14 Ways Obama Can Push Gun Control Without Congress

Obama is going to be despised enough as it is for his failed economy and that god awful Obamacare. Do you really want him to trash the constitution by taking away the 2nd amendment too? Even Obama isnt that stupid.

Holy shit, you're really dumb.

I hope he goes for because if he does the Democrats will take a whoopen in 2014 that will tip the scales towards the GOP.

guns-kelly-quote.jpg

(...)
High capacity clip is a misnomer - the 30 round clip (magazine) is the standard size for the AR-15. Many pistols and rifles have standard magazines larger than 10 rounds.
(...)
The others I can see might make a difference in crime but we certianly don't need more laws - they don't enforce the 2000+ that we have now.

Hmm, when I was active duty, (I retired my commission shortly after the fall of Bagdad) M16A2 standard issue mags were 20-rounds, and so were the ones with my M-203 and my M-4A1. We carried 100 rounds under most conditions, 1 mag in rifle and 4 mags in belt packs (of course, in combat patrols most troops would load up their packs with as many magazines as they could pack). This isn't to say that there weren't 30rd mags in any of the weapons carried, but they weren't standard issue, at least in the units I was attached to. I'm curious, how did a 30-round mag become the "standard size" magazine for the civilian market semi-auto varient of these weapons, the AR-15? I'm not challenging or doubting you, I just find it peculiar that the civilian varient would possess larger magazines than were standard issue for the military varients of this weapon since the late sixties when I joined the military.

Actually, most of these suggestions seemed to be oriented around enforcing laws already on the books, and enhancing a few regulatory techniques. The president can't unilaterally enact laws, only congress can do that. The only thing the president can do is focus the DOJ and various other federal agencies on enforcement of laws and the methods used to enforce those laws.

I just hope Maobama pushes it to the hilt, ya know that 2014 landslide the dems keep talking about, it's very likely to go the wrong way for them. There's a reason the dems have shied away from gun control, it bit them in the ass once already and I think it will do it again.

(...)
High capacity clip is a misnomer - the 30 round clip (magazine) is the standard size for the AR-15. Many pistols and rifles have standard magazines larger than 10 rounds.
(...)
The others I can see might make a difference in crime but we certianly don't need more laws - they don't enforce the 2000+ that we have now.

Hmm, when I was active duty, (I retired my commission shortly after the fall of Bagdad) M16A2 standard issue mags were 20-rounds, and so were the ones with my M-203 and my M-4A1. We carried 100 rounds under most conditions, 1 mag in rifle and 4 mags in belt packs (of course, in combat patrols most troops would load up their packs with as many magazines as they could pack). This isn't to say that there weren't 30rd mags in any of the weapons carried, but they weren't standard issue, at least in the units I was attached to. I'm curious, how did a 30-round mag become the "standard size" magazine for the civilian market semi-auto varient of these weapons, the AR-15? I'm not challenging or doubting you, I just find it peculiar that the civilian varient would possess larger magazines than were standard issue for the military varients of this weapon since the late sixties when I joined the military.

Actually, most of these suggestions seemed to be oriented around enforcing laws already on the books, and enhancing a few regulatory techniques. The president can't unilaterally enact laws, only congress can do that. The only thing the president can do is focus the DOJ and various other federal agencies on enforcement of laws and the methods used to enforce those laws.

30 rd mags were used in Vietnam with the M16A1 and were still in use in my unit when I retired in 2000.

(...)
(...)

30 rd mags were the standard in Vietnam with the M16A1 and were sitll in use in my unit when I retired in 2000.

Nothing like the left rooting for their Dear Leader to act like a fascist tyrant. :thup:

I have to be honest here. I've never seen the liberal leftists so openly willing our government to become a dictatorship. Fools.

Lahota check out THE DICK ACT 1902 before you have to swallow the facts.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTEmVPVJHDI]Efficiency of Militia Bill H.R. 11654, of June 28, 1902 invalidates all so-called gun-control laws - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86bYVJbcdqA]The Dick Act of 1902 - Gun Control My A$$ - YouTube[/ame]

Nothing like the left rooting for their Dear Leader to act like a fascist tyrant. :thup:

I have to be honest here. I've never seen the liberal leftists so openly willing our government to become a dictatorship. Fools.

They've been told so long they can't do anything on their own, they're starting to beleive it. What a waste of prefectly good human beings.

It sure as hell did when it was ratified in 1791. Also for killing Injuns...

No the right to hunt was covered under the 9th and 10th Amendments, the 2nd Amendment was specifically for home protection, primarily against out of control governments.

That's funny. Thanks for the bedtime laugh. Goodnight...

The 2nd Amendment was about maintaining a free state, not a rabbit in every pot.

And not one of these 14 ways would have prevented the CT shooting, will not prevent any further mass shootings, will not make us or our kids any safer and will do nothing to stop gun related crimes one bit. The ONLY thing they will do is put restrictions on the law abiding among us.

And not one of these 14 ways would have prevented the CT shooting, will not prevent any further mass shootings, will not make us or our kids any safer and will do nothing to stop gun related crimes one bit. The ONLY thing they will do is put restrictions on the law abiding among us.

You forgot grow government, if congress provides the funds and that's Maobamas intent. More repressive regulations and bigger bureaucracies. All part of the fundamental transformation.

Forum List

Back