1956 Republicans

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
What an awesome Party!

CJlq9o4W8AAn_MU.jpg

But he paid for my college...and even gave me $5 per semester for "expenses"...always with the admonition to "spend it wisely."

But he paid for my college...and even gave me $5 per semester for "expenses"...always with the admonition to "spend it wisely."

My grandfather taught me life lessons....and how to pick a winner in the markets. He used to tell me "put a pair of coveralls on that dollar you have, make it work for you".

My grandfather taught me life lessons....and how to pick a winner in the markets. He used to tell me "put a pair of coveralls on that dollar you have, make it work for you".

Oh and left me a freaking bundle in his will :rolleyes:

My Grandfather was the definition of old school hard work, no handouts and no excuses. He worked at an Oil Refinery for decades, and had no eduction but he learned how all the complex machinery of the plant worked so well he became a plant foremen. He was 90% deaf from all the loud machines he worked around but he never complained and joked about his hearing aid squealing louder than a stuck pig. Totally awesome man.

Hate to break this news to some but the unions of 1956 are a far cry from the unions of 2015.
Not really.

But the GOP that built the Interstate Highway System and NASA is a far cry from the crackerbrained nitwits of today.

My Grandfather was the definition of old school hard work, no handouts and no excuses. He worked at an Oil Refinery for decades, and had no eduction but he learned how all the complex machinery of the plant worked so well he became a plant foremen. He was 90% deaf from all the loud machines he worked around but he never complained and joked about his hearing aid squealing louder than a stuck pig. Totally awesome man.
In those days, they had machinery.
These days, they have computers.
Why are today's right wingers so proud of no fucking education. My great grandfather told me many times that he wished education was available to him when he was young. He wouldn't be so stooped and also, get this, "hard of hearing".

Forum List

Back