14 Wacky "Facts" Kids Will Learn in Louisiana's Voucher Schools

lets see......

private education......vs..... public education.

ill take private over public any day of the week.

Why? (serious question)

Because Private Schools have to Compete for Students. If they keep pumping out kids who can not pass tests, nobody will send their fucking kids there. While Public Schools just keep sucking, and nobody has a choice.

Why do you think people pay so much to send kids to some of these private schools? Because they are Better at Teaching kids. Period.

Private schools can turn away anyone they choose to. Public schools are mandated to try to educate any child out there.

lets see......

My son went to private schools all hs life and his class was consistently in the 98th percentile of the nation in reading and math. They have standards there that are hard to beat!

Liberals had a good run fucking over our educational system and practicing their unique brand of intellectual paedophilia on our kids but their time is up. Time to close the department of education, disband the UFT and turn education back to communities parents businesses and whoever else thinks they have something of value

Liberals had a good run fucking over our educational system and practicing their unique brand of intellectual paedophilia on our kids but their time is up. Time to close the department of education, disband the UFT and turn education back to communities parents businesses and whoever else thinks they have something of value

How many liberals are in Louisiana?

At least they are teaching stupid....as opposed of not being taught anything at all.

Public education has been boiled down to one thing. Testing. Event the best public school districts have removed critical thinking from the process. Now it's all about "teaching the test"..
Public schools no longer turn out thinkers. Public schools release kids who have no idea how to think for themselves. They have been told they must go to college or they are worthless. If those kids do not have the grades or did not test well, they are screwed. The Public schools have been failing children ever since some left wing educrat invented "outcome based education".

I call it brainwashing but the more scientific term is called "whole language" - it's a pretty slippery slope...

Whole language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When the school administrations across the country changed "English" to "Language studies", I knew we were in big trouble.
There is just a small part of the study of English devoted to grammar, sentence construction, spelling, vocabulary and creative writing.
History is called "social studies"...There is little training in geography. Most HS grads cannot point out on a map the state in which they live. Many cannot name all 50 states.
Few can name the three branches of the federal government. Now are they taught the number of associate justices on the Supreme Court. Hell, most kids cannot read a road map.
Earth Sciences? Forget it. Kids are not taught the process by which rain or even clouds form. Now are they taught the layers which make up the atmosphere or the Earth.
Math?..Beyond the four basic functions, only the achievers can perform advanced math which is critical in engineering and the sciences.
Outcome based education( you did not answer correctly but tried real hard) and standardized testing have ruined public education.
The most galling aspect is the educrats keep pleading for more money.

Not quite. Jindal is using the states tax money to teach kids how to be stupid. It's no wonder that most right wingers are complete unthinking idiots.

It's a shame that left wingers don't even understand what Louisiana is doing or maybe the blind bigotry and hatred sparked by left wing sites like Huffington influences their opinion. States have the legal responsibility to use taxpayer money to educate children. The dirty little secret is that radical lefties are afraid of freedom and information is the left's greatest enemy. Does anyone really believe that Louisiana kids will be mentally impaired by an alternate discussion of creationism? Think about it lefties. Will the entire shrimping industry fail if Louisiana kids get an education that includes the option to believe Christian values? Check your bigotry at the door.

It's a Christian value to teach absolute lies and keep kids stupid?
Apparently so.

Since the article is from Mother Jones, it is hardly credible. It's likely the same as the rest of democrat propaganda.

At least they are teaching stupid....as opposed of not being taught anything at all.

So you have personal experience. Is this what you think we should teach?

3. "God used the Trail of Tears to bring many Indians to Christ."—America: Land That I Love, Teacher ed., A Beka Book, 1994

And the best HS here in the city is a catholic school.... which jews attend in droves. Are they going for the religious crap...or the education they receive?

I dont think any religion should be taught in school. But as i have said before.... i would take a parochial school over a public school any day.
I'll bet they don't teach about the Loch Ness monster, or that people co-existed with dinosaurs, or that the KKK was good.

Here's a Louisiana Charter school (not a religious school) that forces girls to take prenancy tests, and bounces them if they're pregnant.

http://www.delhicharterschool.org/w...sting/Delhi_Charter_school_policy_manual.html

Infuckingsane.

Hey dumbass,

That is the way it used to be in public schools.

To bad we don't get back to it.

yeah....because that's what we need more girls with a mouth to feed with no education....and you call him a dumbass?

The OP did not state nor imply that a pregnant girl be denied educational opportunities. She just cannot study in class at the Charter School. She can be home schooled or placed in a public school where such behavior is tolerated.
The problem here is the breakdown of morality.
When I was in school, pregnant girls were held in shame. In other words, the community viewed teen pregnancy as "wrong". Now, a pregnant teen is showered with sympathy. "Oh, sweetie it's not your fault".....Really? Who was there when the egg and sperm met? Someone else?...The sad fact is we are not held accountable for our actions. Someone else can always be blamed.
The Charter School policy is correct.
No need for you to reply. You are not changing my mind. I have my core beliefs. Move along.

Why? (serious question)

Because Private Schools have to Compete for Students. If they keep pumping out kids who can not pass tests, nobody will send their fucking kids there. While Public Schools just keep sucking, and nobody has a choice.

Why do you think people pay so much to send kids to some of these private schools? Because they are Better at Teaching kids. Period.

Private schools can turn away anyone they choose to. Public schools are mandated to try to educate any child out there.

And your point is?

What is taught in liberal public schools?

That homosexuality is normal. Half the United States was stolen from mexico. Democrats freed the slaves. One Honor Student from a local high school learned that Hitler was a bad man who hated black people. America is now and always was an imperial power.

lets see......

My son went to private schools all hs life and his class was consistently in the 98th percentile of the nation in reading and math. They have standards there that are hard to beat!

Yep..And liberal educrats are incensed over this. Especially in states where teachers are unionized. These teachers have been brainwashed by their union reps that they and ONLY they can and should be educating children.
The big lie. All teachers unions care about is increasing the number of union teaching jobs. Watch closely in the next few weeks how many teacher's unions will go on strike delaying the opening of the new school term.

lets see......

Yep..And liberal educrats are incensed over this. Especially in states where teachers are unionized. These teachers have been brainwashed by their union reps that they and ONLY they can and should be educating children.
The big lie. All teachers unions care about is increasing the number of union teaching jobs. Watch closely in the next few weeks how many teacher's unions will go on strike delaying the opening of the new school term.

Students in states where teachers are unionized perform better than students in right to work states

You get what you pay for.

Students in states where teachers are unionized perform better than students in right to work states

What a crock of shit..........

Why don't you come to Chicago and see these fucking little retards they're churning out.

Hell, half the teachers are fucking retarded themselves..

8th grade has become the new 12th grade...... Oh and that is why progressives are against standardized tests - they know the kids they're allegedly educating are a bunch of idiots.... They know their intent isn't to educate but rather brainwash students with progressive bullshit... That's why progressives want them at school 24-7-365 so they can keep them away from their families and brainwash them as much as possible...

Yeah that is education in Chicago - focus less on teaching a 15-year-old 7th grader how to spell cat and focus on teaching how great democrats are and how everything Obama says is right and anyone who says otherwise is a racist.

Of course these POS teachers get away with it a) because they're unionized and b) the union agrees with their position of brainwashing kids with progressive bullshit.

There are plenty of good schools with good teachers - they just happen to be in the suburbs.

I bet I could put a suburban 7th grader up against an inner city 12th grader and the 7th grader would destroy the 12th grader in any subject...

As a matter of fact it is so bad here in Chicago they have to take the smart kids out of most public schools and put them in charter schools so they don't fall through the cracks and turn out like the retards 90% of the CPS teachers shit.

Why don't you come to Chicago and see these fucking little retards they're churning out.

8th grade has become the new 12th grade...... Oh and that is why progressives are against standardized tests - they know the kids they're allegedly educating are a bunch of idiots.... They know their intent isn't to educate but rather brainwash students with progressive bullshit... That's why progressives want them at school 24-7-365 so they can keep them away from their families and brainwash them as much as possible...

Yeah that is education in Chicago - focus less on teaching a 15-year-old 7th grader how to spell cat and focus on teaching how great democrats are and how everything Obama says is right and anyone who says otherwise is a racist.

Of course these POS teachers get away with it a) because they're unionized and b) the union agrees with their position of brainwashing kids with progressive bullshit.

There are plenty of good schools with good teachers - they just happen to be in the suburbs.

I bet I could put a suburban 7th grader up against an inner city 12th grader and the 7th grader would destroy the 12th grader in any subject...

As a matter of fact it is so bad here in Chicago they have to take the smart kids out of most public schools and put them in charter schools so they don't fall through the cracks and turn out like the retards 90% of the CPS teachers shit.

You could have described California as well.

So can I extrapolate from that comment that you believe the only good teacher is a union teacher?
That students in the 24 right to work states ALL get substandard educations?
And here are a few facts for you.....in many of those union states the kids graduating from those fine and well funded schools cannot afford to live in their home towns because property taxes are the highest in the nation. That the massive increases in wages for public workers in places where unions and civil service protect public workers have made salaries under $75k per year obsolete. That's right..Try making a $2500 per month mortgage payment and $10k per year in property taxes in a middle class Bergen County NJ town on $75k and then get back to me. Meanwhile no appreciable commensurate increase in test scores or graduation rates are in evidence.
That suburban schools have performed the best and urban schools ( which have those same unionized teachers and VERY high taxes) continue to perform poorly even though these districts have much higher per pupil spending ratios than their suburban counterparts.
That is your beat down for the day.
When you make blanket statements with nothing in terms of support statements, I will rip them to shreds.
Here..take a look at what the typical full time public worker in NJ earns. Mind you this does NOT include pension and medical benefit value
New Jersey by the Numbers - NJ.com
Then use this site to randomly find property tax rates and amounts on NJ properties.....
Note: Roughly 80% of tax monies go to funding schools. Most of that goes to funding teacher and administrator wages pensions and benefits.
NJ Assessment Records Search
Here is just one example..Here is a typical home in north central NJ. Twon of Newfoundland which is about 40 miles NW of mid town Manhattan. The tax value of this home is $255k....His annual property tax is nearly $9,300 per year. For comparison's sake, a home of that value in my town here in NC would pay about $1400 per year. We have no unions for public employees. We have limited government. The Mayor and council members are not paid a salary. Most services are contracted out to private firms. So what. We get adequate services and the town employees are accountable to the residents. As opposed to NJ where if a city employee gets shitty with a taxpayer, the union will protect that worker. Down here if that happened the worker would be out the door no questions asked. Accountability.

Look up the term demographics

How many liberals are in Louisiana?

Been to New Orleans lately?

Look up the term demographics

Please tell us you do not imply that minority students are academically inferior.
And please don't play the money for education card. Washington Dc has the highest per pupil spending ratio of any school district in the US and yet the graduation rate and test scores are comparatively poor.
In fact, most large centralized school districts have poorer student performance than smaller lower cost districts.
The best example of throwing money at a problem to make it go away being an abject failure is public education.

It is comforting to know that Louisiana will be graduating all the lawn care labor we will need for the next generation.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back