150 Rounds thru the Colt .45 auto Today

Right on freaking target!
Damn fun.
Great time at the range today.
Freaking place was packed.
Good to see so many Americans arming themselves. Great people. True Americans.

Another fucking inbred gun nut. Please stay away from me. As far away as possible.

Looks like you palmed your meds again. Does the duty nurse know you're on the computer in the day room?

My 1911 Remington Rand is a great shooting pistol.
Why would anyone shoot at a range?
I just cook on mine.

I shoot my .45 behind the house.

Last edited:
I've had the pleasure of firing one on my father-in-law's estate. It's a truly formidable warhorse. Why the U.S. military adopted the 9mm I'll never know. Some Congressmen must've had stock in Beretta, because the 1911 had plenty of life left in it before it was retired.
Rest assured the war profiteers were behind it.

I've had the pleasure of firing one on my father-in-law's estate. It's a truly formidable warhorse. Why the U.S. military adopted the 9mm I'll never know. Some Congressmen must've had stock in Beretta, because the 1911 had plenty of life left in it before it was retired.
Rest assured the war profiteers were behind it.

Well, the M1911 was going to be replaced anyway to accommodate NATO standardization, hence a weapon chambered in 9mm Lugar.

If it wasn’t Beretta it would be someone else.

Hands down the 1911 Colt .45 is my all time favorite pistol........ :thup:

Have you ever played with a Gold Cup? I did some modifications to one for the father of a friend, maybe 20 years ago and I got to put a hundred rounds through it. At 10 yards, I put 9 in a 2" circle in 6 seconds flat.

know the M-14 was a refinement over the M-1 but I don't like the idea of a box magazine. The M-1's 8 round clip can be reloaded in two seconds or less and as long as the shooter has clips he can keep shooting with minimal interruption. But when the shooter's last box magazine is empty in a firefight, what does he do?

The same thing you do when you run out of clips, load some more out of loose.
Life is not like TV.

I like the form of the 1911 and the reduced recoil of the M9.

Ended up with a Star Arms BKM...

StarArms_zps702e979c.png

One of my favorites:

CZ 52

1287752437.jpg

7.62x25, muzzle volocity between 1300-1500 fps.

Built like a tank, bomb proof, easy to maintain, inexpensive with inexpensive ammo.

My 1911 Remington Rand is a great shooting pistol.
Why would anyone shoot at a range?
I just cook on mine.

I shoot my .45 behind the house.
You're fortunate and I envy that kind of rural privacy. The lack of it is one big reason why I sold off most of my guns and picked up on archery. I'm in the New York / New Jersey area where except for ranges there is no place to shoot guns.

The world is getting smaller and the American public is losing its affinity for guns.

Except for my S&W .38 Special, I'm pistolless (zat a word?).
Gave my S&W .40 to evil stepson when he came back from 2nd Afgh. tour.

I'd be shopping for another if I didn't buy the new camera camera.

Right on freaking target!
Damn fun.
Great time at the range today.
Freaking place was packed.
Good to see so many Americans arming themselves. Great people. True Americans.

The gun and ammo manufacturers love you! Just like in 2008. Obama winning was the best thing for them because if idiots like you. Boma goin teamed yer guns.

One of my favorites:

CZ 52

1287752437.jpg

7.62x25, muzzle velocity between 1300-1500 fps.

Built like a tank, bomb proof, easy to maintain, inexpensive with inexpensive ammo.
Very European. Looks a bit like PPK. Comfortable for concealed carry.

It's an Eastern block military side arm, C&R list. It's big, heavy but slim.

If you want a PPK look-a-like that would be the Polish P 64, 9 x 18 round, about $125. Switch out the stock #24 main spring with a #19 or #18 and you won't break your finger pulling the trigger.

1287744420.jpg

I own one of those also.

SM - I am sorry. $650 used - you are absolutely CORRECT with the 950-1250 new range. I had a "commemorative" 45 auto (inherited it) - gold accents, all that pretty shit. Was told first round I put through it - it would be pretty much "non collectable." Traded it to a dealer to a .45 that I could actually use. Always a 44 mag or 357 revolver guy - but this auto is amazing.... Love it. And pretty freaking accurate.

Same here, I love those big revolvers.

Forum List

Back