18 Grilled Cheeses That Will Melt Your Brain

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
It’s hard to top an all-time favorite, but it’s not impossible. @ 18 Grilled Cheeses That Will Melt Your Brain

I'll stick with this – the others are too far out for me:

enhanced-buzz-17520-1378222945-26.jpg

Posted this in another thread last month...

"Best grilled ham and cheese" from Emeril...Grill it Up a Notch Ham and Cheese Sandwich Recipe : Emeril Lagasse : Recipes : Food Network

Fabulouso!

I wasn't sure about the honey, but it really made the sandwich.

I substituted a mixture of Grey Poupon and Woeber's reserve Horseradish sauce for the straight spicy mustard and added sauteed mushrooms and onions....yummy.

You need a flavorful ham for this recipe, the cold cut ham I used did get a little lost in the other flavors.

But it was still delish.

b7f4aa3a-defb-4917-ac02-52eb01d9be06_zpsb52ae986.jpg

Last edited:
Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Bacon and Pear

1. Heat a cast iron skillet to medium high heat. Layer your sandwich - bread slice, cheese, pear slices, bacon, bread slice. Spread butter over the top of the sandwich. Place the sandwich top side down (butter side down) on the hot pan. Butter the exposed side of the sandwich. Let cook for a minute and then use a metal spatula to turn the sandwich over to its other side.

2 While you are toasting the sandwich on the remaining side, press down on the sandwich with a spatula. Alternatively, you can mimic a panini press (albeit without the ridges) by heating a smaller cast iron pan on a separate burner. Use the weight of this pan to press down on the sandwich from above.

The sandwich is done when the sides are toasted and the cheese is melted. Cut in half and serve.

Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Bacon and Pear Recipe | Simply Recipes

Forum List

Back