14 Wacky "Facts" Kids Will Learn in Louisiana's Voucher Schools

Hey dumbass,

That is the way it used to be in public schools.

To bad we don't get back to it.

yeah....because that's what we need more girls with a mouth to feed with no education....and you call him a dumbass?

The OP did not state nor imply that a pregnant girl be denied educational opportunities. She just cannot study in class at the Charter School. She can be home schooled or placed in a public school where such behavior is tolerated.
The problem here is the breakdown of morality.
When I was in school, pregnant girls were held in shame. In other words, the community viewed teen pregnancy as "wrong". Now, a pregnant teen is showered with sympathy. "Oh, sweetie it's not your fault".....Really? Who was there when the egg and sperm met? Someone else?...The sad fact is we are not held accountable for our actions. Someone else can always be blamed.
The Charter School policy is correct.
No need for you to reply. You are not changing my mind. I have my core beliefs. Move along.

well....aren't you the snarky asshole? take your core beliefs and stick them up your ass. God would not approve of your judgmentalism. God loves us and decides our fate....not people. Our job is to work together, accept each others' faults and help those in need. Judgmentalism and acting superior is not the work of God. People fall short of God all the time....people have sexual urges, they succumb to all sorts of temptations....Lust, greed, avarice, gluttony, drunkenness....all of those things are sins and go against God.

Just in writing this I find myself at odds with MY core beliefs... Just remember "let those without sin cast the first stone. I am certainly not without sin and am in no position to cast judgment upon anyone.

So, no..... I have no intention of "changing your mind". Do what you think is right...But God judges us all, not just the people you don't like.

yeah....because that's what we need more girls with a mouth to feed with no education....and you call him a dumbass?

The OP did not state nor imply that a pregnant girl be denied educational opportunities. She just cannot study in class at the Charter School. She can be home schooled or placed in a public school where such behavior is tolerated.
When I was in school, pregnant girls were held in shame. In other words, the community viewed teen pregnancy as "wrong". Now, a pregnant teen is showered with sympathy. "Oh, sweetie it's not your fault".....Really? Who was there when the egg and sperm met? Someone else?...The sad fact is we are not held accountable for our actions. Someone else can always be blamed.
No need for you to reply. You are not changing my mind. I have my core beliefs. Move along.

well....aren't you the snarky asshole? take your core beliefs and stick them up your ass. God would not approve of your judgmentalism. God loves us and decides our fate....not people. Our job is to work together, accept each others' faults and help those in need. Judgmentalism and acting superior is not the work of God. People fall short of God all the time....people have sexual urges, they succumb to all sorts of temptations....Lust, greed, avarice, gluttony, drunkenness....all of those things are sins and go against God.

Just in writing this I find myself at odds with MY core beliefs... Just remember "let those without sin cast the first stone. I am certainly not without sin and am in no position to cast judgment upon anyone.

So, no..... I have no intention of "changing your mind". Do what you think is right...But God judges us all, not just the people you don't like.

You are now a spokesperson for the almighty?
We all make judgements. That's what separates us from the animals.
We deal in terms of right and wrong. And it is wrong for a girl in school to become pregnant. Period. We do not condemn her. We shame her to instill the notion that what she has done is unacceptable. It is not however a condemnation or a death sentence. That shame is designed to alert her to never do it again and serves as a warning that being 16 and carrying baby is a horrible idea.
".people have sexual urges, they succumb to all sorts of temptations".....Again, we have rules set up because those temptations should be just that. They should not be acted upon with reckless abandon. If so, there should be consequences.
Just because people make deliberate and conscious errors does not mean we throw our hands in the sir as if to say "surrender".
God does indeed judge us all. Including the people YOU like or excuse for poor behavior.

My son went to private schools all hs life and his class was consistently in the 98th percentile of the nation in reading and math. They have standards there that are hard to beat!

Yep..And liberal educrats are incensed over this. Especially in states where teachers are unionized. These teachers have been brainwashed by their union reps that they and ONLY they can and should be educating children.
The big lie. All teachers unions care about is increasing the number of union teaching jobs. Watch closely in the next few weeks how many teacher's unions will go on strike delaying the opening of the new school term.

Students in states where teachers are unionized perform better than students in right to work states

You get what you pay for.

explain California?.....top 5 to bottom 5.........

That stuff isn't half as absurd as the horseshit they learn in government schools like "values clarification."

yes, go around telling people that dinosaurs and humans existed at the same time and the world is 5,000 years old.

moron.

Jill ......when i went to Catholic Catechism...we were told that Civilization is that old....not the Earth......even the Jehovah's Witness i shared a house with in the 70's told me that.....as a matter of fact he was an Amateur Astronomer......but was able to quote scripture like know one i have ever met since then,including so called Christians....

You are now a spokesperson for the almighty?
We all make judgements. That's what separates us from the animals.
We deal in terms of right and wrong. And it is wrong for a girl in school to become pregnant. Period. We do not condemn her. We shame her to instill the notion that what she has done is unacceptable. It is not however a condemnation or a death sentence. That shame is designed to alert her to never do it again and serves as a warning that being 16 and carrying baby is a horrible idea.
".people have sexual urges, they succumb to all sorts of temptations".....Again, we have rules set up because those temptations should be just that. They should not be acted upon with reckless abandon. If so, there should be consequences.
Just because people make deliberate and conscious errors does not mean we throw our hands in the sir as if to say "surrender".
God does indeed judge us all. Including the people YOU like or excuse for poor behavior.

Shame? That's what God means to you? You do realize that God sent his son down to Earth because we always fall short, correct? You do realize that one sin is no different from another in God's eyes? It is even written that if you LOOK at a woman with lust in your heart, you have committed adultery. Let's not even talk about greed. A sin that most conservatives seem to dismiss out of hand. Where's their shame? You can't pick and choose what is sin.....we all sin and a teen that succumbs to a natural urge is no more of a sinner than any other person....they just have a lifetime reminder of their mistake.

Last edited:
Yep..And liberal educrats are incensed over this. Especially in states where teachers are unionized. These teachers have been brainwashed by their union reps that they and ONLY they can and should be educating children.
The big lie. All teachers unions care about is increasing the number of union teaching jobs. Watch closely in the next few weeks how many teacher's unions will go on strike delaying the opening of the new school term.

Students in states where teachers are unionized perform better than students in right to work states

Demographic shift

By Deanna Pan

Slave masters were nice, the KKK is A-OK, and the Great Depression is a liberal fantasy. Thanks, Gov. Jindal!

Thanks to a new law privatizing public education in Louisiana, Bible-based curriculum can now indoctrinate young, pliant minds with the good news of the Lord—all on the state taxpayers' dime.

Under Gov. Bobby Jindal's voucher program, considered the most sweeping in the country, Louisiana is poised to spend tens of millions of dollars to help poor and middle-class students from the state's notoriously terrible public schools receive a private education. While the governor's plan sounds great in the glittery parlance of the state's PR machine, the program is rife with accountability problems that actually haven't been solved by the new standards the Louisiana Department of Education adopted two weeks ago.

For one, of the 119 (mostly Christian) participating schools, Zack Kopplin, a gutsy college sophomore who's taken to Change.org to stonewall the program, has identified at least 19 that teach or champion creationist nonscience and will rake in nearly $4 million in public funding from the initial round of voucher designations.

Many of these schools, Kopplin notes, rely on Pensacola-based A Beka Book curriculum or Bob Jones University Press textbooks to teach their pupils Bible-based "facts," such as the existence of Nessie the Loch Ness Monster and all sorts of pseudoscience that researcher Rachel Tabachnick and writer Thomas Vinciguerra have thankfully pored over so the rest of world doesn't have to.

Here are some of my favorite lessons:

1. Dinosaurs and humans probably hung out: "Bible-believing Christians cannot accept any evolutionary interpretation. Dinosaurs and humans were definitely on the earth at the same time and may have even lived side by side within the past few thousand years."—Life Science, 3rd ed., Bob Jones University Press, 2007

More holy shit stuff to make sane people cringe: 14 Wacky "Facts" Kids Will Learn in Louisiana's Voucher Schools | Mother Jones

That stuff isn't half as absurd as the horseshit they learn in government schools like "values clarification."

Which Louisiana public schools do they teach "values clarification" at?

I gotta pay taxes so kids will learn that Kings kiss Kings, Heather has two mommies and the US was stolen from mexico.

lets see......

private education......vs..... public education.

ill take private over public any day of the week.

Why? (serious question)

Because Private Schools have to Compete for Students. If they keep pumping out kids who can not pass tests, nobody will send their fucking kids there. While Public Schools just keep sucking, and nobody has a choice.

Why do you think people pay so much to send kids to some of these private schools? Because they are Better at Teaching kids. Period.

Wrong.

I've taught at both. Basically all teachers are trained the same way in the same education programs. Licenses come from that state.

2 types of people teach in private schools (what I observed).

1. The woman who is married to a man that makes good money and has great benefits through his work (something many private schools lack).
Typically, this person will sacrifice higher pay and benefits to avoid the behavioral problems public school teachers must handle.
They want to teach, they just don't want the crap that teachers must deal with in public schools.
2. Teachers that have many applications turned in to public schools yet have seen no interest in being hired. Most are young and feel they can handle a few years with no health insurance and time on the job will add to their resume for the next round of applications.

The MAIN difference in private vs. public is what comes in the door in the morning in the form of students.
Private schools can pick and choose the students they want while public schools are like animal shelters, taking whatever is brought in the door. BIG DIFFERENCE

Imagine a school that recruits and chooses football players vs the school that fields a team from the student body. That is what is happening to states that have class sports. The private schools are mopping up the championships in most classes.
It's not that much different in regard to results in the classroom.

Schools that can "cherry pick" students are always going to have better academic records than schools that must take whatever the cat drags in...

To try and compare the two is ignorant at best.

Why? (serious question)

Because Private Schools have to Compete for Students. If they keep pumping out kids who can not pass tests, nobody will send their fucking kids there. While Public Schools just keep sucking, and nobody has a choice.

Why do you think people pay so much to send kids to some of these private schools? Because they are Better at Teaching kids. Period.

Wrong.

I've taught at both. Basically all teachers are trained the same way in the same education programs. Licenses come from that state.

1. The woman who is married to a man that makes good money and has great benefits through his work (something many private schools lack).
Typically, this person will sacrifice higher pay and benefits to avoid the behavioral problems public school teachers must handle.
They want to teach, they just don't want the crap that teachers must deal with in public schools.
2. Teachers that have many applications turned in to public schools yet have seen no interest in being hired. Most are young and feel they can handle a few years with no health insurance and time on the job will add to their resume for the next round of applications.

The MAIN difference in private vs. public is what comes in the door in the morning in the form of students.
Private schools can pick and choose the students they want while public schools are like animal shelters, taking whatever is brought in the door. BIG DIFFERENCE

Imagine a school that recruits and chooses football players vs the school that fields a team from the student body. That is what is happening to states that have class sports. The private schools are mopping up the championships in most classes.

Schools that can "cherry pick" students are always going to have better academic records than schools that must take whatever the cat drags in...

3. Former public school teachers that are willing to take a cut to pay and benefits to teach in a better environment.

Demographic shift

so are you saying Latinos are stupid OR part of the problem?......because everytime i mention how California's Immigration problem has brought the Education system down here i get a bunch of shit from the Lefties here,to the point of being called a BIGOT......

Demographic shift

so are you saying Latinos are stupid OR part of the problem?......because everytime i mention how California's Immigration problem has brought the Education system down here i get a bunch of shit from the Lefties here,to the point of being called a BIGOT......

No, you are right...in a way.

For example....the school district next to where I live. There is one middle school where 80% of the parents are illiterate...in any language. It is the smallest area because of high density housing in apartments, homes with as many at 20 living in a house, etc. High turnover because where the migrants live. Held to the same standard and punished by the state if their scores don't rise.

Wrong.

3. Former public school teachers that are willing to take a cut to pay and benefits to teach in a better environment.

That's another one.

Forum List

Back