$15 Minimum Wage Is Speeding Up the ERA of Automation

More lies from the liar. The US pays some of the highest per capita on education and yet receive middle of the road results. Keep spewing the lies. Please tell us what your utopia company does to educate all. Let's see, you have an extensive training program that teaches the three Rs and your company pays for all of it, if they decide to go into any field you pay for it all and by virtue of all things great and small you produce doctorates to all employees and pay them all 1 million a year and still have profits that go through the roof.

How about real money spending?

They can be programed to react to variables.

If it were that easy we'd not have to drive our cars.

That is almost here, of course you being in a cutting edge business, you would know that...oops, I forgot you lied.

Self-driving cars have been in research for more than two decades and they continue to run into stuff. No time soon will they be available.

Within the decade.

DECADES.

I've notice a number of retailers outting in self serve check outs here in the last 6 months. People are using them and for every 4 that go in, it looks like they are replacing around 6 people. Good going, guys!

I'm an American, I don't use self-service checkouts. Self-service is an oxymoron, promoted by a talk show host that is taking Oxy, who's listener base is morons.

You are just a moron, dude, not to mention an ignoranus.

I love self-checkouts...easier, faster, and I don't have to worry about a marginally-sentient stoner bagging sandwich rolls under canned fruit, lettuce with raw meat, or apples with two cans of highly-toxic insecticide.

True, but most technology starts out this way and then the bugs gets worked out and the system runs in a functional manner.

But usually that takes decades, if it's ever done.

For the most part we are currently in front of technology.

Examples:

1) Dodge and their incredibly unreliable computers that run everything in their cars including the horn.

2) Ford and their blue-shit engines which have carbon buildup problems that Ford has no fix.

3) Cable companies delivering what they promise.

What in the name of Jesus Christ and a pair of fuzzy dice are you babbling about now, boy?

MOST cars now have a computer running everything, from the turn signals to the horn to the sunroof. (IIRC, a new VW has three body computers.)

Ford has no engines called "blue" anything...though Mercedes diesels used to be called "Bluetec". If you refer to the ECOBOOST truck engines, some had carbon buildup...though it often affected the operation not at all.

I've notice a number of retailers outting in self serve check outs here in the last 6 months. People are using them and for every 4 that go in, it looks like they are replacing around 6 people. Good going, guys!

Really? What I see is that self serve isn't really used by people than one or two items, because the machines are so unreliable and subject to glitches. And you still need a person to watch them. Not to mention they can't ring up large items or booze

More bullshit from Joey...

I see self-checkout used by people with full carts all the time. The only thing it can't be used for is anything that requires ID (beer, lighters, spray paint). At Stop & Shop, I can check out a full cart in under three minutes.

More lies from the liar. The US pays some of the highest per capita on education and yet receive middle of the road results. Keep spewing the lies. Please tell us what your utopia company does to educate all. Let's see, you have an extensive training program that teaches the three Rs and your company pays for all of it, if they decide to go into any field you pay for it all and by virtue of all things great and small you produce doctorates to all employees and pay them all 1 million a year and still have profits that go through the roof.

How about real money spending?

If that is what we paid, you'd have a point, but we don't. So you have no point. What we spend is what we spend.

They can be programed to react to variables.

If it were that easy we'd not have to drive our cars.

That is almost here, of course you being in a cutting edge business, you would know that...oops, I forgot you lied.

Self-driving cars have been in research for more than two decades and they continue to run into stuff. No time soon will they be available.

Within the decade.

DECADES.

You're dreaming. And demonstrating even further how clueless you are. About pretty much everything.

10599440_10152451518642730_5161954741211581478_n.jpg

First they will replace the cashiers. This won't be difficult
Protesters Aren t Going to Like How McDonald s is Reacting to Their Minimum Wage Concerns

Next they will get rid of the cooks. This was built in 2010, but I think $15 a hour will get it into play.
Burger Robot Poised to Disrupt Fast Food Industry - Singularity HUBSingularity HUB

Many Janitorial Jobs will be taken over by machines also.

So what jobs will be left:
(1) Loader of the Food into the burger maker. This could get automated also, but I think it will require a human.
(2) Machine Mechanic: Only 1-3 per location would probably be necessary. It would be a high pay position at least.
(3) IT Support: Ditto
(4) Janitor: I don't think a robot could do it all.
(5) Store Manager/Customer Service Rep: I could see a few working there.

Bottomline there will be far fewer workers in the fast food industry!

They tried it out here a few years back. Didn't work very well. Maybe they've worked out the bugs but the #1 issue was cash customers...and the line behind people trying to get a $1 to feed properly.

Most locations are drastically understaffed to start with...

No change is coming.
No change?....Have you seen interior videos of modern auto plants or steel mills?

Protesters Aren t Going to Like How McDonald s is Reacting to Their Minimum Wage Concerns

Next they will get rid of the cooks. This was built in 2010, but I think $15 a hour will get it into play.
Burger Robot Poised to Disrupt Fast Food Industry - Singularity HUBSingularity HUB

(1) Loader of the Food into the burger maker. This could get automated also, but I think it will require a human.
(2) Machine Mechanic: Only 1-3 per location would probably be necessary. It would be a high pay position at least.

This is sort of why I'm not a Republican anymore. That you would begrudge people a living wage to a point where you'd spend a shitload of money on a machine that would be less reliable than a person is just crazy, but it shows the anger and stupidity of the Conservative Stockholm Syndrome.

Hey, here's the thing. So those poor people won't have jobs. Will they

a) Dutifully starve their families to death so the rich have a place to ride their Dressage Horses

or

b) Vote for Democrats who will create a bunch of government jobs and benefits so they can feed their families.

You see, if you Wingnuts had a fucking brain, you'd be getting behind a living wage, because when people are earning their own money, they really won't like the government taking it from them.

But if they are earning not enough to get by and have to get Medicaid, Section 8 and Food stamps, you've made them a Democrat for life.
Because the concept of "living wage" is a fallacy...
It cannot be defined.

So I guess if a machine can do the job at the equivalent of a dollar an hour,

American workers will be expected to work for 99 cents.

And conservatives couldn't be happier.

Yeah, i'll never get them rooting for Americans to make less money and be unemployed. Their hateful greed has driven them mad. More Americans poor and unemployed will not be a good thing.

They won't just magically disappear. They'll still be here and will have to be dealt with. There's a whole lotta flaws in their Robot-Revolution fantasy.
I cannot believe there are people such as yourself who call themselves "intelligent" that believe this nonsense.
Ypu're not thinking this through.
Let's say for a moment that the min wage for these no skill fast food and service workers are given these federally mandated wages.....Just what do you think skilled and educated workers who have busted their asses to get to the wage levels which they EARNED are going to say about this?
Do you think they will just sit there and go "uhh, ok. Now the guy that flips burgers in a fast food joint is making almost as much as me"....
Do you not think those people are going to demand a wage increase in proportion to the new wage?...

Automation is a far as it's going to get until someone teaches a machine to think.

According to the company that makes it, the burger maker robot won't make burgers.

Mechanic, no way.

IT Support: That's a good one. With wireless offices I can see less jobs in installation, but fixing a problem requires diagnosis, which requires the human brain.

Janitor: No way

Store Manager/Customer Service Rep: No way. There are machine that will assist the human, but will not replace them.

McDonalds will pay their employees more. The profit in fast food is huge, now they have to share...Boo Hoo!
"The profit in fast food is huge"....
It is? Prove it...
I think you're spouting nonsense.

Because the concept of "living wage" is a fallacy...
It cannot be defined.

sure it can. What the cost of rent, food and transportation plus a percentage for creature comforts.

Done.

Here's the better question. Why are the rest of us subsidizing WalMart and McDonald's labor costs because they refuse to pay one. Because the working poor, they just refuse to fucking starve to death. They collect food stamps, section 8 and Medicaid.

So I guess if a machine can do the job at the equivalent of a dollar an hour,

American workers will be expected to work for 99 cents.

And conservatives couldn't be happier.

Yeah, i'll never get them rooting for Americans to make less money and be unemployed. Their hateful greed has driven them mad. More Americans poor and unemployed will not be a good thing.

They won't just magically disappear. They'll still be here and will have to be dealt with. There's a whole lotta flaws in their Robot-Revolution fantasy.
I cannot believe there are people such as yourself who call themselves "intelligent" that believe this nonsense.
Ypu're not thinking this through.
Let's say for a moment that the min wage for these no skill fast food and service workers are given these federally mandated wages.....Just what do you think skilled and educated workers who have busted their asses to get to the wage levels which they EARNED are going to say about this?
Do you think they will just sit there and go "uhh, ok. Now the guy that flips burgers in a fast food joint is making almost as much as me"....
Do you not think those people are going to demand a wage increase in proportion to the new wage?...

Why not demand a wage increase? Good for them. If they don't do it for themselves, who else will? You think businesses give a shit about their workers' struggles? I can assure you they don't. They'll lay their own Mothers off if they think they'll make an extra buck out of it. The world is rough, it sure ain't fair. Sometimes you have to demand yours. Businesses aren't gonna give you anything.

I have the answer!

-Base Federal tax for corporations at 30% of revenue.

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2015 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-offs/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

-Companies with 500 employees or less, employee expenses above the deduction are subsidized at 100% with funds usually give back to the States.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2015 price structure.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years which will eliminate inflation.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

-Make inversion illegal.

Automation can cut costs but it also can HAVE some costs.

I was in a shop at Manchester Airport yesterday and tried to buy a packaged sandwich and bottle of water. There were numerous robot tills and one with a person attending. The person would not handle transactions, only tell those approaching to use one of the machines. So I left what would have been my purchases on her counter and went next door to buy. Sometimes customers just don't want to deal with a machine so business will be lost to competitors unless there are no un-automated competitors.

There was quite a bit of merchandise stacked up on that counter so it seems I wasn't the only intransigent bastard who wouldn't play.

Automation is a far as it's going to get until someone teaches a machine to think.

According to the company that makes it, the burger maker robot won't make burgers.

Mechanic, no way.

IT Support: That's a good one. With wireless offices I can see less jobs in installation, but fixing a problem requires diagnosis, which requires the human brain.

Janitor: No way

Store Manager/Customer Service Rep: No way. There are machine that will assist the human, but will not replace them.

McDonalds will pay their employees more. The profit in fast food is huge, now they have to share...Boo Hoo!
"The profit in fast food is huge"....
It is? Prove it...
I think you're spouting nonsense.

Why would a franchisee invest millions if it didn't?

Forum List

Back