1986 S&W Model 60-1

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
I picked-up a S&W 60-1 yesterday that I had never seen before. The front sight gives it a funky look.

001 (2).JPG

According to my book it was a special run for Ashland (Shooter's Supply?) back in '86 with 660 of them made.

It came with two sets of stocks, the OEM ones and a '84 dated set of "banana" combat stocks. I don't know if they came like that or if the previous owner bought them separate.

I gave $400.00 for it. I was sort of surprised to see what they go for on GunPorker.

The box is tattered with no end label. All the paperwork, wax paper, and the cleaning kit was still inside.

Wikipedia says that had an original factory price of $727. Good purchase.

I bet that thing kicks like a mule with some .357 loads.

I picked-up a S&W 60-1 yesterday that I had never seen before. The front sight gives it a funky look.

View attachment 742717

According to my book it was a special run for Ashland (Shooter's Supply?) back in '86 with 660 of them made.

It came with two sets of stocks, the OEM ones and a '84 dated set of "banana" combat stocks. I don't know if they came like that or if the previous owner bought them separate.

I gave $400.00 for it. I was sort of surprised to see what they go for on GunPorker.

The box is tattered with no end label. All the paperwork, wax paper, and the cleaning kit was still inside.
Forgot about that one. Non fluted cyl. Good plan.

Wikipedia says that had an original factory price of $727. Good purchase.

I bet that thing kicks like a mule with some .357 loads.
LOL.....I bet it would if i could hammer them in but it's in .38 special.........Rated for +P though. ;)

One sold on GunPorker for about $1400.00....Another is up to near $900 with several days to go.

Likkmee......The cylinder is fluted.....Old eyes?

LOL.....I bet it would if i could hammer them in but it's in .38 special.........Rated for +P though. ;)

One sold on GunPorker for about $1400.00....Another is up to near $900 with several days to go.

My mistake. I thought they were chambered for either 38 Spc. or .357.

Still a heck of a buy!

I think it's the way the picture was taken, looked non-fluted the first time I looked. With the second more intense scrutiny I could see the flutes.

Forum List

Back