15 bills the House passed, but Reid refuses to schedule for votes

Pick one and I will tell you what I think. I know im not the person you are asking but im bored :tongue:

Sure. Any of the first 4 listed would be fine.

All 4 of those bills are aimed at reducing uncertanty in future regulations by taking the power out of the hands of either one individual @ the EPA and out of the hands of hte feds and putting it back into the hands of the individual states.

By reducing uncertanty an environment for investing in the expansion of manufacturing is created. By investing in expanding manufacturing jobs will be created both to do the expansion and to operate the expanded facilities.

Exactly why we need an EPA to maintain equal standards in all states. Otherwise we will have states lowballing environmental regulations to steal business from other states.
There is also some strange things about pollution. It doesn't always stay where you put it. Environmental contamination from one state can flow into another state. Rivers and air currents tend to do that

All 4 of those bills are aimed at reducing uncertanty in future regulations by taking the power out of the hands of either one individual @ the EPA and out of the hands of hte feds and putting it back into the hands of the individual states.

By reducing uncertanty an environment for investing in the expansion of manufacturing is created. By investing in expanding manufacturing jobs will be created both to do the expansion and to operate the expanded facilities.

Exactly why we need an EPA to maintain equal standards in all states. Otherwise we will have states lowballing environmental regulations to steal business from other states.
There is also some strange things about pollution. It doesn't always stay where you put it. Environmental contamination from one state can flow into another state. Rivers and air currents tend to do that

I'm not saying you are wrong on the pollution stuff. However, the reason I stated is the reasoning being used is because that is what the GOP believes. In my opinion the republicans are right about it creating an environment where manufacturers can expand to create more manufacturing jobs...aka good paying jobs unlike service industry jobs.

Last edited:
So when is the OP going to give specific details about how ANY of these bills will directly result in job creation?

Since the original post included highlighted examples of how each of the bills would aid in the creation of jobs I'm confused by why you keep asking for specific details? If you disagree with the points that the original poster made then by all means show why you think passing these bills would not affect job creation but I think it's rather obvious by President Obama already choosing not to allow tighter EPA regulations to take effect, that these regulations do indeed affect job creation dramatically. If they DIDN'T then he wouldn't have infuriated the liberal left by reining in the EPA.
The EPA is another agency I'd give the AXE to.

The EPA is something this country did right

Established by a Republican it was a breakthrough in that we put aside petty concerns about short term gains to ensure the long term ecological viability of our country

Anyone who lived prior to the 70s understands the massive improvements in our air, drinking water, rivers lakes and wetlands protections

Amazing that we actually have a political party that favors returning to an ecological wasteland

Since the original post included highlighted examples of how each of the bills would aid in the creation of jobs I'm confused by why you keep asking for specific details? If you disagree with the points that the original poster made then by all means show why you think passing these bills would not affect job creation but I think it's rather obvious by President Obama already choosing not to allow tighter EPA regulations to take effect, that these regulations do indeed affect job creation dramatically. If they DIDN'T then he wouldn't have infuriated the liberal left by reining in the EPA.

Established by a Republican it was a breakthrough in that we put aside petty concerns about short term gains to ensure the long term ecological viability of our country

Anyone who lived prior to the 70s understands the massive improvements in our air, drinking water, rivers lakes and wetlands protections

Amazing that we actually have a political party that favors returning to an ecological wasteland

I actually agree with Cain's position that we do need an EPA but this current EPA is no longer worth keeping around and that we need to scrap it without destroying the good, non-politically motivated parts, and then rebuild it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6GDBxDDQ4c]Cain: Which federal gov. dept. would you cut? - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUVgUVC8maI]Herman Cain says the EPA needs an "attitude adjustment" - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcJ0RK4NdDs]Herman Cain says I'll give the EPA and attitude adjustment - YouTube[/ame]

The EPA has become a job-destroying tool for political purposes.

That's what those who whine about not being able to dump crap for others to deal with always say

But.....but......it will cost jobs if I have to clean my own mess

Pick one and I will tell you what I think. I know im not the person you are asking but im bored :tongue:

Thats way too hypothetical. Lots of dominos need to fall to create jobs. Thanks for the effort but we both know that these aren't job bills.

You mistake libertarians and conservatives for anarchists.

That Government is Best Which Govern's Least -Thomas Paine

I think government should own everything. Those who want to work should work for the government. The rest of us should just get to live. Government can give us what we need. The rich people can pay for it.

Are you sure you want someone you don't know deciding what you
need?​

Thats way too hypothetical. Lots of dominos need to fall to create jobs. Thanks for the effort but we both know that these aren't job bills.

Uncertanty in expenses and regulations is one of the largest hinderances to business expansion right now in the country. People can't expand if they can't accurately and confidently plan for future expenses and regulations.

Putting a number on how uncertainty hurts growth - Reuters -

Well, that wouldn't be difficult. How much does it take to beat my zero?

You don't need to hide with me; we have the same agenda. I want the state in charge of everything too!

Obama is the greatest president in history, and should be made president for life.

So, have you come to the conclusion then, that the Presidents jobs plan actually DOES increase demand from consumers and will therefore cause businesses to create jobs... since that seems to be your criteria for a job producing bill?

Please, show us the parts of the Presidents jobs plan that will increase consumer demand.

I demand another 40, so I'm creating jobs.

This is why we Occupy Wall Street protesters are so helpful, we have lots of demands, and demands create jobs.

I demand that my SSI be doubled. See, i just created a job.

Wow, free and soverign states competing with each other?

We can't have that, pretty soon the economy will pick up and no one will support consolodation of the means of production with the state.

You're right, we need to crush this fast.

This is why it's so important to have a federal permit process for buying nails, a different one for buying wood, a department of water based paints to ensure complience with the EPA laws and fees.

Nothing builds business and jobs as well as more regulations, fees and oversight agencies.

Long ago it was discovered that real wealth isn't found in creating business. Real wealth is in controlling the permits and licenses allowing business to operate. The EPA is a wonderful agency, because they control the outcome of business and ensure that the right winners and losers exist. Bow and kiss the ring of the EPA baron in your district, should the proper gifts find their way to his or her office, then you may be deemed one of the winners in business.

Forum List

Back