11 Rules for life that teenagers need to hear

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2008
Patriotic American Muslim
11 things they will not learn in school. How feel-good, politically correct teachings creates a generation of kids with no concept of reality and how this concept set them up for failure in the real world.

Rule 1: Life is not fair - get used to it!

Rule 2: The world won't care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something BEFORE you feel good about yourself.

Rule 3: You will NOT make $60,000 a year right out of high school. You won't be a vice-president with a car phone until you earn both.

Rule 4: If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a boss.

Rule 5: Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your Grandparents had a different word for burger flipping: they called it opportunity.

Rule 6: If you mess up, it's not your parents' fault, so don't whine about your mistakes; learn from them.

Rule 7: Before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you thought you were. So before you save the rain forest from the parasites of your parent's generation, try delousing the closet in your own room.

Rule 8: Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life HAS NOT. In some schools, they have abolished failing grades and they'll give you as MANY TIMES as you want to get the right answer. This doesn't bear the slightest resemblance to ANYTHING in real life.

Rule 9: Life is not divided into semesters. You don't get summers off and very few employers are interested in helping you FIND YOURSELF. Do that on your own time.

Rule 10: Television is NOT real life. In real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.

Rule 11: Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.

That should be posted on every refergrator of every home that has children from the day they are born..

You know like state and federal labor guidelines, OSHA safety warnings at in a work place. Posting calorie counts of food in fast food restaurants. The warnings about cancer causing entities.

11 things they will not learn in school. How feel-good, politically correct teachings creates a generation of kids with no concept of reality and how this concept set them up for failure in the real world.

Rule 2: The world won't care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something BEFORE you feel good about yourself.

Rule 3: You will NOT make $60,000 a year right out of high school. You won't be a vice-president with a car phone until you earn both.

Rule 5: Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your Grandparents had a different word for burger flipping: they called it opportunity.

Rule 6: If you mess up, it's not your parents' fault, so don't whine about your mistakes; learn from them.

Rule 7: Before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you thought you were. So before you save the rain forest from the parasites of your parent's generation, try delousing the closet in your own room.

Rule 8: Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life HAS NOT. In some schools, they have abolished failing grades and they'll give you as MANY TIMES as you want to get the right answer. This doesn't bear the slightest resemblance to ANYTHING in real life.

Rule 9: Life is not divided into semesters. You don't get summers off and very few employers are interested in helping you FIND YOURSELF. Do that on your own time.

Rule 10: Television is NOT real life. In real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.

That is excellent wisdom worth framing and gifting a child as well as young and older adults.

And the answers my nephew would give

then ill just have a trantrum until i get what i want. That's fair isnt it?

the world is here for nothing more then stroking my self esteem... get used to it.

then I just wont work. Who cares anyway my parents will take care of me.

no one is the boss of me.

then let someone else do it and have that opportunity. I dont want to flip burgers

I have lawyers, who needs parents to clean up my mistakes.

I dont care what they did before, they are here now to take care of my every need.

what are you talking about, i never fail anything.

Who said anything about summers off. I just want to take time off when i want to.

Everything on TV is real and true.

What do you mean nerds, no one is smarter then me. And of course everyone will be working for me... how else do you think it will work out.

You have to be a vice president before you can have a car phone?

I fear it's too late, Sunni.

They've been raised to believe that they're the best and all that they see is their birthright.

1. In the light of the essential nature of emotion to the Left, it makes perfect sense that they have created the (highly destructive) self-esteem movement, based on how one feels about oneself. Of course, it is always quite a high number for Leftists, convinced that they are brighter, kinder, finer, more sophisticated, more enlightened, more selfless, and, of course, more intellectual.
Dennis Prager

2. “A 1989 study of mathematical skills compared students in eight different countries. American students ranked lowest in mathematical competence and Korean students ranked highest. But the researchers also asked students to rate how good they were at mathematics. The Americans ranked highest in self-judged mathematical ability, while the Koreans ranked lowest….There is no evidence that high self-esteem reliably causes anything.”
The Problem with Self-Esteem

(In full disclosure....the reference to Korean students ranking highest is purely accidental.)

When my kids were teenagers, I made a copy of this sign and hung it on their bedroom door.

True story.......... :thup:

246712885807138284_ph8EuxGc_b.jpg

When my kids were teenagers, I made a copy of this sign and hung it on their bedroom door.

True story.......... :thup:

246712885807138284_ph8EuxGc_b.jpg

My favorite was a friend whose teenager threated to call DYFS and report him for child abuse. He replied that if DYFS gets called it would be the kid who ends up getting taken away

A helicopter parent's response:

1. Life isn't fair, nor are you, but that doesn't matter. I'll take care of what's unfair to YOU and fuck what real fair is.

2. Of course your self-esteem is the most important thing there is and if anyone messes with your self esteem, your father and I will take them to court.

3. Your father and I will make an appointment to see your boss and have a very stern talk with him/her.

4. During that meeting with your boss, we will tell him/her that he needs to give you a hug at least once a day.

5. After 4 and 5 when your boss fires you, do not get a job flipping burgers. We just finished the basement appartment and all your favorite things are in there...computer, x-box, wii, etc. And, there is a fridge with sodas and a pantry full of cheetos for you.

6. Of course it's not our fault if you mess up; it's everyone else's fault. Eat more cheetos, you'll feel better.

7. No need to worry about your closet; Marie the cleaning lady is taking care of that for you.

8. You will never fail as your father and I will take care of anything for you. And, if you really did do something wrong, it's not YOUR fault because obviously someone failed to communicate exactly what you needed to do.

9. Second to self-esteem, finding yourself is just as important. If you go through ten jobs in three years, it's not your fault, it's just part of your process to find yourself.

10. Job hours are flexible. If 8 AM is too early for you, your father and I will go speak to your boss to let him/her know that you need special work hours based on your special circadian rhythm.

11. Yes, be nice to nerds because you are one of them.

My Dad used to say this a lot.

The world doesn't owe you a living.

Some good things said here.
True times are different but the basics remain the same.
It's good to find some people still feel this way.

Too bad it seems the Democrat party wants government to be the answer for all our needs.

My Latin master (ex-RAF), Mr. Griffiths, on claims that our exams were stressful: "Stress? Stress?!! Stress is having f***ing Messerschmitt up your arse, not a written exam!!"

Outbursts of that nature would usually be followed by a fierce thrashing.

And the answers my nephew would give

then ill just have a trantrum until i get what i want. That's fair isnt it?

the world is here for nothing more then stroking my self esteem... get used to it.

then I just wont work. Who cares anyway my parents will take care of me.

no one is the boss of me.

then let someone else do it and have that opportunity. I dont want to flip burgers

I have lawyers, who needs parents to clean up my mistakes.

I dont care what they did before, they are here now to take care of my every need.

what are you talking about, i never fail anything.

Who said anything about summers off. I just want to take time off when i want to.

Everything on TV is real and true.

What do you mean nerds, no one is smarter then me. And of course everyone will be working for me... how else do you think it will work out.

Thankfully, my kids never acted like that. Greg was always good at art and has made it and a counterculture lifestyle into a pretty lucritive career as a tattoo artist and body piercer. Jessie has always been detail oriented and is upper/middle management in a technical research company. I knew Josh was either going to be a fireman or a biker. When he was a little guy, it was either my leather jacket and boots, or a fire helmet.

After getting out of the 1st Army Engineers where he disarmed IEDs in Iraq and blew stuff up in Germany, he used his GI Bill to get his paramedic certification and attend fire academy.

Oh they have 5 Harley Davidsons between them. I'm so proud.

Here's Josh at 4 or 5 He's 28 now. I still wear that jacket.

The second is josh on my LowRider, back in 1991.

Attachments

• $Josh4.jpg
    $Josh4.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 65
  • $joshonmybike.jpg
    $joshonmybike.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 64

Forum List

Back