19 Awesome Spy Planes

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
1856cy8dzt1dzjpg.jpg

A spy plane? I never thought of them that way when I was stationed at Coleman Barracks just outside of Mannheim, Germany. There was a squadron there and, while I thought they were awesome, I just thought they were there to scout for the armored cavalry unit there. :eusa_whistle:

Anyhow, this story has more and some are neat – and I remember seeing something of them either on the ground or in the air.

Read the article @ The 19 Most Badass Spy Planes

And is this America's newest top-secret spy plane?

440x660.jpg

1856cy8dzt1dzjpg.jpg

A spy plane? I never thought of them that way when I was stationed at Coleman Barracks just outside of Mannheim, Germany. There was a squadron there and, while I thought they were awesome, I just thought they were there to scout for the armored cavalry unit there. :eusa_whistle:

Anyhow, this story has more and some are neat – and I remember seeing something of them either on the ground or in the air.

Read the article @ The 19 Most Badass Spy Planes

And is this America's newest top-secret spy plane?

440x660.jpg

Great thread. Great OP.

As usual!

ef_tu95bear_20070822.jpg

Sight seen above Britain's and Western Europe's skies every year since 2005. Nobody knows why the Russians do it, neither have they been forthcoming with an explanation, but in 2010 two Tornados from RAF Leuchars were instructed to arms their weapons. Russians got the message and turned tail.

They're pretty cool and I would love to get excited about them but the reality is that they are likely to be used against Americans rather than our real enemies.

Forum List

Back