100 Million Dollars Isn't A Lot Of Money?

And because they will try and convince people it is "not a lot of money", it makes it easy for them to convince themselves when they waste this kind of money, extrot this kind of money, or skim it off into a pet project

When in fact.. that much money is 100X more than the average person makes in their life...

But to these people it is just taxpayer money that is no more real to them than Monopoly money

This is blowing smoke up the collective asses of ALL of us... hey look mom, I went into debt buying this Porsche even though I only make $10 an hour... but not to worry, because I found a gas station that charges $0.01 less a gallon, so I'm actually SAVING money :rolleyes:

Well said.

$100 million is a complete joke in the face of increased trillions...

Is that why Bush didn't bother cutting any spending? Is that why Bush just allowed the inefficiencies to continue?

What Obama is doing is exactly how you go about solving government inefficiencies. Baby steps at first. Common sense, etc.

PS. The spending Obama is doing is necessary. Some is just overdue because Bush neglected America and some is to get us out of the hole Bush put us in.

And you voted for Bush/McCain I bet? :cuckoo: Dumb mother fucker.

$100 million is a complete joke in the face of increased trillions...

Is that why Bush didn't bother cutting any spending? Is that why Bush just allowed the inefficiencies to continue?

What Obama is doing is exactly how you go about solving government inefficiencies. Baby steps at first. Common sense, etc.

PS. The spending Obama is doing is necessary. Some is just overdue because Bush neglected America and some is to get us out of the hole Bush put us in.

And you voted for Bush/McCain I bet? :cuckoo: Dumb mother fucker.

Your profanity only weakens your position further than your inherent ignorance.

$100 million is a fiscal farce in the face of increased trillions.

Now please explain how all aspects of Obama's spending is necessary.

Oh yeah - and don't forget to apologize for the Dodd AIG fiasco.

Thank you.

These so called spending cuts are fictitious as the money, all 25 ten thousandths of one percent of the bloated budget, will simply be spent elsewhere and then some.

Tell me, if you reduce your personal monthly expenses for say eating out by $250 only to buy a new car with a payment of $400 a month, have you reduced spending?

Only if you cook your books like the government does.

The trouble with all this whining about the cost of this or that is there are genuine needs in our country and in our states, and don't forget people needs. If we are truly interested in spending then start to focus on military spending, it is probably the largest single item expense. Close military bases and create the military Rumsfeld envisioned (?). Would that go over with the American public? Hardly! Arguments would claim weakness, and lord help any politician considered weak. The enemies we face today differs from the past but no one notices. As an example consider all the bombing runs in Afghanistan to get OBL which cost a fortune and accomplished nothing? Actually maybe lots of uranium poisoning which is just a great way to win hearts and minds.

check these figures out.

The Federal Pie Chart

World Military Spending — Global Issues

"Of all the enemies to public liberty war is, perhaps, the most to be dreaded because it comprises and develops the germ of every other. War is the parent of armies; from these proceed debts and taxes … known instruments for bringing the many under the domination of the few.… No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare." James Madison, Political Observations, 1795

Last edited:
Military should not be the first place you look to cut spending. The military we have now is at a perfect size for defending American Interest. It is policing the world tht makes people think our military is too large. However, if we charged other countries for having to put our soldiers there we wouldn't be having this argument. Decreasing the amount pumped into social services would also save quite a bit of money. So 100,000,000 is a start but we have to stop spending on the same level we started spending to see a real change and the American people as a whole don't want to lose their level of comfort.

The trouble with all this whining about the cost of this or that is there are genuine needs in our country and in our states, and don't forget people needs. If we are truly interested in spending then start to focus on military spending, it is probably the largest single item expense. Close military bases and create the military Rumsfeld envisioned (?). Would that go over with the American public? Hardly! Arguments would claim weakness, and lord help any politician considered weak. The enemies we face today differs from the past but no one notices. As an example consider all the bombing runs in Afghanistan to get OBL which cost a fortune and accomplished nothing? Actually maybe lots of uranium poisoning which is just a great way to win hearts and minds.

check these figures out.

The Federal Pie Chart

"Of all the enemies to public liberty war is, perhaps, the most to be dreaded because it comprises and develops the germ of every other. War is the parent of armies; from these proceed debts and taxes … known instruments for bringing the many under the domination of the few.… No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare." James Madison, Political Observations, 1795

why close bases?

why not just pull the vast majority of our troops that are protecting other countries out and have those troops defend our borders?

Why not have the Air Force patrolling our air space?
Why not have the Navy protecting our waters?

There is no need to reduce the size of our military, we simply need to spent that money here at home.

How much money would local and federal agencies save if the border was impenetrable?
No drugs, no Illegals, no criminals and possible terrorists could get across without a full scale assault. Do you think the money that local governments waste on policing illegal criminals and dealing with the drugs and weapons would go a long way to "meeting peoples' needs"?

Do you think the money saved if local governments did not have to cater to the educational needs of children of illegal immigrants who do not speak English could go a long way to improving the quality of education for the children of US citizens?

What about health care; do you think that money saved by county hospitals by not having to treat illegals who don't pay their bills could be used to improve conditions at those hospitals?

The military should be protecting our interests, but it is clear that our interests are in more peril here at home than they are in Germany or South Korea .

you want to save money? I just saved you billions if not trillions.

Last edited:

check these figures out.

The Federal Pie Chart

why close bases?

why not just pull the vast majority of our troops that are protecting other countries out and have those troops defend our borders?

Why not have the Air Force patrolling our air space?
Why not have the Navy protecting our waters?

There is no need to reduce the size of our military, we simply need to spent that money here at home.

How much money would local and federal agencies save if the border was impenetrable?
No drugs, no Illegals, no criminals and possible terrorists could get across without a full scale assault? Do you think the money that local governments waste on policing illegal criminals and dealing with the drugs and weapons would go a long way to "meeting peoples' needs"?

Do you think the money saved if local governments did not have to cater to the educational needs of children of illegal immigrants who do not speak English could go a long way to improving the quality of education for the children of US citizens?

What about health care; do you think that money saved by county hospitals by not having to treat illegals who don't pay their bills could be used to improve conditions at those hospitals?

The military should be protecting our interests, but it is clear that our interests are in more peril here at home than they are in Germany or South Korea .

you want to save money? I just saved you billions if not trillions.

Amen.

Except now with the voting block that is intertwined with millions of illegal aliens, neither party wishes to fully combat the immigration dilemma.

DC is overcome by cowardice, and the nation suffers as a result.

And you are quite right - the costs incurred by this issue translates into billions upon billions each year...

A hundred million here, a hundred million there pretty soon you're talking about real money!

The late Senator Everett Dirkson (R) Illinois "A billion here, a billion there, pretty soon your talking real money."

100 million is 1/3 of 1 percent of the whole budget. Interestingly enough it is roughly the equivalent of what we've spent per annum in Iraq.

100 million is 1/3 of 1 percent of the whole budget. Interestingly enough it is roughly the equivalent of what we've spent per annum in Iraq.

No you mean it's 1/30th of 1/10th of 0.1% percent, and it's what we've spent in 1/1000th of a year in Iraq.

Last edited:
Lets be real. Voters Suck

Great George Carlin

Now, there's one thing you might have noticed I don't complain about: politicians. Everybody complains about politicians. Everybody says they suck. Well, where do people think these politicians come from? They don't fall out of the sky. They don't pass through a membrane from another reality. They come from American parents and American families, American homes, American schools, American churches, American businesses and American universities, and they are elected by American citizens. This is the best we can do folks. This is what we have to offer. It's what our system produces: Garbage in, garbage out. If you have selfish, ignorant citizens, you're going to get selfish, ignorant leaders. Term limits ain't going to do any good; you're just going to end up with a brand new bunch of selfish, ignorant Americans. So, maybe, maybe, maybe, it's not the politicians who suck. Maybe something else sucks around here... like, the public. Yeah, the public sucks. There's a nice campaign slogan for somebody: 'The Public Sucks. F*ck Hope.'"

He was funny but arrogant. Particularly as he got older. I don't miss him.

A hundred million here, a hundred million there pretty soon you're talking about real money!

If you think so, try counting in $100 million increments to 3 Trillion for the next 2 minutes. That should convince you of just exactly how much bullshit this is.

Put another way,

If I gave you $100 million per year, it would take me 30,000 years before I gave you $3 Trillion.

If you think so, try counting in $100 million increments to 3 Trillion for the next 2 minutes. That should convince you of just exactly how much bullshit this is.

Put another way,

If I gave you $100 million per year, it would take me 30,000 years before I gave you $3 Trillion.

Cripes! :clap2:

check these figures out.

The Federal Pie Chart

You never tire of being wrong, I'll give that to you.

The largest single item of expense in the federal budget is entitlements. Nothing else even comes close. It represents over 70% of the yearly budget and is ....at the time of this writing, untouchable.

Defense is paltry by comparison.

To put BO's "savings" into perspective....

If you stacked up enough $1,000 bills to make a million dollars it would be a 1" stack.

100 million in so-called "savings" = 100 inches

BO's Budget = 63 MILES

Forum List

Back