth repairing when they break. Liberalism sucks, foreign and domestic.

Last edited:
More nuclear
More research in fusion
More solar for your roof! ;)
More research into long range batteries.

I can certainly live with the idea of clean energy and developing sensible solutions but wind turbines are a bad idea in my opinion.

1) They don't really create enough energy to justify the cost of erection and maintenance.
2) They're a major eyesore and blight on America's open spaces.
3) As pictured above, they're detrimental to Eagles, Owls, Geese, and other migratory birds.

They're just a really bad idea.

Evolution should take care of the bird problem, just give it time, like a million years.

The biggest of those lies being that it was the Republicans and not both parties that did it...
Go back and read my next post.

Search "GWU White Paper Iraq" or "UK White Paper Iraq". George Washington University. GWU. The National Security Archives. Declassified government documents.

Yes, intelligence agencies buckled under White House pressure to fix the data to justify the invasion of Iraq.

It was the Bush Republican White House that lied this country into war in Iraq.

You have a study showing that Democrats didn't know what everyone in the country knew. So you're certifying that Democrats are stupid? LOL. Hussein was a WMD threat? He was, he used them lots of times against Iranians and his own people. Stockpiles are irrelevant, it's his ability to produce and use them, which we know he had. Democrats were in the White House 8/9 years before the buildup began, they were all over the Senate intelligence committee forever. You can certify they are stupid all you like, but anyone who listens to them already know they are stupid.

Some of us, not you, realized that we don't need to be policeman to the world and go around invading countries because of it. The big lie in Iraq was the Democrats saying they were lied to.

:eusa_liar:

Keep complaining about health care for illegals and welfare for poor people while ignoring the mounting costs of a war that the CIA designed 35 years ago to never end.

$2 BILLION/wk in Afghanistan since 2001, and you still think you're winning? The Mujaheddin is doing to America exactly what the CIA trained them to do to the Soviets- wear them down and cost them money.

Fiscal Conservatives, my ass.

LOL, so if I blame both parties instead of Republicans, I'm not a fiscal conservative. Got it, oh clueless one...

:cuckoo:

You want to complain about $2m for a wind turbine as "government waste".

What do you consider to be the $4t that the government wasted on lies in Iraq? A sound investment?

Do you ever get tired of the old Liberal tactic of diverting instead of answering? :mad:

OP- So WTF is wrong with it lol? As usual, more propaganda than news...Here in Wyoming County, WNY, we have 200 of these, over 400 ft tall, they work fine, and the birds are fine...PFFFFFT!

When I lived in California, there were wind turbines all over the hills, many of them didn't work. The tax credit was to build them, there was no more money when they stopped working and it wasn't worth the effort to fix, so when they broke, they stopped.

Imagine the waste of taxpayer money to build turbines that aren't even worth repairing when they break. Liberalism sucks, foreign and domestic.

Yeah ... didn't Kerry vote "for it" before he voted "against it?" :cuckoo: Libs say the silliest things.

OP- So WTF is wrong with it lol? As usual, more propaganda than news...Here in Wyoming County, WNY, we have 200 of these, over 400 ft tall, they work fine, and the birds are fine...PFFFFFT!

You monitor all of the birds that fly through the sea of turbines? Really? Not a single bird is ever hit by one of those propellers? Are the birds of Wyoming earthbound or simply wiser than other birds?

Another eagle bites the dust. Thanks you eco freaks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back