Zero Altitude Ejection

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
I didn't know the F-35 is another hovercraft, these things are inherently unstable. The pilot was clearly having trouble, but he had to have accidentally ejected, and I think he had to have had a very hard landing.

I didn't know the F-35 is another hovercraft, these things are inherently unstable. The pilot was clearly having trouble, but he had to have accidentally ejected, and I think he had to have had a very hard landing.

What a crazy video. Imagine being either of those guys.

Only the Navy version has that capability.
And the Harrier never had a bunch of problems back in the day.

I read one of the letters wrong in the title and thought that it was something totally different.

WTF are you laughing at McFib?

You. What a dumb question.

The Harrier never had a bunch of problems.

🤡

The first Harrier, the AV-8A, had a horrific safety record; more than half of the planes crashed. The second generation AV-8B, produced by Boeing, entered service in 1985. It's much safer, but still compares poorly to other jets. According to an 2002 LA Times report, the AV-8B Harrier suffered 11.44 accidents per 100,000 flight hours, compared to just 3 for the F/A-18 Hornet. Between 1971 and 2002, 45 Marine pilots were killed in 143 noncombat accidents in Harriers.

Last edited:

🤡

The first Harrier, the AV-8A, had a horrific safety record; more than half of the planes crashed. The second generation AV-8B, produced by Boeing, entered service in 1985. It's much safer, but still compares poorly to other jets. According to an 2002 LA Times report, the AV-8B Harrier suffered 11.44 accidents per 100,000 flight hours, compared to just 3 for the F/A-18 Hornet. Between 1971 and 2002, 45 Marine pilots were killed in 143 noncombat accidents in Harriers.

What plane didnt have problems when they first came out?

🤡

Psst!! He was being sarcastic.......... :rofl:

Psst!! He was being sarcastic.......... :rofl:
Accidentally...........
rofl.gif

Forum List

Back