Your love - outfield
Shout - Tears for F

Boys of summer
Out of touch
Easy lover
Heat is on
Summer of 69

All good tunes there.

Easy Lover is probably my favorite outta the bunch. It has that sound that I like.

Last edited:
Thank you for this thread OP.

My fav song of 1985

May be my fav song ever.

Aretha Franklin - Who's Zoomin' Who? (Official Lyric Video)​

Yeah the music was great, but not the pop crap you listed.

MegaDeath, Killing is my business

WASP the last command

DOKKEN under lock and key

Accept, Metal Heart

RJD Sacred Heart

Motley Crue Theater of Pain

Twisted Sister Come out and Play

Even Kiss Asylum was better.

I've got a good remix of Wasp's Wild Child that was only released as a single in '85.

Not the Steve Thompson remix.

The ''Wild Remix''

Theater of Pain production sucked so the album itself sounded like crap.

It all starts with FOLK!!!!
Nope.

Contemporary pop/rock has its root in blues, which has its roots in bluegrass. Bluegrass is an amalgam/fusion of American Irish diaspora folk & African tribal due to the intersection of American slavery and Irish slaves/indentured servants of the British tyrants in the New World.

With out the Irish, and with out the Africans in America? There would never have been blues, or Rock -n- Roll.

There would have been none of this music w/o the culture of the fiddle and the culture of the banjo, which was the precursor to the guitar, coming together.

". . . The term banjo has several etymological claims, one being from the Mandinka language which gives the name of Banjul, capital of The Gambia. Another claim is a connection to the West African akonting: it is made with a long bamboo neck called a bangoe. The material for the neck, called ban julo in the Mandinka language, again gives Banjul. In this interpretation, Banjul became a sort of eponym for the Akonting as it crossed the Atlantic.. . ."

Black Irish Identities: The complex relationship between Irish and African Americans​

Exploring the identity of the Black Irish in the US.​

"African-American Lenwood Sloan was in his 20s before he learned why his father insisted he is nice to the lone elderly white man that lived at the end of their block. Little was he expecting to discover that his family had a secret – that the man was his great-grandfather.

“Why was it kept a secret?” Sloan asks of the intrigued crowd, gathered back in 2015 to hear him delve into the complex history between Irish-Americans and African-Americans at “Black-Irish Identities: A Symposium” at Glucksman Ireland House, New York.

When faced with the facts, the appearance of a white man in Sloan’s family tree does not seem all that surprising. People such as Barack Obama, Muhammad Ali, Eddie Murphy, Billie Holiday, and Beyonce all have traces of Irish DNA or Irish ancestors.

Thirty-eight percent of African-Americans have some percentage of Irish DNA, Sloan claims, and there is a history of intermarriage between the two communities in places such as New Orleans that dates back to a time when African-American men had a life expectancy of 14 years while Irish-American men lived to 31. In contrast, Sloan tells how African-American women had an average life expectancy of 36 while Irish women could only be expected to live to 18.. .."

Who were the Black Irish, and what is their story?​

A subject of historical discussion, the phrase Black Irish is almost never referred to in Ireland.​

". . . One such example is that of the hundreds of thousands of Irish peasants who emigrated to America after the Great Famine of 1845 to 1849. 1847 was known as "black 47." The potato blight which destroyed the main source of sustenance turned the vital food black. It is possible that the arrival of large numbers of Irish after the famine into America, Canada, Australia, and beyond resulted in their being labeled as "black" in that they escaped from this new kind of black death.

Immigrant groups throughout history have generally been treated poorly by the indigenous population (or by those who simply settled first).

Derogatory names for immigrant groups are legion and in the case of those who left Ireland include "Shanty Irish" and almost certainly "Black Irish." It is also possible that within the various Irish cultures that became established in America that there was a pecking order, a class system that saw some of their countrymen labeled as "black. . . . "

Surprisingly, I didn't even have this album. I'd forgotten all about it until Señor Beale reminded me of it when he posted it some months back.

So, now I have a good remastered copy...

Deep tune with that good '80s sound...

You wanna know MY music genres, punkass??

Rubber Soul, punkass. Go through the playlist!!! lmao

rubber soul full album

btw: WE had "records". Oh; my first "tape" apart from the reel to reel and the 8-tracks.

So what else was on my playlist: Donovan, Aussie Bands, Joan, Collins, Mitchell etc etc etc!!!!

80's songs were nowhere near my playlists apart from some excellent outliers...Goanna etc. But you have caused a digression; we didn't have "playlists" in the 60s.

btw: your comment to Quasar was spoken like a real poofter!! THAT was the "fake news", buttgrommet!!

Greg

Those were not the type of songs he was promoting when you called fake news. Ass clown. Aha and tears for fears is what I commented on. So go suck a dick faggot.

The following are my most favorite country songs that went to #1 in 1985.

"How Blue"-Reba McEntire
"I Need More Of You"-Bellamy Brothers
"Step That Step"-Sawyer Brown (Crank it up!!!)
"Country Boy"-Ricky Skaggs
"I'm For Love"-Hank Williams Jr.
"The Highwayman"-Willie Nelson & Kris Kristofferson (RIP Waylon Jennings and Johnny Cash)
"I Don't Know Why You Don't Want Me"-Roseanne Cash
"You Makes Me Want To Make You Mine"-Juice Newton (Crank it up!!!)
"40 Hour Week"-Alabama (RIP Jeff Cook the fiddle player)
"Real Love"-Dolly Parton (RIP Kenny Rogers)
"Dixie Road"-Lee Greenwood
"Meet Me In Montana"-Marie Osmond (RIP Dan Seals)
"Some Fools Never Learn"-Steve Wariner

God bless you and these awesome singers always!!!

Holly

I am surprised that no one has mentioned "The Power Of Love" from the first Back To the Future film yet.

I've got a good remix of Wasp's Wild Child that was only released as a single in '85.

Not the Steve Thompson remix.

The ''Wild Remix''

Theater of Pain production sucked so the album itself sounded like crap.
But the concert was AWESOME.

Forum List

Back