President Obama Jokes About Ortega Rant

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
PORT OF SPAIN, TRINIDAD -- "To move forward, we cannot let ourselves be prisoners of past disagreements," President Obama said to the Summit of the Americas this evening. "I'm very grateful that President Ortega did not blame me for things that happened when I was 3 months old."
Mr. Obama was referring to the 52-minute airing of grievances by Nicaraguan President Daniel Ortega, which ran through decades of what he saw as American imperialism. When discussing the Bay of Pigs invasion, which was launched 48 years ago, Mr. Ortega said he didn't blame Mr. Obama for it, since according to Cuban President Raoul Castro, the invasion happened when Barack Obama was 3-and-a-half months old at the time.

"Obviously, he didn't have any responsibility for that historic event," Ortega said.

Actually, President Obama was four months away from being born at the time, April 17, 1961 -- 48 years ago today.

Mr. Obama's birthday is in August.

In any case, the Ortega reference fit right into President Obama's remarks.

President Obama Jokes About Ortega Rant - Political Punch

PATHETIC AS SHIT :lol::lol::lol:

I am embarassed!

BO is a narcissist. He thinks everything is about him.

It's not about him. It's about the United States.

To sit there and listen to Ortega insult the United States for 52 minutes and do nothing is embarrassing and yes, Willow...pathetic.

John F. Kennedy was responsible for the Bay of Pigs invasion. I can see why Obama wanted to distance himself from JFK. After all, he was white.

Where are the Obamatrons? No defending of this display?

Obama Endures Ortega Diatribe - First 100 Days of Presidency - Politics FOXNews.com

Barry hasn't stood up for the United States in the last month. He is just apologetic to every dictator that he can shake hands with. He really must believe we are the scourge of the world. Come to think of it, Michelle wasn't proud of America until Obama was nominated as the candidate for the presidency. Back on topic, I think it's a shame that the greatest nation on Earth, the most charitable nation on Earth, and really when it comes to it military protectors on Earth. Any country in Europe, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, ect., can always count on us being there for them. Yet, Barry feels that we need to be apoligizing. I don't get it?

I don't get it either. It's just pathetic.. course when you stop and think about it I don't know of too many DUmmies who do stand up for their country.

BO is a narcissist. He thinks everything is about him.

It's not about him. It's about the United States.

To sit there and listen to Ortega insult the United States for 52 minutes and do nothing is embarrassing and yes, Willow...pathetic.

This dude is annoying me with all his sucking up. :eusa_eh:

John F. Kennedy was responsible for the Bay of Pigs invasion. I can see why Obama wanted to distance himself from JFK. After all, he was white.

Eisenhower was responsible for the Bay Of Pigs invasion. JFK was responsible for not providing promised US support.

Well... You're really splitting hairs here since JFK was ultimately responsible for the invasion, but I won't argue with you. But that brings up an excellent joke. Eisenhower was a Republican which explains why Obama didn't couldn't care less. :lol:

Hmm.. I'd be willing to bet if Orgtega had spent 52 minutes dissing Kenya, President Pantywaist would have had a word or two to say about that. Ask the Brits ( who by the way coined the President Pantywaist name ) what happens to the gifts ( Churchill bust ) you've given when Obama feels Kenya has been wronged.

Last edited:
unfortunately, i think nearly all who voted for obama believe as he does.

i wonder when miss Pelosi is going to put her 2 cents in this,and say Barack is doing the right thing by "sucking up"....she will say "its called diplomacy,something we havent seen in 8 years"

Actually, President Obama was four months away from being born at the time, April 17, 1961 -- 48 years ago today.

Mr. Obama's birthday is in August.
ssed!

Actually, we don't know any of that for sure WT... no one has ever seen hussein's "original" birth certificate, and he and his team of lawyers working around the clock intend to keep it that way.

obama was an absolute disgrace to our nation while in the south Americas. He is not, and never will be, my President.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back