1964 S&W Model 10-4

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
I found this 1964 6" barreled S&W Model 10-4 this morning at a local.

I traded for it even-up for a French pistol and got some Luger parts tossed-in with the Smith.....It came with a old Red Head flapped holster of the same era. There are a few very minor finish blemishes but it's in very nice shape for a near 60 year-old service revolver.

10-4 002 (2).JPG

I carried one just like it many a weary mile on the road gangs back in the 70s.

I found this 1964 6" barreled S&W Model 10-4 this morning at a local.

I traded for it even-up for a French pistol and got some Luger parts tossed-in with the Smith.....It came with a old Red Head flapped holster of the same era. There are a few very minor finish blemishes but it's in very nice shape for a near 60 year-old service revolver.

View attachment 689590

I carried one just like it many a weary mile on the road gangs back in the 70s.
That could be a mighty fine shooter! I would lower the spring tension some. DA pulling that trigger is rough. 13+ lbs stock. Wow, check out that little rubber piece. Never seen that b4.

Last edited:
I've never seen a Model 10 that did not shoot well as long as it was sound.
I'm not much on pistols, but I like my Model 10 (7)

It puts the bullet where it's supposed to go in the same place all the time.

Some pistols don't do that. Super-huge groupings, blech!

I can hit a dime with that 10-7. Last time I shot it I hit a golf ball with it at like 15 yards.

I do have the spring dialed down..

Last edited:
I'm not much on pistols, but I like my Model 10 (7)

It puts the bullet where it's supposed to go in the same place all the time.

Some pistols don't do that. Super-huge groupings, blech!

I can hit a dime with that 10-7. Last time I shot it I hit a golf ball with it at like 15 yards.

I do have the spring dialed down..
I bought a 4" Heavy Barrel 10-7 (former NYDOC revolver) at a private swap-meet/BBQ back when we used to have them. It shot very well but my nephew begged off of me.

LOL....Those swap-meets were something else.....It looked like a open air arms bazaar.

It was by invitation only so we tricked and traded at will back before the dems came and fucked that all up with their new law.

I bought a 4" Heavy Barrel 10-7 (former NYDOC revolver) at a private swap-meet/BBQ back when we used to have them. It shot very well but my nephew begged off of me.

LOL....Those swap-meets were something else.....It looked like a open air arms bazaar.

It was by invitation only so we tricked and traded at will back before the dems came and fucked that all up with their new law.
Was it chrome?

No, blued.
The only other pistol I ever really liked is a Ruger Blackhawk in .357. I think 6" barrel.

My buddy sold it years ago. When we went bowhunting, there's a lot of bears, so I carried the .357 Blackhawk, and he had this Dan Wesson .44 Magnum that groups like shit. When a bear is coming at you, it don't matter that much I reckon, but at the range, that Blackhawk was acceptable.
Model 10 is better, though. Miles better in accuracy, IMO.

I'm spoiled, I started out with one of the most accurate guns ever made.
It's ruined me for liking many a gun.

Forum List

Back