16 new kills to Obama's credit.

Then you agree obama get's the credit for these killings.

No, this was not a POLICY decision.
Who sent those troops there?

It doesn't MATTER who sent the troops there. What were their orders? The invasion of Afghanistan, Iraq, Abu Ghraib, Gitmo and torture were POLICY decisions by the despot Bush. Bush started both wars.

Obama ended our combat in Iraq, and plans combat withdrawal in Afghanistan by the end of 2014.

You seem to have a problem understanding the difference between policy and happenstance.

No, this was not a POLICY decision.

It doesn't MATTER who sent the troops there. What were their orders? The invasion of Afghanistan, Iraq, Abu Ghraib, Gitmo and torture were POLICY decisions by the despot Bush. Bush started both wars.

Obama ended our combat in Iraq, and plans combat withdrawal in Afghanistan by the end of 2014.

You seem to have a problem understanding the difference between policy and happenstance.

First you said it wasn't a POLICY decision, but now it does not matter? Well sparky it was obama's policy to send those troops there. Going back to your comment

Bush deserved criticism for Abu Ghraib, Gitmo, torture and starting a preemptive, preventative war of ideology.

obama deserves criticism for what the troops do.

First you said it wasn't a POLICY decision, but now it does not matter? Well sparky it was obama's policy to send those troops there. Going back to your comment

Bush deserved criticism for Abu Ghraib, Gitmo, torture and starting a preemptive, preventative war of ideology.

WOW, you really are fucking obtuse.

Invasion of Afghanistan - Bush policy decision
Invasion of Iraq - Bush policy decision
Abu Ghraib - Bush policy decision
Guantánamo - Bush policy decision
Torture - Bush policy decision

US soldier killing of 16 innocent civilians - NOT an Obama policy decision

Agreed. My point is that the hardcore right knows damn well that this and many other horrors would not have happened if we were not there in the first place. They recognize that, and immediately set out to do preemptive damage control and divert by pointing the finger at Obama.

I'm accustomed to the non-stop intellectual dishonesty that is contemporary political discourse -- not that I like it -- but when it comes to the lives, limbs and minds of thousands of American soldiers and the pain to their families, I'm not as forgiving. I'm sick of it.

Excuse me, but I think you could use a little lesson in intellectual dishonesty as well. Obama has been in office for three years now, over three years. He could have pulled us out of there at any time he so desired, and he has not. Tell me, when does he own anything that's going on currently? Ever? Maybe after 8 years in office? Or will you people still be going back to Bush even then? Get a grasp on reality, Obama owns anything that happens on his watch, that's what grown adults do, they take responsibility.

None of this, none of it, would be happening if Bush had not put us there. I can only imagine how much effort it takes to avoid that, I realize it makes it tougher to play the standard political games, but it is a fact.

And, once again, since I'm not a partisan sheep I don't need to spin. Obama should have gotten us out of there by now, but he's dealing with a horrific situation, kind of like the economy. Yanking us out of there may have done more harm than good, AFTER Bush got us in there. The fact is, I don't know.

If Bush hadn't put us there, Obama would not have had anything to screw up, if that's indeed what he's doing. Kind of like the economy.

The only difference is, Bush's wars have destroyed thousands of American lives in a way a bad economy cannot.

Sorry, but your excuses for Obama and what he has or has not done is exactly the definition of partisan spin in my book. Bush is gone, has been for over three years now, the person in charge has done nothing to change the situation. There's no spinning that.

Ah, yes.....some o' that good ol' "conservative" mental-health care, for someone who was recycled (too-many-times) in full-blown combat-zones!!!

Use 'em UP, and throw 'em OUT.....so Mitt's boys aren't put-at-risk!!!!
Mitt Romney on 60 Minutes with Mike Wallace - Five Brothers - YouTube

When has obama ever taken a risk that would affect him?

If the mission to get Ossama had failed it would have had the same effect as the Carter botched rescue attempt of the hostages. He wouldn't stand a chance of re-election. It was a gutsy call.

The public would have never even known about it.

Hey, wait a minute. I thought the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan were the "right thing to do". Why is it all of a sudden that the hardcore right is whining about what happens there? I thought the chance to blow the shit out of countries we don't like is a "good" thing. The more explosions, bullets and blood the better, even if the blood is ours.

Plus, there were more needless deaths here. I thought that was a righteous thing.

What's going on here, is the hardcore right suddenly wussing out?

Strawman, much, Mr. 'Independent'? LOL

Hey, wait a minute. I thought the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan were the "right thing to do". Why is it all of a sudden that the hardcore right is whining about what happens there? I thought the chance to blow the shit out of countries we don't like is a "good" thing. The more explosions, bullets and blood the better, even if the blood is ours.

Plus, there were more needless deaths here. I thought that was a righteous thing.

What's going on here, is the hardcore right suddenly wussing out?

I thought the hardcore left, and most of the 'left' in general said they were terrible wars, you avoid war at any cost? Daily reports and photos and counts of soldiers killed every day in the morning news? So why are we still over there? Where are the war protestors?? Where are the morning reports declaring how many have died the day before? Where are the calls for Obama to remove all of our troops? You want to cry hypocrisy, but I'm afraid you are the kettle calling the pot black. You've lost any right to say anything the day that the war protests stopped as soon as Obama entered office, but nothing changed. The outrage and protests have been revealed for the empty and purely political rhetoric that they were. It's been proven that the 'protestors' cared nothing for the soldiers or any innocent civilians being killed, all they care about is their political ideology and using whatever political tool, such as war, that they can find to smear their 'enemy'.

Well, we see another poster descending to the level of fecal material.

One of our troops snapped, and created a horror. 16 innocent people are dead, for no reason at all. But people like you would use this a political fodder. You are an asshole, a peice of shit.

It is not the policy of our military to purposely kill and mutilate innocents. The people within our military are even more horrified by these actions than the rest of us. For they will bear the brunt of the attacks that are the result of the actions of one insane soldier.

It hasn't been an Obama policy decision to continue the occupation of Afghanistan then? Are you saying he's just leaving them there and sending more troops in all the time to just avoid making any decision of his own on it since 'Bush started it'? Is that really what you're saying?

:clap2: Bingo.

Being obtuse is all they have when they know they have to divert.

Divert? You mean like you're doing with leaving Obama blameless for this mess after three years in office?? Classic. :lol:

Divert? You mean like you're doing with leaving Obama blameless for this mess after three years in office?? Classic. :lol:

Having these soldiers in place is very much a 'policy decision' of our CIC.

He told us he would make a good decider. He lied.

An absolutely perfect, vivid example of my point.

Holy crap, do you even realize you did that?

Anyway, thanks.

Last edited:

One of our troops snapped, and created a horror. 16 innocent people are dead, for no reason at all. But people like you would use this a political fodder. You are an asshole, a peice of shit.

It is not the policy of our military to purposely kill and mutilate innocents. The people within our military are even more horrified by these actions than the rest of us. For they will bear the brunt of the attacks that are the result of the actions of one insane soldier.

This stuff happens in every single war, it's not excusable but being in wars will inevitably cause some solidiers, no matter how well trained, to snap.

So when our war hungry chickenhawk president decides to increase warmongering even though it has nothing to do with the defense of the United States, he deserves blame for everything that happens in a war zone.

This stuff happens in every single war, it's not excusable but being in wars will inevitably cause some solidiers, no matter how well trained, to snap.

So when our war hungry chickenhawk president decides to increase warmongering even though it has nothing to do with the defense of the United States, he deserves blame for everything that happens in a war zone.

:clap2: That's why I respect your opinion Drock, you're consistant, regardless of who is in office.

Nope not hardly who increased troop numbers in Afghanistan in 2009?

Obama approves Afghanistan troop increase - CNN

Gitmo is still open even though obama said he was going to close it. So now it's obama's policy.
Who said torture has stopped, obama?

:clap2: That's why I respect your opinion Drock, you're consistant, regardless of who is in office.
All I am doing is pointing out how hypocritical the left are.

All I am doing is pointing out how hypocritical the left are.

I know, and I was applauding Drock for not being like that. His views have stayed the same about it regardless of who was in office.

Forum List

Back