150 years since death of a tyrant!

The more I learn of Lincoln, the more I have to question my long held beliefs about him.

Imo, he also did some harm. Making the Federal Government more powerful than the states was the worst of it.

That is by design.

Question your history.....and it loses its reverence.

Then the left can manipulate you.

Not in my case. My investigations into history only make things worse for the left.
My point was....if they can trash our greatest leaders then maybe we'll settle for their token candidates.

The more I learn of Lincoln, the more I have to question my long held beliefs about him.

Imo, he also did some harm. Making the Federal Government more powerful than the states was the worst of it.

Lincoln turned us from a bunch of united states to The United States

Great man, great vision

That wasn't a good thing.

We saw what happens when the states have too much power

No, that was what happens when the federal govrnment tries to take the constitutionally given state's power.

That is by design.

Not in my case. My investigations into history only make things worse for the left.
My point was....if they can trash our greatest leaders then maybe we'll settle for their token candidates.

They don't trash Lincoln though.

Best President in US History

Bad news for the South when Lincoln was killed
Not even close. You do realize he hated negro's as well right? Was planning on sending them back to Africa...

Actually, he wasn't
It was an option being considered for those who wanted it

Lincoln freed the slaves
Articles That Dirty Rotten Racist...Abraham Lincoln
He hated n!ggers
Sic Semper Tyrannis! Cheers for John Wilkes Booth!

fuck yourself
Tissue?

F.O.A.D.

Now.

Great man, great vision

No, that was what happens when the federal govrnment tries to take the constitutionally given state's power.
We have to keep an eye on the states. If we don't, they start abusing the Constitutional rights of their citizens

Things like slavery, women's rights, civil rights, gay rights

Great man, great vision

No. We haven't seen any such thing.

What we did see was a refusal of certain entities to intervene as was necessary -- but in a properly circumscribed limited way, at the earliest reasonable moment.

The problem with "States rights" is not any inherent racist attitude or inclination.

The problems is that the powers associated with the concept of "States rights" involve a balancing -- and we are often not very adept at using proper judgment along such lines.

But lest we forget, there is a REASON we started this Republic with a Constitution that provided for checks and balances. And FEDERALISM was one of the tools. We abandon it at our peril.

Great man, great vision

What we did see was a refusal of certain entities to intervene as was necessary -- but in a properly circumscribed limited way, at the earliest reasonable moment.

The problem with "States rights" is not any inherent racist attitude or inclination.

The problems is that the powers associated with the concept of "States rights" involve a balancing -- and we are often not very adept at using proper judgment along such lines.

But lest we forget, there is a REASON we started this Republic with a Constitution that provided for checks and balances. And FEDERALISM was one of the tools. We abandon it at our peril.

In our history, States Rights has generally meant a states right to abuse its citizens

Great man, great vision

We have to keep an eye on the states. If we don't, they start abusing the Constitutional rights of their citizens

You don't know even the tiniest bit about history or the constitution do you?
Moron.

That is by design.

Today....History Channel was claiming he was suicidal and gay.

I think that's a bit trashy.

Great man, great vision

In our history, States Rights has generally meant a states right to abuse its citizens

Ignorant garbage, I mean epic level stupidity.

Great man, great vision

No. It has not, except the stilted liberal indoctrination system we laughingly call "education."

If you ask me whether the concept of (or demand for) "states rights" was ever mis-used by any of the States in order to impose official racism, I'd say "yup." But that is NOT what it has "generally" meant.

Instead, it has GENERALLY meant a form of Constitutional check on the potential for an overly powerful (central) Federal government. It was one of the ways we ensured that the Constitution could even be ratified in the first place. Such was our mistrust of the power of Government.

Fuck you, scumbag. That craven coward Booth got what shits like you deserve but won't get because of the kind of magnanimity that President Lincoln championed.

Shit for brains idiots like (Im)odium support assassination because, no matter what else they profess, they don't really believe in the ballot over the bullet.
Ballot has failed so you are absolutely 100% correct.

Not even close. You do realize he hated negro's as well right? Was planning on sending them back to Africa...

Actually, he wasn't

Lincoln freed the slaves
He hated n!ggers

fuck yourself
Tissue?

Why? Did you jizz yourself masturbating to the thought of the murder of a President, you shit for brain pin dick fly fucker?
:boohoo:

Actually, he wasn't

Lincoln freed the slaves
He hated n!ggers

fuck yourself
Tissue?

Sorry...you crossed the line

Your posts in this thread are no longer worthy of a responsse
:banana::banana:

Great man, great vision

You don't know even the tiniest bit about history or the constitution do you?
Moron.
You have no concept of the history of our nation

Missed out on the Civil War and Civil Rights?

That is by design.

exactly

today we are to believe that Hillary is great

or that Jeb bush is a good deal

most politicians today make me wanna puke

That is by design.

the history channel lost its touch years ago

That is by design.

the history channel lost its touch years ago

Too many alien abductions

Forum List

Back