1993 - President Clinton fires FBI director Bill Sessions. Media yawned.

I stand to be corrected on this but does anyone remember the director of the FBI (outside of Hoover) having press conferences to announce the progress of investigations publicly? It seems to me, Comey did Clinton a solid by announcing that they wouldn't be prosecuting her then, almost as if he were an NFL referee performing a make-up call, he announces right before an election that the case is opened again!!! All seems unusual

And then you have wild bill grabbing lynch on the tarmac.

Yeah, that was disgusting...dirty and lame.

But do you remember FBI directors holding many press conferences? When 9/11 happened, I don't think the FBI director was on TV at all for example.... That I don't recall who he was is probably a good thing. They should be apolitical. I'm not sure what Comey was up to but he sure did seem to like the TV cameras.

I stand to be corrected on this but does anyone remember the director of the FBI (outside of Hoover) having press conferences to announce the progress of investigations publicly? It seems to me, Comey did Clinton a solid by announcing that they wouldn't be prosecuting her then, almost as if he were an NFL referee performing a make-up call, he announces right before an election that the case is opened again!!! All seems unusual

And then you have wild bill grabbing lynch on the tarmac.

Yeah, that was disgusting...dirty and lame.

But do you remember FBI directors holding many press conferences? When 9/11 happened, I don't think the FBI director was on TV at all for example.... That I don't recall who he was is probably a good thing. They should be apolitical. I'm not sure what Comey was up to but he sure did seem to like the TV cameras.

No, I dont remember this ever happening.

Funny I remember Clinton's Presidency very well, but I don't remember that event at all. I guess the media wasn't crapping it's pants 24/7 about it.
LBJ had decided to fire J Edgar Hoover until it was leaked to the Washington Post, who reported it. LBJ, a meglomaniacal, self absorbed narcissist given to being extremely vindictive, then reappointed Hoover for life and sent a message (not dissimilar from a tweet) to the Washington Post Editor rubbing his face in it. I see a lot of LBJ in this president. Including no basic political philosophy that is consistent.

Rubbish.

Remind us. Was Sessions investigating Clinton at the time?

No?

Then you're just trying to run cover for Trump and his Russian pals.

Here's a thought. Why not try being more loyal to the USA than to DerParteiRepublikkan?
The only people investigating Trump are the media and democrat hacks.

^trumptardian alt-fact presented by a 100% scumbag.

[
And this scandal plagued Trump administration is a sterling example of presidential comportment?

Honestly, you Trumpeteers are wholly blinded by partisanship.

Scandals? What Scandals? It's all media drivel. Trump fired a man he has every right to fire.

[
And this scandal plagued Trump administration is a sterling example of presidential comportment?

Honestly, you Trumpeteers are wholly blinded by partisanship.

Scandals? What Scandals? It's all media drivel. Trump fired a man he has every right to fire.
That's okay. You continue to stumble around wearing those partisan blinders. But one day, maybe a few months from today, you will be amazed at the report of a Special Prosecutor and the introduction of articles of impeachment. Will you say that will be media drivel too?

That's okay. You continue to stumble around wearing those partisan blinders. But one day, maybe a few months from today, you will be amazed at the report of a Special Prosecutor and the introduction of articles of impeachment. Will you say that will be media drivel too?

Wouldn't surprise me if trump is impeached and removed but it won't be because of the silly conspiracy theory about russians hacking the election. Though that's what the media cartels will tell us. The real reason is that politicians of both parties rake in huge corporate bribes for letting illegals invade and they don't want that to end.

Remind us. Was Sessions investigating Clinton at the time?

No?

Then you're just trying to run cover for Trump and his Russian pals.

Here's a thought. Why not try being more loyal to the USA than to DerParteiRepublikkan?

Comey was not investigating Trump. FBI special agents were investigating Russia's activities and STILL are investigating. In fact, the Acting Director testified to Congress that no pressure was put on him or the investigation by the White House. It's a shame that you have to ignore the truth to try to have a point.

Forum List

Back