"1917" has one major flaw - it's irresponsibly nationalistic

Status
Not open for further replies.
good movie. Thoroughly enjoyed it. No idea what the reviewer is talking about.
Is it about WWI? Historically accurate?
I've got a high school student who needs some movie time. Any outrageous sex or anything?
Well, all the soldiers certain get f...er, ugh..., have rather harsh experiences.
That could be a little more helpful, there.

It's not based on any one battle, but it looks real. No, no sex in it. Not too violent.
There are lots of bodies and body parts scattered about.

"1917" has one major flaw - it's irresponsibly nationalistic
The film has amazing acting and technical achievements, but its simplistic storytelling falls in line with Trumpism..

Derp

I saw that today in a movie theater with my son. 1917 has no major flaws. In fact, it is the best movie that I have seen in a very long time. I loved it. It's not nationalistic. Further, it was exceptional because nobody tried to throw in some dumb ass romance that didn't belong.

Fuck Matthew Rocsa and fuck Salon. People need to stop giving these clowns the time of day. Many liberals stopped reading Salon several years ago. Let me tell you how this works. People pay attention to these wanna be journalists and this piece of shit rag. They pat each other on the back and then act like they are somehow important to the national conversation and they are clever and "controversial". They aren't. They have at least one person that is writing that is part of the cancel culture. Her big thing? Starting shit on the internet and posting stupid shit on her blog. These people are disgusting. She makes my skin crawl. Why do you give them the time of day?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back